+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ubrmthr View Post
    @Ves thank you so much for getting back to me... I've been licking my wounds a bit since DH backed away from DE IVF as an option for us (he always needs a bit of time to come around to these things). Wow that is quite a lot! Was that $19K for just one cycle or was that a 'three cycle package' type deal? The quotes I've had so far have been around $8K (AUD).

I'm going to keep planning for it. I've contacted IVF Spain and some other clinics. It is hard to do consults without DH though.
    @ubrmthr

We went with the top package that had all the bells and whistles … so to speak!

When you are offered the packages that appear to be at a bargain price, be aware of the finer details such as - is this egg sharing? Do they offer you an assurance of min number of eggs fertilised? Do they complete PGS on each egg and / or do they charge through the roof for PGS per embryo? Do they offer you a free cycle (or two!) if you get no eggs fertilised the first cycle? Are they obligated by law to match your donor to you - meaning; the donor looks very similar to you?

I could go on and on but these questions would really need to come from you and your partner as they're really personally specific to your needs.

I'm so sorry to hear your DH has backed away from using a donor egg .... my husband was the same but after a few more years of failed IVF, he come around eventually!

It's a good thing you're collecting all the information in the mean time and you're able to get answers to questions you know you both have. I was the same as you at some stage or another and it's difficult to know whether to keep going or not but you'd know your husband and how he is, sounds like he might come around because you're still looking

I would recommend considering what your needs and wants are prior to obtaining the information, as this way you'll be able to do a tick and flick through the criteria each clinic sends you and you'll know almost immediately if they're worth obtaining further information or having a skype meeting with. Or better yet - 'the one'.

x

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ves For This Useful Post:

ubrmthr (10-03-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much @Ves

I'm currently looking at a clinic in Spain that has a 'special program' for women 50-56 (Manzanera IVF). I am yet to find any detailed reviews though.

Yes, there seem to be a lot of additional costs involved. I'm not keen on PGS having gone through that process during IVF four years ago, but I am interested in the endometrial receptivity assessment I've seen at a few clinics. Is that something you opted for?

I've been gently working on DH, starting with discussions around epigenetics. Meanwhile getting as ready as I can. Our 3 year old has been asking when we will 'have our baby' and I'm pretty sure that works in my favour with him as he doesn't like to disappoint her!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ubrmthr For This Useful Post:

RubyT78 (13-05-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @RubyT78 this is the spain thread, got your pm and wrote a reply but bubhub went all silly and stopped working deleted my message before I could send it. Will write it again soon. :-)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

RubyT78 (29-04-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgeousgeorge View Post
    @RubyT78 this is the spain thread, got your pm and wrote a reply but bubhub went all silly and stopped working deleted my message before I could send it. Will write it again soon. :-)
    How awesome are u xxxx
    Thanks a mill @Goregousgeorge!
    I’ve got some catching up to do

8. The Following User Says Thank You to RubyT78 For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge (02-05-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Unicorn78 View Post
    @Ves Thank you so much for taking the time to provide all that information. I did mean PGS, not PGD sorry. That package sounds good. It must be lovely to have a record of your precious son's first cell division too! I've sent off an email to IVF Spain so fingers crossed they get back to me soon so I can working on my fall back plan Thanks again!
    Hello Unicorn!

Did you end up going to Spain? And if so which clinic?

x