+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Prenatal classes

Are prenatal classes essential to attend? Im going to be a first time mum but feel you can get most info from the net these days. Im having a c-section so the birthing part won’t really apply to me
    Love to hear your thoughts

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn’t do any and had a great experience before, after and during birth and pregnancy. I found my midwife the most valuable investment xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, you can get a lot of info from the internet. Some places run classes that just focus on caesarean sections. Little extra tips and tricks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You’d still be best to attend even though you’ve said your are having a c-sec. You’ll tour the ward/rooms/nursery so you’ll get an idea of the layout etc rather then just rocking up and not have any idea. Check with your birthing hospital as when they run the classes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    looking back at mine, 90% of the content is about the birth/delivery. as i ended up with an emergency cs, it basically was a waste of time.

i would go if it’s convenient or you really want to. if you can’t be bothered or it’s too hard to get to, skip it. i don’t believe there’s much info of value, esp if having a scheduled cs, to bother putting yourself out over.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I did a post birth care type course- learning about swaddling, nappies, routines, feeding cycles etc. It was helpful as I'd never changed a nappy before that, and didn't really know much about swaddling or feeding cycles etc.
    Having said that, you learn all that pretty quickly once bubs comes along, and the midwives at the hospital will be able to tell you the same info, so if you can't get to the classes or don't want to pay for them (hello, private hospitals), then I wouldn't bother.
    I found some good videos on line about post CS care, like how to get out of bed etc.