+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I did want a third when DD2 was around 2.. DH was adamant there was to be no more.. I came to terms with that but now that DD2 is nearing 4 he wants another... it’s a point of contention with us bc I fully came to terms with it and now don’t want another!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Renn View Post
    I’d kind of like a third, but it won’t happen. DH has the snip when our youngest was a bub - he was well and truly done.

Our youngest is 3, and I’m starting to get a bit clucky. I do love being able to hand back other people’s babies though...and am THRILLED not to have to change nappies.

I think it will be harder for me once my friends start having babies (we were the first with kids), but I’m hoping the desire for a third will disappear gradually.
    I also think that you'll be able to help your friends more in practical ways since your kids will be older. I'm sometimes disappointed my sisters aren't having babies at the same time as me but then I think, at least when they do I can babysit, do an overnight shift for them, even just drop off coffee and hold the baby since my kids will prob be at school, more independent etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

LoveMyWay (01-10-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DH was done 100% and we argued so much about it. I was grieving the loss of the child I was desperate for. I just knew I wasn't done and I could never shake that feeling. I kept every single baby thing and it's all in our storage shed out the back. At Christmastime I was battling with the cot and change table to get the Christmas tree out from under them and I just sat there bawling for a good hour. DH came home and I think he realised then that it was never going to be okay for me. We are now 7 weeks with #3. It's not been the easiest thing. I carry a lot of guilt for putting DH in that position but I couldn't help my feelings and I know it would never have gone away. I will be forever grateful to him for putting his own feelings aside for me.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emzluvbub For This Useful Post:

InvisibleWoman (07-10-2018),Sevven (02-10-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    OP just wondering what you decided to do? We are in the same predicament. Everything tells me we shouldn’t have another except for every second day or so I consider it 🤣