+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Education as sahm

Just realised this might be a better place to put this!

I am a stay at home mum of a one year old and I want to upskill , I have a yr 11 pass and a cert 3

I've been accepted into a bachelor of fine arts and internet communications through open University

Previously I was studying through open colleges but my diploma was superseded and my teachers were non existent

Before I accept the offer into open university (scared of accepting due to experience with open colleges) I was wondering if there are any other options? Other courses? Other universities? Other education online?at this stage I'm willing to try anything as long as I can stay with bubba

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Education as sahm

I’ve studied through open university before, and I found that you actually get a lot more support if you enrol directly with the provider. I’d approach the university that is offering your course through open and see if direct enrolment is an option.

Hope that helps!
    Last edited by Shoopuf; 06-09-2018 at 16:18.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I struggled with Open University, not much support from them on the enrolment side and the uni’s themselves didn’t seem to devote many resources. When I tried to talk to the uni I’d be referred back to Open, they’d wash their hands of it as I wasn’t enrolled direct.

I also found that for my course it was made up of units from multiple universities. I don’t think they do that now, but it was frustrating.

A friend of mine is nearly done with their degree and they started through open, but then switched to being direct through the uni and found it so much better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Is open university basically the course offered via distance/off campus study?

If so, I did my diploma via distance ed... i just looked for the uni closest to me to offer the course i wanted via distance/off campus and applied direct to the uni/TAFE. This was like 15 years ago though so things probably have changed. I already had a certificate 3 and 4 though...