+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Getting back into shape help! Which lifestyle/fitness program do you recommend?

Michelle Bridges if you want an all round program.

It offers gym, outdoor or at home work outs. It’s easy to follow and you can make your own meal plan up.

ETA - it also creates shopping lists from your meal plan
    Last edited by BigRedV; 03-08-2018 at 11:55.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Phia (03-08-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Phia View Post
    @misho and @whiteroses I’ll have a look-I don’t know much about Kim Beach.
    It's such a great program, and there are countless women in the online support group who have lost 10kg in 8 weeks. Good luck

4. The Following User Says Thank You to whiteroses For This Useful Post:

Phia (03-08-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If you are breastfeeding, I would suggest holding off on dieting for now - you will need to keep yourself well nourished so the baby doesn't deplete your nutrients. ie your breastmilk will always be fine, you need to eat well to keep yourself healthy.

In terms of exercise, I found walking worked for me in the early days post partum. I wasn't up for much else. I did join a gym when my youngest was a bit older - 12 months? and got into cardio and weight bearing exercise then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Getting back into shape help! Which lifestyle/fitness program do you recommend?

Can’t recommend Healthy Mummy enough! Best thing I ever did. And breastfeeding friendly. It’s realistic, it doesn’t mean giving up any foods, and you can completely customise it to suit you. And the support is phenomenal

Wouldn’t go near Michelle Bridges again with a 10 foot pole.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey @Phia, I haven’t started yet but I am going to try the Kelsey Wells post pregnancy program. You can access it through the Kayla Itsines sweat app. I just signed up for a year for $120 or you can pay $20 a month. There are 4 beginner weeks that you can do before starting week 1 of the program in order to ease your way into it. I will be starting the first beginner week next week. Would love to have an online workout buddy if you are keen??? Oh and I am vegan and the app has lots of yummy vegetarian and vegan recipes too.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ShannyAnny For This Useful Post:

Phia (05-08-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SSecret Squirrel View Post
    If you are breastfeeding, I would suggest holding off on dieting for now - you will need to keep yourself well nourished so the baby doesn't deplete your nutrients. ie your breastmilk will always be fine, you need to eat well to keep yourself healthy.

In terms of exercise, I found walking worked for me in the early days post partum. I wasn't up for much else. I did join a gym when my youngest was a bit older - 12 months? and got into cardio and weight bearing exercise then.
    I’ve got a crap supply - does dieting make it worse?

I am really self conscious at the moment. This is my last baby and the past three years of hard core immune drugs and IVF has meant that I had no chance of losing the weight from my first pregnancy.... I was barely able to get below 70kgs.

Im only 164cms.
    I’m your traditional pear shape -
    Small boobs,
    fat thighs. Big bum.

I’m 85ish kgs now,
    Before my 2nd pregnancy I was 70kgs
    Before my 1st pregnancy I was 60 on a bad day....57kgs was my comfortable consistent weight. I don’t expect to get back to that...

I finally feel like I can invest in something - some kind of program because I won’t be sabotaging myself with the anxiety and depression that fertility journeys can bring, let alone the side effects from all the drugs/hormones.

Would love to hear how you and others lost the weight and what you think was the one thing that made the difference! TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I follow a few “fit mums” on Instagram. Most of them do short workouts from home, I save their videos then either do them at home or in they gym. I find then quite inspirational as a few of them I have been following before/during/after their pregnancies so you can see how far they have come on their own journeys.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Pumpkin1106 For This Useful Post:

Phia (04-08-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Phia View Post
    I’ve got a crap supply - does dieting make it worse?
    I don't know.

You may find these links useful:
    https://kellymom.com/nutrition/mothe...om-weightloss/
    https://www.breastfeeding.asn.au/bf-...%80%93mum/diet

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SSecret Squirrel For This Useful Post:

Phia (04-08-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @SSecret Squirrel!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Phia For This Useful Post:

SSecret Squirrel (04-08-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ShannyAnny View Post
    Hey @Phia, I haven’t started yet but I am going to try the Kelsey Wells post pregnancy program. You can access it through the Kayla Itsines sweat app. I just signed up for a year for $120 or you can pay $20 a month. There are 4 beginner weeks that you can do before starting week 1 of the program in order to ease your way into it. I will be starting the first beginner week next week. Would love to have an online workout buddy if you are keen??? Oh and I am vegan and the app has lots of yummy vegetarian and vegan recipes too.
    Thanks @ShannyAnny! I’ll check it out - not sure I can commit time wise as bubba is feeding every two and a half hours. Work out buddy sounds awesome xx