+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SheWarrior View Post
    It definitely takes dedication. In saying that, when I did STEPS (bridging program) I was on campus and actually found it harder than doing it online at home. I was always stressed trying to get kids to school, run the household (hubby worked away when I first started) and do everything plus go to lectures on campus. I found online took a lot of the pressure off and the online lectures and tutorials seemed to be easier to absorb. Personal preference I guess.

Yes I will be going on to do midwifery, cqu offers it as a post-grad course for RNs as an online based course. I've already had a job offer at the local birth centre, which is my dream job so it's definitely helping my motivation!

I don't know about other unis, but we have heaps of facebook and Uni website based groups that you can score textbooks and resources secondhand for cheap, there are also scholarships that help with the costs of books etc. And websites like booktopia offer afterpay and some also have zippay so you can pay them off. And you don't need to buy every book at once either. It's recommended to us we wait until 2 weeks before the term starts to by the books we need for that term as the editions often change. The Uni library should also have copies you can source either in hard copy or as electronic resources too.
    Yes I’ve been looking at booktopia but did manage to get 3 books that are needed and two shirts for $80, which was a bargain. They don’t seem to have the ones that are required for my course.
    How long do you have left of your course given the time off that you’ll have? That sounds really awesome I’m sure that you’ll make an awesome midwife.
    Local birth centre have ‘normal’ hours? Nothing like motivation.
    I want to show my children that it doesn’t matter how old you’re you can always study and further a career or change careers. I don’t want to be just a worker.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Emma1217 View Post
    What is the difference between academic writing and essays? I try to be a high achiever, as I’ve previously studied a bachelor and received HD, D. But if I don’t put as much effort in then I’ll get C, so it all reflects on my marks. Good luck for Monday, I hope you get the position that you want and stand out above all others. enjoy next year Thank you.
    Both are written assignments but with an essay u have to follow the intro - body - conclusion structure. With the others you don't (so might be a case study, report etc)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yes I’ve been looking at booktopia but did manage to get 3 books that are needed and two shirts for $80, which was a bargain. They don’t seem to have the ones that are required for my course.
    How long do you have left of your course given the time off that you’ll have? That sounds really awesome I’m sure that you’ll make an awesome midwife.
    Local birth centre have ‘normal’ hours? Nothing like motivation.
    I want to show my children that it doesn’t matter how old you’re you can always study and further a career or change careers. I don’t want to be just a worker.
    There's a few other sites that offer afterpay and zippay, I will find out what they are and let you know. $80 is definitely a bargain! Just remember that the editions may change so try not to buy them too far in advance.

I'm only taking the second half of next year off, so all going well, it should only add an extra term (3 months, 6 months at most) to my course length.

The birth centre has midwives there from 8 or 9am until 4pm, but then on call for your clients outside of those hours. Each midwife and her 'backup' midwife is assigned a certain number of women each month.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by L.j View Post
    Both are written assignments but with an essay u have to follow the intro - body - conclusion structure. With the others you don't (so might be a case study, report etc)
    That would be awesome, I can do that

Thanks
    Reviews
    There's a few other sites that offer afterpay and zippay, I will find out what they are and let you know. $80 is definitely a bargain! Just remember that the editions may change so try not to buy them too far in advance.

I'm only taking the second half of next year off, so all going well, it should only add an extra term (3 months, 6 months at most) to my course length.

The birth centre has midwives there from 8 or 9am until 4pm, but then on call for your clients outside of those hours. Each midwife and her 'backup' midwife is assigned a certain number of women each month.
    That sounds perfect hours. These are 11th edition. Which is fine I doubled checked at the orientation. That’s not bad extension of the course. Thank you that would be great I have been looking for websites but nothing that has the books lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    That sounds perfect hours. These are 11th edition. Which is fine I doubled checked at the orientation. That’s not bad extension of the course. Thank you that would be great I have been looking for websites but nothing that has the books lol
    One good website is https://www.jekkle.com.au/

Thanks
    Reviews
    One good website is https://www.jekkle.com.au/
    Thank you, I’ll have a look.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like you have done your homework already And good luck with your test.

It can definitely be done. I guess it depends how you manage study too and what kind of marks you expect. I'm a high achiever and sometime I wish I wasn't as it adds to the stress of study. I find myself doing a lot more study at home than I thought I would as for me there's a lot of assignments. I've only had 2 essays (thankfully - I hate them too) but loads of academic writing assignments. Good luck. If you really want to do it go for it. I've loved it and the only regret I have is the added stress it's placed DH and I in but we both know it will be worth it in the end. I actually find out on Monday if I have secured a New Graduate RN position for next year (it's super competitive where I live so fingers crossed)
    Hey was suppose to ask yesterday...
    Did you secure a new graduate RN position?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Emma
    Yes!!!!!! I'm very happy. Got a first round offer and my first choice !
    Thanks for asking

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Emma
    Yes!!!!!! I'm very happy. Got a first round offer and my first choice !
    Thanks for asking
    That’s ok, congratulations I’m happy for you.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Emma1217 For This Useful Post:

L.j  (23-10-2018)