+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Tubal ligation after vaginal delivery?

I am in Brisbane. I'm 5 weeks pregnant with my 8th child, and we are definitely done after this one lol

I would love some info if anyone has had there tubes done straight after or next day after vaginal delivery , do they even do that? Have no idea , I haven't been to see the doctor as of yet.

Thank-you

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't think so. I had a tubal ligation last Tuesday.
    I have 5 kids and cannot imagine doing this after deilvering vaginally. The GA, and the recovery from the op combined with the recovery from the birth would not be ideal.
    I definitely told everyone that if I was to have a ceaser with the last to do the tubes in case it was an emergency and I was put to sleep.
    Maybe 6 weeks after?
    Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    No they won't, unless you end up needing a cesarean. I'm on the waiting list for my tubes to be done and fell pregnant, currently nearly 7 weeks. My Dr said the best I can do I request to sign a consent form at one of my midwife appointments so that in the event I end up having or needing a cesarean they will do it automatically as they won't accept consent if I am already in labour for it. She told me to keep my appointment any way, as it could be any time in the next year, and hopefully it can be done around 3 months postpartum.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had mine done 10 weeks ago BUT I had a c-sec and it’s actually made recovery harder as they need to pull your uterus right down to get to the uterus. No way on earth would I consider getting one after a naturally delivery which I had with my first. It’s hard enough Pushing a baby out I wouldn’t cope with someone go back up there to muck around with my bits

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 7th baby is 2 weeks tomorrow and i have an appointment this week with my GP to request a referral for a tubal ligation. I have no idea how long it will take, hopefully not to long. Hopefully someone can give you some info in regards to how soon you can have the surgery.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by crazybaby View Post
    My 7th baby is 2 weeks tomorrow and i have an appointment this week with my GP to request a referral for a tubal ligation. I have no idea how long it will take, hopefully not to long. Hopefully someone can give you some info in regards to how soon you can have the surgery.
    Hopefully it's quicker than me. I will be waiting up to a year before I even get seen for my consult! Then who knows how long for the actual surgery.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SheWarrior View Post
    Hopefully it's quicker than me. I will be waiting up to a year before I even get seen for my consult! Then who knows how long for the actual surgery.
    That's a long time to wait. I will have to be very careful i don't fall pregnant while I'm waiting for my consult. What state are you in? I'm in qld about an hour south of Brisbane, so I'll probably get referred to Logan hospital.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by crazybaby View Post
    That's a long time to wait. I will have to be very careful i don't fall pregnant while I'm waiting for my consult. What state are you in? I'm in qld about an hour south of Brisbane, so I'll probably get referred to Logan hospital.
    Qld too. But a large regional area. I did fall pregnant while waiting, currently 7 weeks weeks. And while using the pill. My gp said make sure I tell them that too as they bumped me from a cat 2 (seen within 90 days) on my referral to a cat 3 (seen within 365 days).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does anyone know how long you have to wait for the surgery once you have been for your consultation? I received a letter in the mail two weeks after my gp referred me to say they had received my referral and that i was a catagory 3 which is 365 days. Then a couple of weeks later the hospital contacted me to make an appointment for my consultation which is in January.