+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 34

Thanks for all your replies, I'm going to postpone induction for another 8 or so days.

They didn't give me any reason for suggesting induction other than that I reported reduced foetal movement for one day when I was asked - and I specified that I had been busy so probably just didn't notice. Anyway, I've since had an ultrasound (all good, enough amniotic fluid etc) and all movement has been very normal but they won't drop the 'but you reported reduced movements' thing 😭

I see a different midwife each time and various doctors on duty so they probably have no idea what I've said previously.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elevatormusic View Post
    I'm 34

Thanks for all your replies, I'm going to postpone induction for another 8 or so days.

They didn't give me any reason for suggesting induction other than that I reported reduced foetal movement for one day when I was asked - and I specified that I had been busy so probably just didn't notice. Anyway, I've since had an ultrasound (all good, enough amniotic fluid etc) and all movement has been very normal but they won't drop the 'but you reported reduced movements' thing

I see a different midwife each time and various doctors on duty so they probably have no idea what I've said previously.
    My doctor scheduled an induction for 40 weeks + 10 days which was the limit. Fortunately I naturally started at 40weeks + 8 so they didn’t have to induce and she was born at 40 + 10. To help my body I got 2 sweeps done, lots of walking and drank red raspberry leaf tea. Good luck!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sabrina1717 For This Useful Post:

Elevatormusic (31-10-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elevatormusic View Post
    I'm 34

They didn't give me any reason for suggesting induction other than that I reported reduced foetal movement for one day when I was asked - and I specified that I had been busy so probably just didn't notice. Anyway, I've since had an ultrasound (all good, enough amniotic fluid etc) and all movement has been very normal but they won't drop the 'but you reported reduced movements' thing

There is a huge push around recognising reduced foetal movements at the moment. I have a friend who is a midwife and my student midwife on Facebook and they are doing heaps of sharing about it and talking about new recommendations.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Green Cheese For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I was about 10 days late with my first, and by the time I went into labour there was meconium in the waters so in my situation it would have been better to induce. But there was no way of knowing this. With my 2nd I was induced at 42 weeks and labour happened so fast, that I probably would have gone spontaneously given a little more time anyway. No meconium second time.
    So yes I would wait and don’t let them pressure you.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sairz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Cheese View Post
    There is a huge push around recognising reduced foetal movements at the moment. I have a friend who is a midwife and my student midwife on Facebook and they are doing heaps of sharing about it and talking about new recommendations.
    I had to push for an induction with my twins because of reduced movement. She was still moving more than recommended, and moving more than her brother, but not enough for her.
    I got my induction (resulted in csection though) and there was nothing left of her placenta. I’m very big on warning about reduced movement now.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ahalfdozen For This Useful Post:

bezzy (30-10-2018),Elevatormusic (31-10-2018),JustJaq (30-10-2018),MLadyEm (30-10-2018),SSecret Squirrel (30-10-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    As for original question. I was induced with 3 of my 4 single pregnancies. 41+3, 41+4 and 41+1.

The last one, they wanted to induce right on 40 weeks because of weight (yeh I was overweight but not crazy so) and we had a huge fight with the hospital to get it to past 41 weeks. And then I went in at 41 weeks and got bumped to the next day anyway. Ha.

I would wait a bit longer as long as you are confident nothing is wrong.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ahalfdozen For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Inducing?

I was also told that they induce in 39th week if there’s a growth scan at around 32-34w coming up as all measurements average coming up as over 90%

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kazza78 For This Useful Post:

Elevatormusic (31-10-2018),Winterberry (30-10-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was induced with DD @ 40+3. I was borderline GD & they don’t like you going too far over. All my levels were fine but it was just a pro caution I think. DD was born at 40+5 though so it took 2days after being induced & monitored but she was fine, we had no problems.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to MissMooMumma For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I ended up getting induced after all - pain was pretty intense - no gap between contractions. I managed an unassisted vaginal birth but only just - they were on standby with the vacuum.

I wish I'd just gotten the epidural and spared myself hours of intense pain. I got it after 7 hours - after which I was physically exhausted and the epi hit me a bit too hard and I code blued for a little while.

Nonetheless, bub was born healthy at 3.94 kilos but it'll take me a long time before I consider another lol

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elevatormusic For This Useful Post:

Emma1217 (27-02-2019),Kazza78 (22-02-2019)