Closed Thread
Page 52 of 100 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinks21 View Post
    Happy New Year everyone. Sorry I’ve not been on here for awhile. I hope 2019 brings all of us good health, lots of love, much joy and happiness. I’m just going back reading all the messages and trying to get myself up to date. @Aok I hope all goes well with your appointment tomorrow. @Justme007 what I’ve learnt since going through my infertility journey and especially with all the heartache in 2018 my closest friends and families have been the ones to rally around me when I’ve needed them the most. The ones who have been judgmental, insensitive and unsupportive I say good riddance too. Life is just too short to have people like that in my life.
    Good luck to all the ladies on their way to Greece or are already there. Fingers crossed and hoping it all goes well.
    May 2019 be your year @Tinks21. Wishing you all the very best! X

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Notalone For This Useful Post:

Aok (05-01-2019),Tinks21 (10-01-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just touching base and catching up on everyone’s stories in the new year
    Thinking of everyone heading off shortly and congrats to everyone that has had exciting news

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LeeLee1980 For This Useful Post:

Aok (05-01-2019),Juventina (05-01-2019),Notalone (05-01-2019),Phia (05-01-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Notalone View Post
    I was on doxycycline just before and just after my transfer. DrM prescribed it for me and it was fine. Try not to stress and i hope 2019 will ve your year!
    Thanks @Notalone
    Wish you an amazing 2019, an exciting year ahead for you!!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aok For This Useful Post:

Notalone (05-01-2019),Phia (05-01-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgeousgeorge View Post
    Yes im sure that a lady who used to post in here had that diagnosed, fixed and fell pregnant with de after that surgery. I'll tag her so she can reply.

Hi @gorgeousgeorge I hope your pregnancy is going well!! xx
    I had a uterine septum so not actually bicornuate, but I did have it removed and got pregnant next cycle. xx

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Monty73 For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge (05-01-2019),Phia (05-01-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty73 View Post
    Hi @gorgeousgeorge I hope your pregnancy is going well!! xx
    I had a uterine septum so not actually bicornuate, but I did have it removed and got pregnant next cycle. xx
    Thanks @Monty73. Alls good so far. Fingers crossed. Hoping you are well too. Thinking of you.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Monty73 (10-01-2019),Phia (08-01-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone... searching for some advice..
    I’m just over 7 weeks pregnant and overwhelmed with work stress. I work in state government and the work load and demands, deadlines are not only excessive they are unachievable.
    I’ve come home in tears today crying at being overwhelmed with the work load.
    My supervisor is very unsupportive and won’t provide any of us any assistance. The manager above is the same.
    I am so
    Worried that the stress of work is going to make me miscarry or lose these precious babies that we have longed for
    So long.
    We can’t afford for me to stop working and I don’t want to. My job is rewarding as we help a very high risk group of people (violent, mental health concerns etc).

Do I take. A few days off?
    Would love some advice? Have any of you been through the same thing?

Thanks so much in advance xx

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aussiesofftogreece For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge (08-01-2019),Notalone (10-01-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussiesofftogreece View Post
    I’m just over 7 weeks pregnant and overwhelmed with work stress. I work in state government and the work load and demands, deadlines are not only excessive they are unachievable.
    My supervisor is very unsupportive and won’t provide any of us any assistance. The manager above is the same.
    I am so
    Worried that the stress of work is going to make me miscarry or lose these precious babies that we have longed for
    So long.
    We can’t afford for me to stop working and I don’t want to. My job is rewarding as we help a very high risk group of people (violent, mental health concerns etc).

Oh and I’m pregnant with twins...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussiesofftogreece View Post
    I am so
    So long.

Yeah take a few days off, thats what your leave is for. Being stressed, tired and worried is a kind of "sick", you dont have to feel physically sick to use them. I work in gov dept too, dept ed as a high school teacher. We call them 'sanity days' which are needed sometimes so that you can recharge and come back to work refreshed and do a better job. Do it and dont feel guilty.
    Stress wont cause harm to your baby..everyone is always stressed and if it affected pregnancies the worlds population would be declining rapidly. Remember how stressed you were doing ivf and you got preggers!
    Take a few days off, sleep in, eat yummy food, relax, think happy thoughts about the babies. See a gp if you need too, a good supportive one, who will give you a drs cert simply because you need a rest. I got a drs cert for 2 months sick leave when i was 7 months preggers coz i was "tired" and pregnant Didnt want to waste my mat leave, save that for bubba time. If you work hard and care about your job and the people you help and have a stupid amount of sick leave because you have always powered through/soldiered on (like me) previously, use it. This is your special time and you deserve it. But also, try to remember refugees and malnourished people living in poverty and all sorts of way worse stressed people have babies all the time. Stress wont cause a miscarriage. I feel thats only a theory people make up if it happens and they feel the need for an answer. Its not like your chucking a sickie to go on holidays..you could also ask for a drs cert for 1 days recurring sick leave a week or fortnight if you have enough leave, just because you need a reduced workload, especially woth twins on board. There are people out there constantly wroughting the system and you're not one of them lovely lady xx

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Aok (08-01-2019),Aussiesofftogreece (08-01-2019),Justme007 (08-01-2019),Kalina (08-01-2019),Notalone (10-01-2019),Peninsula Girl (08-01-2019),Phia (08-01-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Aussiesofftogreece not sure if your leave is the same as dept..of education but i also always used FACS (family and community leave) for my scans so i didnt waste sick leave and they approved it because it is a "family" reason. I would calculate how much sick leave you have, save a fair bit for towards the end of your pregnancy in case you need to stop earlier than anticipated and portion out a day here and there..with twins you'll be able to find a dr who will give you certificates for sure, might just take a while to find one or just make up that you have real bad morning sickness or back pain or whateva. I was on my feet all day and once I started teaching/supervising classes sitting at my desk the whole time coz it was too hard to stand up for 5 hours a day and disciplining by saying 'stop that, you're making the baby sad' and 'the baby doesnt like it when you dont do your work', i was like "im bloody useless anyway, might as well let someone else/ a casual earn some money and not retire with 500 days unused sick leave that wont get paid out, like every other teacher I know"

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Aok (08-01-2019),Aussiesofftogreece (08-01-2019),Justme007 (08-01-2019),Notalone (10-01-2019),Peninsula Girl (08-01-2019),Phia (08-01-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Aussiesofftogreece completely agree, take some time off if you can. Nobody will thank you for running yourself ragged, and although stress won't cause a miscarriage I think you should listen to your body and take it easy from time to time. You're growing two placentas and two little people, that takes a lot of energy. With any planning you do make sure you don't take all the leave available to you now - even with one baby the exhaustion in the first and third trimesters can be intense. Your job sounds very worthwhile and fulfilling, but I think this is a time for putting yourself first.

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kalina For This Useful Post:

Aok (08-01-2019),Aussiesofftogreece (08-01-2019),Justme007 (08-01-2019),Notalone (10-01-2019),Phia (08-01-2019)