+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fi Poledancer View Post
    Perhaps she's ready to drop down to 2 x proper naps and 1 x cat nap each day (3 altogether)?
    Good point. I missed that part....my kids were down to 2 naps a day at 5 months, so I would definitely consider dropping to three naps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    4 naps a day is a lot for a 5 month. Ds2 at that age was having 2 good naps and 1 light nap which was their first after getting up in the morning. I’d be reducing the sleep time during the day to extend her at night. I can only wish my dd would sleep that much. At not quite 6 weeks they have been up since 9 am with my a max of 30mins sleep all day and it’s 230pm now

3. The Following User Says Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

Mum-I-Am (17-09-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I listened to a fantastic podcast the other day by Dr Sam Manger and Dr Pam Douglas where they discussed that babies actually need more stimulation than we realise, and sometimes difficulty putting them down for a nap is because they aren’t tired, but actually need stimulation (and parents are putting them in a dimly lit, quiet room right when they are seeking sensory input). Especially if your Bub is sleeping through the night, perhaps some more activities during the day could help? I suppose dropping a nap would have this effect also.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chooksmum For This Useful Post:

BornToBe (18-09-2018),MissTwiggley (17-09-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chooksmum View Post
    I listened to a fantastic podcast the other day by Dr Sam Manger and Dr Pam Douglas where they discussed that babies actually need more stimulation than we realise, and sometimes difficulty putting them down for a nap is because they aren’t tired, but actually need stimulation (and parents are putting them in a dimly lit, quiet room right when they are seeking sensory input). Especially if your Bub is sleeping through the night, perhaps some more activities during the day could help? I suppose dropping a nap would have this effect also.
    Do you have a link to the podcast?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks all

She naps 3 times per day + goes to sleep once at night = 4 sleeps.

I’m not looking for a desired outcome, just to understand. Happy to give her whatever she needs where sustainable.

The problem with rocking is it often didn’t work and if it did she would only sleep in our arms so not desirable if avoidable

Certainly some useful things to consider here though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by chooksmum View Post
    I would agree with that. From a very young age babies love to see what is going on around them, not by being the centre of attention all the time (i.e. "playtime") but more the situation of being propped up to watch normal household activity, or travelling around in a baby carrier. My younger children have been much better sleepers and it's probably because older sibbies help so much to stimulate them during the day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MissTwiggley View Post
    Do you have a link to the podcast?
    I can’t post the link, but it’s at “The GP Show” website