+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Cruise Holiday with children

Looking for some advice/ people experiences whom have been on a cruise holiday with younger children say between 2-7 years old. Currently looking at doing a 7 day P and O cruise out from Brisbane and just wanted to hear from people who have done it before. Pros and cons please.
    Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Cruise Holiday with children

We went on a cruise 2.5 years ago when my youngest was 3. It was a great holiday for relaxing. Although we didn’t use the kids club that much, it was nice to drop the kids off and have an hour as a couple together. Also it was my birthday and our anniversary on our cruise so the kids club took the kids to dinner and we could enjoy our dinner together. I’d check if they take kids as young as 2 at the kids club before booking even if you only use it once it twice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have been on a cruise holiday every year since DD was 18 months old they are wonderful. Its the only way i/mum get a holiday, apart from spending time together everything is done for you it's wonderfully relaxing. We don't do kids club very often because I want to be with my children but the kids have fun if they go. You have to be three and toilet trained to go, you also can't go in the pools unless you're toilet trained as we'll no swim nappies are allowed.

Have a look into princess cruises we don't like p&o we find they have huge problems with heavy drinkers, lots of people smoking, tribes of children running around the ship unsupervised because parents are at the bar drunk. They food is also not great. Princess cost about the same and it does have a lot of older people on but the pool is usually empty and they are usually missing their own grandchildren so are lovely towards mine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieDE View Post
    We have been on a cruise holiday every year since DD was 18 months old they are wonderful. Its the only way i/mum get a holiday, apart from spending time together everything is done for you it's wonderfully relaxing. We don't do kids club very often because I want to be with my children but the kids have fun if they go. You have to be three and toilet trained to go, you also can't go in the pools unless you're toilet trained as we'll no swim nappies are allowed.

Have a look into princess cruises we don't like p&o we find they have huge problems with heavy drinkers, lots of people smoking, tribes of children running around the ship unsupervised because parents are at the bar drunk. They food is also not great. Princess cost about the same and it does have a lot of older people on but the pool is usually empty and they are usually missing their own grandchildren so are lovely towards mine.
    Oh no we’ve booked a p and o 13 nights from Singapore to Brisbane, hoping the demographics might be slightly different as it’s longer and more $$

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have done 13 cruises with another few booked. They really are great and my 2 kids love them. We have done both Princess and P and O. We really enjoy both!! Although my children are not that young so i can't help there.
    We went with Princess in the school holidays and there was alot of kids running about being little horrors on the ship so it does happen on any cruise ship. I think all cruise ships have these issues sometimes... depending of the time of the year. You also have some very grumpy older people on Princess
    I honestly enjoy P and O as much as Princess, yes the food can be nicer on Princess but i feel Princess is a little dearer than P and O. (comparing the same 7 day cruise).
    The staff really do dote on the young kids as they are normally missing their own children.
    Pacific Dawn is more of a party ship than any of the others but it is more fun for the kids with the water play area/slides etc.
    Oh and kids must be toilet trained to go in pools and into kids club

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SammiJane For This Useful Post:

KT82 (07-08-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Following.