+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default What exercise do you do?

I’m after some ideas/inspiration. After my second baby I was diagnosed with a mild prolapse. I saw a Physio who was confident it would get better and it has to a certain degree but I’m starting to fear it won’t go away completely. Before this Bub I was a keen runner and did weight training which I loved. I’ve found it extremely hard to accept I might not be able to do these things anymore but I’m starting to accept this is my reality.
    Anyway, I’m wondering what exercise you regularly do and how often? I love cardio for mental relaxation and also have to find ways to tone this flabby post baby body without weights .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The only exercise I do consistently is run my mouth.

Jokes aside, the treadmill is my friend. It's accessible, can be used as soon as bub goes to sleep, and in any weather. The convenience factor is more important than the novelty right now.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MissTwiggley For This Useful Post:

Willowglen  (10-10-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love the cross trainer! No hard impact and a great workout. I even step off and just use the arms for a while on a higher resistance to tone back and shoulders.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Belindalee For This Useful Post:

Willowglen  (10-10-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MissTwiggley View Post
    The only exercise I do consistently is run my mouth.

Jokes aside, the treadmill is my friend. It's accessible, can be used as soon as bub goes to sleep, and in any weather. The convenience factor is more important than the novelty right now.
    Do you walk, run or do intervals? I have a treadmill from my running days but haven’t used it much because I hate that I can’t run on it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Willowglen View Post
    Do you walk, run or do intervals? I have a treadmill from my running days but haven’t used it much because I hate that I can’t run on it.
    Mostly walk at 5kmph with a good incline, but sometimes intervals. I can't really run as I have bad knees. I've found that playing dance music helps keep it all a bit fresh and upbeat. I'm not sure if that would help?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm a big walker and have always walked long distance at least a few times a week. I've religiously done squats, light weights and crunches for many years. For the past 8 weeks hubby and I have been on a fitness regime doing high intensity training which alternates between jogging, sprinting and walking for 30mins and we've been walking 3kms and doing the beep test and swimming. So we've been alternating between HIT, walking, swimming, beep test through the week and having the weekends off. We have both toned considerably, hubby has lost 6kgs and I've lost 4kgs, not that either of us intended to or needed to lose weight but running will do that. We both feel great and have had positive feedback on how good we both look from friends, we've encouraged 2 of our friends to join us which has been fun. We are conscious of getting older and wanted to get fitter and maintain that fitness plus hubby's new career means he needs to be fitter so we are going to keep it up definitely.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love walking and try to walk every day. I also pole dance for fitness. I absolutely love pole x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nowhere near enough. I can’t find anything that I don’t hate doing. That whole “do it long enough and you’ll grow to love it” thing doesn’t apply to me. I used to walk a fair distance every day. Did it for well over a year. And every single day, I hated it. I hated the lead up to going, I hated doing it, and I was relieved when I was done. Eventually I found excuses not to go and now I’m fat. I have an elliptical/cross trainer in my garage that I hate using. A bike I hate riding. I gave up looking for something that I enjoy and I’m happy to settle for not hating. It sucks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use videos from Instagram I hate exercising like you @Ahalfdozen but finally found some I enjoy. Using the lounge to help with some different ones, no need for equipment. It’s making a difference