+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Coffee and decaf

Hi ladies,

I don't drink or smoke. Two coffees a day is my thing- one instant and one purchased.

I am giving up coffee as of today before my first ivf cycle and was thinking of switching to decaf as I love the flavour of lattes from the cafe however reading that it still isn't good as it's acidic.

What about English breakfast tea? I know tea has caffeine but isn't acidic?

And dairy products?

So many myths or facts online

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had health issues inc a miscarriage relating to fatigue and adrenal problems, and gave up all caffeine during that time (yes, even chocolate!). It was hard but very good for healing and after a while I have been able to include an organic decaf coffee in my daily diet again, and love it. Once you've detoxed, decaf is just as enjoyable. Organic is preferred due to the natural technique of caffeine extraction (swiss water technique). Mainstream dairy products are certainly a contentious issue due to potential contamination and personally I stick to organic which is rare at a cafe, so maybe look at long blacks for a while or stick to your home coffee which you can buy higher quality products for.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BornToBe For This Useful Post:

PrayandHope (15-09-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I gave up everything to while trying to conceive DS through Ivf.
    Rooibos tea is delicious and naturally had no caffeine. Also I drink a coffee alternative, they have it in Woolworth's, it's taste a little like coffee and I actually really like it now I'm used to it, even my hubby drinks it sometimes.
    If you don't want to have dairy, which I did for a while I made my bow almond milk which was delicious, not like those super sweet brought ones. Easy to make, just google it.
    All the best with trying to conceive, it's a rollercoaster but don't give up, it's worth every tear. 😘

5. The Following User Says Thank You to McyD18 For This Useful Post:

PrayandHope (15-09-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i also reduced my coffees from 6 shots a day down to 1 and had decaf also. also reduced sugar and eliminated alcohol and started juicing veg and fruit and strictly followed my acupuncturists advice. 3rd round worked for this belly bub after that

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkPopsicle For This Useful Post:

PrayandHope (15-09-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    i only have one (large) coffee in the morning and am not giving that up unless i have to. bad enough i can’t drink wine, coffee would be the final straw!!!

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

PrayandHope (15-09-2018),Reneeharry (11-09-2018),rosey82 (11-09-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I went decaf for my first IVF cycle, then as the fertility treatments dragged on I decided I was just going to live my life (within reason) and if a nice coffee every morning makes me happy then so be it. I continued having 1-2 coffees a day through all of my IVF and 2 pregnancies and breastfeeding.
    What I’m trying to say is yes you probably want to do everything you can to have a successful IVF cycle and I hope you are lucky enough to have success the first time, but the reality is most people take more than 1 cycle to get their precious baby and being “perfect” for so long is very draining. I found an everything in moderation approach was much better for me physically and mentally.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rosey82 For This Useful Post:

PrayandHope (15-09-2018),TimewillTell (11-09-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rosey82 View Post
    I went decaf for my first IVF cycle, then as the fertility treatments dragged on I decided I was just going to live my life (within reason) and if a nice coffee every morning makes me happy then so be it. I continued having 1-2 coffees a day through all of my IVF and 2 pregnancies and breastfeeding.
    What I’m trying to say is yes you probably want to do everything you can to have a successful IVF cycle and I hope you are lucky enough to have success the first time, but the reality is most people take more than 1 cycle to get their precious baby and being “perfect” for so long is very draining. I found an everything in moderation approach was much better for me physically and mentally.
    Amen to this !
    This was exactly my approach and mentality !

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TimewillTell For This Useful Post:

PrayandHope (15-09-2018),rosey82 (11-09-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you everyone for all your advice. It is difficult to be 'perfect' and so much pressure from the medicals. I am doing everything I can but truly enjoy my morning flat white. And thank you for the organic tip. I might end up taking my own milk to my barista. Luckily where I am there are organic cafes:-) I actually hate what happens to cows in dairy farms but almond milk and say milk aren't an option. I like lactose free milk but unsure if this comes in organic. Can't do everything! Some articles said decaf is still bad while ttc as pregnant. Good idea re. Rooibus tea I like that tea xx