+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My centre were super strict about me providing evidence they were vaxxed. Kept talking about beinb audited. Why do we have to prove it if it’s all linked?

Thanks
    Reviews
    What state are you in?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Its a private business, but I don't agree with their policy. I would probably make a snide enquiry that I want to pay less for daycare so I can have more money for other stuff, if they can discount at their discretion then I want a piece of that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ565 View Post
    Its a private business, but I don't agree with their policy. I would probably make a snide enquiry that I want to pay less for daycare so I can have more money for other stuff, if they can discount at their discretion then I want a piece of that.
    you’re a crack up i agree wholeheartedly.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

SJ565  (05-11-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would be pretty annoyed if I found out there were some people who got a reduction in fees because they couldn't afford it. I've never heard of it happening though and I spoke to my SIL about it who's a director of a private daycare and it isn't something that's offered at her daycare.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Would that not be discrimination against the other families? Im pretty sure that it's illegal to enroll unvaxxex kids in childcare in WA since Jan 2019. As part of the No vaxx No Play policy

8. The Following User Says Thank You to The Boots of Truth For This Useful Post:

wobblermummy  (07-01-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeeeesecake View Post
    I was speaking to a family the other day who don’t vaccinate their children. I mentioned casually that daycare (which their child attends twice a week) must be expensive, as they would have to pay full fees and get no childcare rebate due to not vaccinating. They told me that the daycare (well, it’s actually a private ELC) gives them 50% discount off of their full fees to make it affordable for them to pay without the rebate.

I know it’s really none of my business who daycare give fee discounts to, and why, and they have the right to run their business the way they choose, but it did annoy me that the government withdraws child care payments for unvaxed kids, then daycare just goes and rewards them for it anyway with fee discounts. It feel a little sneaky maybe. WDYT? Should there be a government crackdown on daycare offering fee discount for unvaxed kids, or should they have the right to offer different fees for different families?
    I'd report them and make sure they are a legitimate ELC if you say they are 'private'.
    If they are offering a 50% discount then they must be wearing that cost themselves, which makes me think it sounds rather dodgy.

The law is there for a reason, because sometimes, unfortunately, the Government has to legislate commonsense.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Rachel3072 For This Useful Post:

wobblermummy  (07-01-2019)