+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation Greece #15

Thanks @Phia really helpful, I did see this list in the thread and already had it noted down. So happy for you :-) Hope all is going with your baby girl x

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AussieKoukla For This Useful Post:

Phia  (07-11-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation Greece #15

Hi ladies
    Thanks @Moc24 for thinking of me. I’ve just had my first intralipids fusion today with Dr Saba. My blood tests results came back and he has said hubby and I both have Ureaplasma infection so we both have to have a course of antibiotics. I’ve got the MTHFR gene so I’m on Methylfolate instead of folic acid. I’ve got certain immune cells that are t balance which is why he’s started me on Intralipids. Hubby goes in to see Dr Saba on Friday so that he can get tested too. Fingers crossed all goes well.
    @Phia your girls are just gorgeous . @AussieKoukla welcome the girls here are wonderful and are a fountain of knowledge @Mrsl73 I hope you’re resting and going well with your pregnancy. Will be praying that everything goes well for you. Have been following your journey @hopeful39 I’m so sorry to hear this. I’m glad to hear that you remain positive and will be moving forward with your next plan. @gorgeousgeorge how are you going? Hope you’re keeping well and doing well. Thinking of all you ladies xx
    Last edited by Tinks21; 07-11-2018 at 22:18.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tinks21 For This Useful Post:

AussieKoukla  (08-11-2018),LeeLee1980  (08-11-2018),Moc24  (08-11-2018),Notalone  (01-12-2018),Phia  (08-11-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Phia, your girls are gorgeous They look so similar to me!!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peninsula Girl For This Useful Post:

Phia  (08-11-2018),Speckle2018  (09-11-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Phia they look similar as well

8. The Following User Says Thank You to tinker27 For This Useful Post:

Phia  (08-11-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello, I am new to this thread. I have been reading from the start and would like to say such a heartfelt thank you to all of you for sharing everything you have gone through. I've never felt such shared joy, hope and heartbreak for women that I have never met before! I have so much respect and positive feelings towards all of you, thank you. I feel so grateful to have found you all and I already feel so supported even though this is my first post! Since finding this thread I have been able to (slowly and reluctanly) let go of the dream of using my OE and I have found hope again at the thought of finding our rainbow baby via DE. I never even considered this but here I am, having skyped with Dr NK on the weekend (he was just as amazing and warm as everyone has previously mentioned, even hubby was impressed and I know he was super skeptical when I fist told him about this!) and I am filled with the possibility of joy and trying to figure out a way to get to Embryoland to find our baby. Some background info on us - we are both 40, we have 2 beautiful girls concieved naturally (5 and 3) but we have been trying for 2 years for a third child to complete our family. I've had 4 failed IUIs, 3 rounds of IVF, only ever had one embryo transferred and recently fluked a natural pregnancy only to find out at 13weeks that there was no heart beat. (I had the D&C at end of May) We tried one more round of IVF and got 5 eggs that all expired on day 1. So here we are looking at DE. I see Dr NL in Melbourne and he suggested the DE route (that's how I found this forum - I was going to go where he suggested but after reading everyone's experiences and doing some research I feel like Embryoland is where I need to be). Both NL and NK seem to think 'my oven' is fine and haven't suggested doing any further testing for NKC or immumity issues etc- I guess I'm looking for thoughts on this? Should I do that testing anyways? Also, for practical reasons we are looking at sending hubby there first for a quick trip, then freezing the embryos (fingers crossed we get some good ones) and then I will go over for FET as soon as I can arrange. Does anyone have any thoughts/advice on this - if you've gone over (alone) for a quick FET how long were you there? Did you just have a scan to check lining early in cycle and then be in Greece by day 10 of your cycle? NK didn't say to be on the pill or anything, he just said day 1 start progynova and then come over - I am worried about getting there and my body not being ready - or is that what the progynova does?? Sorry for the loooooong post, I am getting carried away with excitment and apprehension!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Elsielee For This Useful Post:

Notalone  (01-12-2018),Phia  (08-11-2018),Tinks21  (12-11-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elsielee View Post
    Hello, I am new to this thread. I have been reading from the start and would like to say such a heartfelt thank you to all of you for sharing everything you have gone through. I've never felt such shared joy, hope and heartbreak for women that I have never met before! I have so much respect and positive feelings towards all of you, thank you. I feel so grateful to have found you all and I already feel so supported even though this is my first post! Since finding this thread I have been able to (slowly and reluctanly) let go of the dream of using my OE and I have found hope again at the thought of finding our rainbow baby via DE. I never even considered this but here I am, having skyped with Dr NK on the weekend (he was just as amazing and warm as everyone has previously mentioned, even hubby was impressed and I know he was super skeptical when I fist told him about this!) and I am filled with the possibility of joy and trying to figure out a way to get to Embryoland to find our baby. Some background info on us - we are both 40, we have 2 beautiful girls concieved naturally (5 and 3) but we have been trying for 2 years for a third child to complete our family. I've had 4 failed IUIs, 3 rounds of IVF, only ever had one embryo transferred and recently fluked a natural pregnancy only to find out at 13weeks that there was no heart beat. (I had the D&C at end of May) We tried one more round of IVF and got 5 eggs that all expired on day 1. So here we are looking at DE. I see Dr NL in Melbourne and he suggested the DE route (that's how I found this forum - I was going to go where he suggested but after reading everyone's experiences and doing some research I feel like Embryoland is where I need to be). Both NL and NK seem to think 'my oven' is fine and haven't suggested doing any further testing for NKC or immumity issues etc- I guess I'm looking for thoughts on this? Should I do that testing anyways? Also, for practical reasons we are looking at sending hubby there first for a quick trip, then freezing the embryos (fingers crossed we get some good ones) and then I will go over for FET as soon as I can arrange. Does anyone have any thoughts/advice on this - if you've gone over (alone) for a quick FET how long were you there? Did you just have a scan to check lining early in cycle and then be in Greece by day 10 of your cycle? NK didn't say to be on the pill or anything, he just said day 1 start progynova and then come over - I am worried about getting there and my body not being ready - or is that what the progynova does?? Sorry for the loooooong post, I am getting carried away with excitment and apprehension!
    Hi @Elsielee and welcome.
    I did all of my cycles using frozen embryos (except the first). I really liked it as you know what you’ve got before you leave and you don’t have to time anything around your donor. My Dh did a quick trip over to leave semen (which was frozen) and never needed to go back. I made 4 trips to Athens in my own. On one trip I flew in at 11 am and left at 7pm same day after transfer ( I had a BFP that trip)!
    We were limited by work commitments so this made sense for us. Good luck.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Moc24 For This Useful Post:

Elsielee  (08-11-2018),Notalone  (01-12-2018),Phia  (08-11-2018),Tinks21  (12-11-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @AussieKoukla and welcome.
    I went through Ruth Pellows at
    Ivftreatmentabroad.com. I can highly recommend her. She used clinics in both Athens and Thessaloniki.
    The most popular and recommended clinics are
    Iakentro
    Embryoland and
    Embryolab.

I have only heard good things from these clinics of course there are plenty of others.

I would recommend getting immune testing done by Dr M in Sydney (you can phone consult) or Dr Saba if you are in W.A.
    it literally costs a few hundred dollars and can save you thousands and much heartache.
    @ elsielee I recommend this for you also.
    Goodluck

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Moc24 For This Useful Post:

AussieKoukla  (08-11-2018),Elsielee  (08-11-2018),Notalone  (01-12-2018),Peninsula Girl  (08-11-2018),Phia  (08-11-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your reply @Moc24 ! We are limited by work constraints too so the seperate trips seems like the best option, although a bit daunting! With regards to the immune testing etc, has anyone actually done this with Dr NL in Melbs or does everyone go through Dr M, Dr Ellims, Dr Saba? Just asking cause I have an appointment on 5th Dec with NL and could do it then? If not then I should get the ball rolling with one of the other Drs! I'm hoping I don't have any issues but would rather find out now that after repeated unknown failures - pretty sure we only have a one cycle shot with DE (for financial and emotion reaons!) so as you ladies have said before, I need to 'throw the kitchen sink at it!'

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Elsielee For This Useful Post:

Moc24  (10-11-2018),Notalone  (01-12-2018),Phia  (08-11-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elsielee View Post
    Thanks for your reply @Moc24 ! We are limited by work constraints too so the seperate trips seems like the best option, although a bit daunting! With regards to the immune testing etc, has anyone actually done this with Dr NL in Melbs or does everyone go through Dr M, Dr Ellims, Dr Saba? Just asking cause I have an appointment on 5th Dec with NL and could do it then? If not then I should get the ball rolling with one of the other Drs! I'm hoping I don't have any issues but would rather find out now that after repeated unknown failures - pretty sure we only have a one cycle shot with DE (for financial and emotion reaons!) so as you ladies have said before, I need to 'throw the kitchen sink at it!'
    I saw Dr NL @Elsielee, he also was the one who recommended DE to us. I also had a phone consult with Dr Matthias bit in hindsight, not really necessary. Dr M did extra NK cell testing on top of what Dr NL did but that was all. Dr NL deferred to Dr Matthias’ recommendations for meds but I do really think he is equally as knowledgeable, plus Dr NL can do intralipids if you need them. I told Dr NL I only had one shot at DE and wanted to give it everything. He suggested extra meds to me as a result of this (plaquenil) so I would recommend being really clear that you want to throw the kitchen sink at it. If you’re super cautious like I am, you could maybe book a phone consult with Dr M so you have it just in case?

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Peninsula Girl For This Useful Post:

Elsielee  (08-11-2018),Moc24  (10-11-2018),Notalone  (01-12-2018),Phia  (08-11-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    From what I’ve heard about Dr NL from Melbourne ladies I think you’d be fine getting him to do immune testing. He seems to be quite thorough on that. But I am basing this off second hand intel so hopefully one of his patients can confirm or try the Natural Killer Cells thread

R

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Risa78 For This Useful Post:

Elsielee  (08-11-2018),Notalone  (01-12-2018),Phia  (08-11-2018)