Closed Thread
Page 48 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussiesofftogreece View Post
    Thank you so much! Where do u get myself a Doppler??!!!
    I think i just googled "doppler buy online au" and bought one online. :-)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Aok (02-01-2019),Aussiesofftogreece (01-01-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgeousgeorge View Post
    I think i just googled "doppler buy online au" and bought one online. :-)
    Thank you!! I will def look into it. WAs you Doctor okay with you using it? Xx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Aussiesofftogreece For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge (01-01-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thank you @Aok, it certainly is surreal. The nausea is still kicking my butt, but conversely it's also reassuring in between scans. Early next week I have another scan (11w hopefully), bloods and also the NIPT, so the nausea is a harsh but welcome companion right now.

I would definitely speak to the FS you know well and trust about the endometritis. It's a long way to go and a lot of money to spend on what could potentially be a sub-optimal time to try, so in your shoes I'd want the go-ahead from someone who's across it. I'd be p*ssed off at not finding out earlier too - who knows, maybe that Dr is confident because he knows what he's doing, but it doesn't hurt to look into it like you are.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kalina For This Useful Post:

Aok (02-01-2019),Justme007 (04-01-2019),Moc24 (03-01-2019),Notalone (02-01-2019),Phia (01-01-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Moc24 View Post
    https://www.babydoppler.com/au/en-au...l-doppler.html

This is the one I bought on recommendation from missybear. I found it great, I could pickup heartbeat from about 11 weeks (not always possible this early). But fantastic latter in pregnancy. Get yourself a big bottle of gel off eBay as well, any chance Lyra sound gel is fine. It is hard to find baby at first but once you get the hang of it it’s super easy. Let me know if you get one and I’ll tell you where to find bubs heartbeat.
    I have an unopened bottle of gel, happy to pop in the post if needed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Agree with much of what others have said about people who are judgemental but ignorant about donation. It's kind of human, opinions don't necessarily wait for experience to catch up. I figure all you can do while going through something rough is surround yourself with people who make you feel better, not worse. You can't argue someone into having a bigger heart.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kalina For This Useful Post:

Aok (02-01-2019),Justme007 (04-01-2019),Notalone (02-01-2019),Phia (01-01-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thank you!! I will def look into it. WAs you Doctor okay with you using it? Xx
    Lol no the midwives told me not to use one because if you're not trained to find a heartbeat and you cant find it, it would freak you out when there may be nothing wrong iykwim and said they can often add extra stress, so i think most drs and med people will tell you not too. But i did it anyway. But not too often, only every now and then. Oh and they also mentioned most of the time its easier to hear the blood pumping from the placenta and people mistake that for the baby, think everythings fine and then neglect to see medical professionals when they should because the dopplers giving false reassurance. So i guess you have to weigh all that up. When you get further along, you will feel baby moving and its much more important to regularly pay attention to feeling movement than hearing sounds on a doppler. My local midwives were really nice and said i could pop up to the hospital anytime i was worried and they would check for me..sometimes i would turn up and they would ask if there was a reason i thought something was wrong and i would say "no" sheepishly but they would still be nice and say, "well lets check anyway". I did tell them about my whole long painful de journey and they kinda got why i would worry more than a normal person. So if you have a midwife appointment i would tell them everything if you are comfortable doing so and just ask if you can pop in every now and then when you get worried, for your mental health iykwim..hopefully your midwives will be as kind as mine where. Lots of ladies do this. One of my friends who had twins said she was practically up at the hospital every day sometimes in the middle of the night, so hearing that encouraged me to go there when i felt really worried, even if i had no real reason too. I would say, use a doppler after midwives are able to hear a heartbeat with one and only if it helps you...if.it just makes you more worried maybe give it a miss. Once i could feel baby, i stopped using it xx
    Last edited by gorgeousgeorge; 01-01-2019 at 21:52.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Aussiesofftogreece (02-01-2019),Kalina (02-01-2019),Notalone (02-01-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @gorgeousgeorge thanks for sharing all that info about dopplers. I've been toying with the idea of getting one if I make it past twelve weeks but now leaning towards not. I get the impression that they can't tell you if a problem is developing, only if the heartbeat is there or not - so it seems to me they can't ward off a bad outcome, just tell you if it's already happened.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kalina For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge (02-01-2019),Notalone (02-01-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol no the midwives told me not to use one because if you're not trained to find a heartbeat and you cant find it, it would freak you out when there may be nothing wrong iykwim and said they can often add extra stress, so i think most drs and med people will tell you not too. But i did it anyway. But not too often, only every now and then. Oh and they also mentioned most of the time its easier to hear the blood pumping from the placenta and people mistake that for the baby, think everythings fine and then neglect to see medical professionals when they should because the dopplers giving false reassurance. So i guess you have to weigh all that up. When you get further along, you will feel baby moving and its much more important to regularly pay attention to feeling movement than hearing sounds on a doppler. My local midwives were really nice and said i could pop up to the hospital anytime i was worried and they would check for me..sometimes i would turn up and they would ask if there was a reason i thought something was wrong and i would say "no" sheepishly but they would still be nice and say, "well lets check anyway". I did tell them about my whole long painful de journey and they kinda got why i would worry more than a normal person. So if you have a midwife appointment i would tell them everything if you are comfortable doing so and just ask if you can pop in every now and then when you get worried, for your mental health iykwim..hopefully your midwives will be as kind as mine where. Lots of ladies do this. One of my friends who had twins said she was practically up at the hospital every day sometimes in the middle of the night, so hearing that encouraged me to go there when i felt really worried, even if i had no real reason too. I would say, use a doppler after midwives are able to hear a heartbeat with one and only if it helps you...if.it just makes you more worried maybe give it a miss. Once i could feel baby, i stopped using it xx
    Thank so much this is so insightful!! I totally understand what you mean about doing what’s best for your mental health!
    We had our scan today and we have 2 delightful hearts beating away from 2 Seperate sacks.
    We are beyond thrilled!
    I have been measured as 6weeks2 days!

15. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Aussiesofftogreece For This Useful Post:

Aok (02-01-2019),gorgeousgeorge (02-01-2019),missybear (03-01-2019),Moc24 (03-01-2019),Notalone (05-01-2019),Peninsula Girl (02-01-2019),Phia (02-01-2019),tinker27 (06-01-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank so much this is so insightful!! I totally understand what you mean about doing what’s best for your mental health!
    We had our scan today and we have 2 delightful hearts beating away from 2 Seperate sacks.
    We are beyond thrilled!
    Congratulations @Aussiesofftogreece!! Twins are the absolute best, I’m so thrilled for you. All the best for the rest of your pregnancy, it can be a bit of a crazy ride with twinnies on board but worth every second. Take care of yourself!

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Peninsula Girl For This Useful Post:

Moc24 (03-01-2019),Notalone (05-01-2019),Phia (02-01-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are beyond thrilled!

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aussiesofftogreece For This Useful Post:

Notalone (05-01-2019),Phia (02-01-2019)