+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks again @Kalina when we tested in Greece only half our day 3 embryos passed. The donor I think was 24 but as my husband is late 40s I think you are correct that his sperm is not perfect being older. My Greek clinic also said his sample quality wasn’t great but they still found good sperm to ICSI as quantity was good?

I have an appointment for a second opinion with another FS but it’s not until early Feb, but I’m on a wait list so I hope that will give me an earlier appointment.

In the meantime I have Jan appointments with Dr LB and Dr GM to perfect my cycle and drugs. I’d like to go again asap not getting any younger - Dr GM thinks March at earliest but I must admit I can’t recall why he said this.
    Last edited by Justme007; 14-12-2018 at 08:53.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justme007 For This Useful Post:

Notalone  (Yesterday),Phia  (14-12-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Justme007 View Post
    Thanks again @Kalina when we tested in Greece only half our day 3 embryos passed. The donor I think was 24 but as my husband is late 40s I think you are correct that his sperm is not perfect being older. My Greek clinic also said his sample quality wasn’t great but they still found good sperm to ICSI as quantity was good?

I have an appointment for a second opinion with another FS but it’s not until early Feb, but I’m on a wait list so I hope that will give me an earlier appointment.

In the meantime I have Jan appointments with Dr LB and Dr GM to perfect my cycle and drugs. I’d like to go again asap not getting any younger - Dr GM thinks March at earliest but I must admit I can’t recall why he said this.
    I think the prevailing wisdom is that on average only about 50% of good day 3 embryos make it to blastocyst, so half of day 3s being euploid sounds like a good result.

It sounds like you're lining your ducks up. It may be worth asking whether your clinic uses the more advanced sperm selection methods, just in case.
    Last edited by Kalina; 14-12-2018 at 17:49.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kalina For This Useful Post:

Notalone  (Yesterday)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you @Notalone! I've always suffered awful morning sickness and fatigue until around 14 weeks, so hoping I have only a few days left. Looking forward to enjoying my Christmas lunch! Hope you are well.❤️

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hopingfor7and8 For This Useful Post:

Notalone  (Yesterday),Phia  (14-12-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Phia View Post
    @MazLopez76 Came across your post from six months ago and was thinking of you. Hope you’re ok
    Thank you for your thoughts; I am still around! I am doing better, although this month has been touch and go as I would have been due next week. But am looking to what we have planned next and focusing on that. We have booked our flights and accommodation last weekend for our late March, early April DE cycle.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MazLopez76 For This Useful Post:

Notalone  (Yesterday),Phia  (Yesterday)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Justme007 View Post
    @Phia thanks for your reply and I forgot to say congratulations on gorgeous Penelope. I love the name and the pic of her with her doting big sister. I know this Christmas will be so special for your lovely family. Enjoy every minute!

Yes I was on cyclacur both last two FETs but according to both Dr LB and Dr GM not enough. The frustrating this is that I showed one Dr my drug chart and it was approved prior and the other Dr I emailed twice and called twice and didn’t get a reply.

On my first cycle I was on the pill and I have now gone back on the pill to control ovulation more.

So I do feel I have essentially wasted three good embryos. The Greek clinic has another donor ready so I can do it all over again. Dr LB and Dr GM have said they will adjust my drugs and my lining is always fine. Still it feels like I’m doing the same thing and expecting a different result. And we are eating into our mortgage savings, but I refuse to count the $.

I see other successes obviously at my Greek clinic so maybe it’s a numbers game...
    I'm really sorry you've had such a tough time @Justme007. It must be frustrating when you have 3 doctors to advise you and you receive different advice. Makes it hard to know who you should listen to. I really hope your next transfer is the charm. X

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Notalone For This Useful Post:

Justme007  (Yesterday),Phia  (Yesterday)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MazLopez76 View Post
    Thank you for your thoughts; I am still around! I am doing better, although this month has been touch and go as I would have been due next week. But am looking to what we have planned next and focusing on that. We have booked our flights and accommodation last weekend for our late March, early April DE cycle.
    Good to hear from you @MazLopez76. I know next week will be hard for you so try and keep yourself very busy if you can. How exciting that you've booked your flights. I really hope 2019 is your year! Best of luck x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Justme007 - for what it’s worth - I had the same team as you. The only way I could manage the three was to compartmentalise them. LB for preparing my uterus (scratch, hysteroscopy and scans). GM for holding the pregnancy. NK for preparing for transfer. And to be honest I didn’t discuss the protocols with LB until I went in for the viability scan and she was writing my OB referral and I had to tell her what meds I was in. She disapproved of the dexmethasone and said I should come off it. But that was a GM protocol so I just nodded and ignored her advice really. Equally NK said that 600mg was enough progesterone, but when I started spotting I just upped it and GM was like you can take up to 1200 mg if you want. Halving a team is good and the only way that worked for me, but given that all three are very different in styles it’s definitely a juggle.

You are so incredibly close - especially when your HCG was 100! It could be a mitochondrion issue where the embryos run out of puff so to speak and that’s a sperm issue. Well this is what LB said to me back in my OE days. Hoping your new batch has your take home baby.
    There’s debates for pros and cons of PGS - we didn’t because of the age of the donor being 22. Not sure about March - are you on plaquenil?

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phia For This Useful Post:

Justme007  (Yesterday),Notalone  (Yesterday)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome to the thread! I have no idea what KIR genotyping is, I’m sorry. But I googled and it looks like killer cells...

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4655612/
    Thank you @Phia

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Justme007 - for what it’s worth - I had the same team as you. The only way I could manage the three was to compartmentalise them. LB for preparing my uterus (scratch, hysteroscopy and scans). GM for holding the pregnancy. NK for preparing for transfer. And to be honest I didn’t discuss the protocols with LB until I went in for the viability scan and she was writing my OB referral and I had to tell her what meds I was in. She disapproved of the dexmethasone and said I should come off it. But that was a GM protocol so I just nodded and ignored her advice really. Equally NK said that 600mg was enough progesterone, but when I started spotting I just upped it and GM was like you can take up to 1200 mg if you want. Halving a team is good and the only way that worked for me, but given that all three are very different in styles it’s definitely a juggle.

You are so incredibly close - especially when your HCG was 100! It could be a mitochondrion issue where the embryos run out of puff so to speak and that’s a sperm issue. Well this is what LB said to me back in my OE days. Hoping your new batch has your take home baby.
    There’s debates for pros and cons of PGS - we didn’t because of the age of the donor being 22. Not sure about March - are you on plaquenil?
    Thanks Phia again! I have tried to also compartmentalise but hard when they all disagree!
    Yes I was on Plaquenil for many months prior and also on Prednisolone 25mg.
    The 120 hCG was the first and best rated embryo so maybe the PGS got that right at least?!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Justme007 For This Useful Post:

Notalone  (Yesterday)