+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a horrible first wedding so I will definitely want to do a 10 year renewal, with the wedding I wanted.

Do what you both want.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi shewarrior, i am thinking if you really want to do it just go ahead and do it. Perhaps if you want to test people out, just start casually talking about it with your friends, and see the reaction. Don't let anyone change your mind, but you might get some different ideas from them. Another opition might be, a family holiday to say Fiji, and have a vow renewal while you are there. marie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGranny View Post
    Hi shewarrior, i am thinking if you really want to do it just go ahead and do it. Perhaps if you want to test people out, just start casually talking about it with your friends, and see the reaction. Don't let anyone change your mind, but you might get some different ideas from them. Another opition might be, a family holiday to say Fiji, and have a vow renewal while you are there. marie
    We have talked about it a lot with friends- majority of our close friends (the people we would want there) feel the same as we do and themselves planning on doing it later on, so it’s not an issue there. And any family/friends who don’t agree or don’t want to go- for any reason- we totally understand and accept that too. There will be no pressure to attend. We wouldn’t do the family holiday thing though, partly because it’s not our ‘thing’ (we don’t really do holidays) and partly because it would mean the people we want to celebrate with wouldn’t be able to be there. Aside from his mum, step dad and siblings, dh had no family at our first wedding so it would be nice if his uncle, Aunty and cousins could make it too, they couldn’t make it to our first one. His family might outnumber mine for a change

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

SuperGranny  (13-08-2018)

hakuna matata is online now The artist formerly know as babyhopeful
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I totally want to do it for our 10th in a little over 2 years. Not sure if we will do a backyard thing, or go somewhere overseas with just the kids. I’m leaning towards backyard, as our wedding was in Hamilton island with only 30 guests

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by hakuna matata View Post
    I totally want to do it for our 10th in a little over 2 years. Not sure if we will do a backyard thing, or go somewhere overseas with just the kids. I’m leaning towards backyard, as our wedding was in Hamilton island with only 30 guests
    Lovely! We were married at Coral Sea Resort in Airlie Beach. Stunning location and couldn’t fault the resort at all, it was amazing, but so much more formal than what we were comfortable with. This time we are thinking a more relaxed, rustic country theme in a nice paddock somewhere, with a party afterwards in a big barn or something. No formal tables, people can just relax and mingle and dance, have som yummy finger food and a few drinks and enjoy the company.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

hakuna matata  (13-08-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My husband and i are renewing our vows next month on our 20th anniversary.

It will be in our back yard, we have a photographer, everyone is bringing a plate of food to share, BYO alcohol and we anticipate loads of fun. The vows are almost the same just relating to the 20 year journey.

We've never been to a vow renewal before, so this is all new to us and we are quite excited

I hope yours is amazing!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Trudy For This Useful Post:

SheWarrior  (13-08-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DH & I have talked about this & we’re thinking of maybe doing it next year for our 10yr wedding anniversary. We would probably do it in Bali if we did as we will be there around that time & it would probably be just us & DD. Go for it I say

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MissMooMumma For This Useful Post:

SheWarrior  (13-08-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Vow renewal

Quote Originally Posted by Trudy View Post
    My husband and i are renewing our vows next month on our 20th anniversary.

It will be in our back yard, we have a photographer, everyone is bringing a plate of food to share, BYO alcohol and we anticipate loads of fun. The vows are almost the same just relating to the 20 year journey.

We've never been to a vow renewal before, so this is all new to us and we are quite excited

I hope yours is amazing!
    I hope it’s an amazing day for you both x We have never been to one either so I’ve been scouring wedding forums