+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Does it feel like everyone is pregnant around you atm?

All I've been hearing is one pregnancy announcement after the other and pregnant women everywhere.

I am not the envious type but I do worry it'll never happen for us.

And then there's times where I hope it will happen for us as look at how many pregnant women are around.

Starting with my 5th round of IVF on Monday.
    Last edited by Giota78; 17-10-2018 at 12:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Totally understand your feeling and where you stand. When I got pregnant the first time in my life and lost it, I felt like I couldn't live my life anymore. I came to the point that I was depressed to see pregnant women and prams. I hated going to the park and catching up with friends who have kids. I was jealous of super fertile friends who fell pregnant the first try or not even try.

Finally, I fulfilled my dream on the third transfer. However, I didn't enjoy my pregnancy until 30 weeks. I went private and I had numerous scans to ensure everything was ok. I didn't buy any baby stuff until 30 weeks since I was scare to jinx myself. It has been 3 year of waiting to have my own baby. Along the way, I think it would never ever happen to us and start accepting the fact that we might be childless. But don't give up, it happened to me at 36 and my baby is now 2 years old. Good luck with your new cycle. Hope it is your cycle!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Legally Brown For This Useful Post:

Giota78 (24-10-2018),RubyT78 (20-03-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I understand completely. Everywhere I look there is pregnant women, friends getting pregnant, celebrity babies - its everywhere.

Even my husband has started noticing - every show he puts on has a baby in it at the moment and its getting him down.

What helps me, particularly seeing pregnant strangers, is that I don’t know her story. She could have tried for years and years. She could have been me once upon a time. And knowing that even for a perfectly healthy, normal, no issues couple the chances each month are so slim anyway - I’m constantly amazing at how the human race has survived this long! Switching up my mindset has really helped me feel more positive and I don’t get as depressed when I’m surrounded by it. I still have my bad days, but they’re not as often. And I’m the most pessimistic person around - when good things start happening for me I’m not just looking the gift horse in the mouth, I’m doing a full work up and body scans as I can’t believe anything good can happen to me.

We start our first IVF round next cycle (hopefully 2 weeks), after 2 failed IUI’s and trying for 5 years.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pcos30 For This Useful Post:

FayBelle (24-10-2018),Giota78 (24-10-2018),RubyT78 (20-03-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, and I'm feeling particularly sensitive about this at the moment as friend is due to give birth next week and she started trying a year after us and we aren't even going to transfer until next year (at probably the earliest). I am so happy for her, it just sucks for us.

I too think about what their story could be - as 1 in 6 couples will struggle with infertility - so that stranger could be one of them. Unfortunately, none of my friends fall into this category, most got PG on their first or second month of trying so they don't really get it, which makes this journey harder. So yes, feeling your pain

7. The Following User Says Thank You to aweb031 For This Useful Post:

Giota78 (24-10-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Legally Brown View Post
    Finally, I fulfilled my dream on the third transfer. However, I didn't enjoy my pregnancy until 30 weeks. I went private and I had numerous scans to ensure everything was ok. I didn't buy any baby stuff until 30 weeks since I was scare to jinx myself. It has been 3 year of waiting to have my own baby. Along the way, I think it would never ever happen to us and start accepting the fact that we might be childless. But don't give up, it happened to me at 36 and my baby is now 2 years old. Good luck with your new cycle. Hope it is your cycle!
    Thank you so much We've had some crappy experience with IVF clinics so we are hoping this round is finally the one. I know it'll happen for us, I just hope it's soon.

I can certainly understand your fears, I think I'd be the same.

So glad you have your little one in your life.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pcos30 View Post
    I understand completely. Everywhere I look there is pregnant women, friends getting pregnant, celebrity babies - its everywhere.

Even my husband has started noticing - every show he puts on has a baby in it at the moment and its getting him down.

What helps me, particularly seeing pregnant strangers, is that I don’t know her story. She could have tried for years and years. She could have been me once upon a time. And knowing that even for a perfectly healthy, normal, no issues couple the chances each month are so slim anyway - I’m constantly amazing at how the human race has survived this long! Switching up my mindset has really helped me feel more positive and I don’t get as depressed when I’m surrounded by it. I still have my bad days, but they’re not as often. And I’m the most pessimistic person around - when good things start happening for me I’m not just looking the gift horse in the mouth, I’m doing a full work up and body scans as I can’t believe anything good can happen to me.
    We start our first IVF round next cycle (hopefully 2 weeks), after 2 failed IUI’s and trying for 5 years.
    Good luck with your first IVF cycle. I hope it's the one for you, you and everyone here deserves it so much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by aweb031 View Post
    Yes, and I'm feeling particularly sensitive about this at the moment as friend is due to give birth next week and she started trying a year after us and we aren't even going to transfer until next year (at probably the earliest). I am so happy for her, it just sucks for us.

I too think about what their story could be - as 1 in 6 couples will struggle with infertility - so that stranger could be one of them. Unfortunately, none of my friends fall into this category, most got PG on their first or second month of trying so they don't really get it, which makes this journey harder. So yes, feeling your pain
    The odds really do suck don't they? I'm sorry you are feeling so isolated in this. I hope that this group brings some relief and the feeling that you are not alone in all of this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello I’m new on here. Yes I completely agree. Yesterday my younger brother and sister in law called me to tell me that they are 12 weeks pregnant. I’m very happy for them however I’m very sad for me. I haven’t been able to stop crying. We’ve done 2 rounds of ivf and FS has told us to look at donor eggs. We’re not doing anything at the moment. Hoping to go overseas to do Donor eggs there. Even knowing this still makes me cry. Hubby doesn’t understand why I’m so upset. He doesn’t get that my heart still hurts

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes!! Even watching The Block you get a pregnancy announcement! It’s like nothing is safe!

R

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tinks21 big hugs hon xx I just had my last own egg transfer and if his one doesn’t take I’m heading overseas for donor egg. It takes a long time to get your head around it all. That is normal. Take the time you need to heal xx

R

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Risa78 For This Useful Post:

Tinks21 (31-10-2018)