+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have combination, acne- prone skin with maybe a touch of rosacea (?). In any case, I really won the bad skin lotto.
    I only wash my face if I've been wearing make up as it otherwise causes break outs.
    I use:
    Cleanser -Dermalogica Special cleansing gel
    Toner- Lush Eau Roma water- has done wonders for my red cheeks
    Moisturiser- Lush Celestial
    Eye Cream - Rodan and Fields Redefine
    Mask- Sand and Sky. I actually love this and think its made a big difference.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ565 View Post
    I have combination, acne- prone skin with maybe a touch of rosacea (?). In any case, I really won the bad skin lotto.
    I only wash my face if I've been wearing make up as it otherwise causes break outs.
    I use:
    Cleanser -Dermalogica Special cleansing gel
    Toner- Lush Eau Roma water- has done wonders for my red cheeks
    Moisturiser- Lush Celestial
    Eye Cream - Rodan and Fields Redefine
    Mask- Sand and Sky. I actually love this and think its made a big difference.
    I have sensitive skin, mostly oily but dry patches thanks to rosacea and switched to Sukin sensitive moisturiser about 9 months ago (I only wash with water) and my skin is so good this winter. It usually does not cope with the cold. I've tried lots of products over the years but have found less is best with my sensitive skin and I'm happy to have found something pretty cheap that suits.

I do have some dry, flakiness around my nostrils and nose tip which I suspect is rosacea but it could just be from the sniffles. My mum used to have Nutrimetic's nutri rich oil which was great for a little dry patch. Does anyone use this or have something similar they'd recommend?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

SJ565 (21-07-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    I have sensitive skin, mostly oily but dry patches thanks to rosacea and switched to Sukin sensitive moisturiser about 9 months ago (I only wash with water) and my skin is so good this winter. It usually does not cope with the cold. I've tried lots of products over the years but have found less is best with my sensitive skin and I'm happy to have found something pretty cheap that suits.

I do have some dry, flakiness around my nostrils and nose tip which I suspect is rosacea but it could just be from the sniffles. My mum used to have Nutrimetic's nutri rich oil which was great for a little dry patch. Does anyone use this or have something similar they'd recommend?
    I used nutri rich oil way way back, too. I have similar issues with sporadic dryness, flakiness, redness in various patches on my face. I've recently (say for the past year) converted to all completely chemical-free, all natural skin products (even deodorant -- and I've surprisingly found one that actually works!) and I now swear by the Weleda range. Have you ever seen them? They are sold in some pharmacies, some health food stores, and online. The Skin Food is beautiful. It is great for putting on a patch of dry /itchy/red/sore skin. It smells yummy too. The other thing I've found to be about the only thing that has any effect on my red and flaky skin is the White Mallow face cream. Doesn't smell the best but it's my miracle cream now! Even for hormonal flakiness etc. I also use the Evening Primrose night cream and love it. I sound like I'm spruiking Weleda, but I am just so relieved to have finally found something that helps me that I thought I'd share the joy! Hope that helps.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to whiteroses For This Useful Post:

Stretched (21-07-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteroses View Post
    I used nutri rich oil way way back, too. I have similar issues with sporadic dryness, flakiness, redness in various patches on my face. I've recently (say for the past year) converted to all completely chemical-free, all natural skin products (even deodorant -- and I've surprisingly found one that actually works!) and I now swear by the Weleda range. Have you ever seen them? They are sold in some pharmacies, some health food stores, and online. The Skin Food is beautiful. It is great for putting on a patch of dry /itchy/red/sore skin. It smells yummy too. The other thing I've found to be about the only thing that has any effect on my red and flaky skin is the White Mallow face cream. Doesn't smell the best but it's my miracle cream now! Even for hormonal flakiness etc. I also use the Evening Primrose night cream and love it. I sound like I'm spruiking Weleda, but I am just so relieved to have finally found something that helps me that I thought I'd share the joy! Hope that helps.
    I absolutely appreciate the recommendation. I'm thrilled with the sensitive Sukin moisturiser as well and am an unpaid advert to anyone who asks! Lol

It's just very light and not oily at all, so while it's keeping my skin nice and calm it just doesn't cut it for an intensive treatment moisturiser.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    I absolutely appreciate the recommendation. I'm thrilled with the sensitive Sukin moisturiser as well and am an unpaid advert to anyone who asks! Lol

It's just very light and not oily at all, so while it's keeping my skin nice and calm it just doesn't cut it for an intensive treatment moisturiser.
    Yes, I have used sukin and quite liked it, but I now like weleda more. I've found it more intensive, but also beautifully gentle, if that makes sense. Everyone is different, though, so I guess the same thing doesn't work for everyone.

Are you familiar with the website nourished life? I stumbled on it a while ago. They have a wide range of natural products. The thing I like about it is that there lots of reviews of products from other users. They say they have free postage if you join. I've certainly bought some things from them and they have been good, but I've also found that I check out the reviews on their products and then go to my local health food store and see if the item is stocked bc it's usually a few $ less. But it's quite a useful tool for finding out about products that might work for you. That's where I found weleda. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    @whiteroses I ordered from Nourished Life for the first time this month, but their shipping times are really delayed because they have a backlog of orders after recently moving to a new warehouse. They have had a lot of complaints.

Their range is great though, so I will give them another chance once it seems they are shipping within normal time frames again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    @whiteroses I ordered from Nourished Life for the first time this month, but their shipping times are really delayed because they have a backlog of orders after recently moving to a new warehouse. They have had a lot of complaints.

Their range is great though, so I will give them another chance once it seems they are shipping within normal time frames again.
    Yes, I had the same experience recently. But I have used them for quite a while prior to their warehouse move and the shipping was ok. So I'd say it will improve once they're finished the move. I do think it's good to shop around prices a bit though, as their mark up on some things is considerable. Others not so much.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to whiteroses For This Useful Post:

Mod-Degrassi (22-07-2018)