+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Income Protection

Hi everyone

We need to organise income protection. Previously we have gotten as far as getting quotes and then when it comes to filling out all of the paperwork and answering 2000000 questions DH gets really overwhelmed and doesn't proceed. It's all stuff I can't do for him either (conversation with adviser, medical history of family etc). He is just no good with paperwork, phone calls, emails etc. and usually I do this for him but in this instance I can't.

I am wondering if anyone can recommend a company that has a really easy intake process. I need to make this as easy for him as possible. We don't need a bells-and-all policy, just a basic income protection policy. No other insurances needed.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions! Thank you.

ETA: Also I can't sit with him while he makes a phone call, we both have FT jobs and it's impossible for me to be with him during a phone call etc, I have tried to do this for 3 months but our calendars haven't aligned.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluerhino View Post
    Hi everyone

We need to organise income protection. Previously we have gotten as far as getting quotes and then when it comes to filling out all of the paperwork and answering 2000000 questions DH gets really overwhelmed and doesn't proceed. It's all stuff I can't do for him either (conversation with adviser, medical history of family etc). He is just no good with paperwork, phone calls, emails etc. and usually I do this for him but in this instance I can't.

I am wondering if anyone can recommend a company that has a really easy intake process. I need to make this as easy for him as possible. We don't need a bells-and-all policy, just a basic income protection policy. No other insurances needed.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions! Thank you.

ETA: Also I can't sit with him while he makes a phone call, we both have FT jobs and it's impossible for me to be with him during a phone call etc, I have tried to do this for 3 months but our calendars haven't aligned.
    Pretty much any policies worth anything will need to have medical/financial underwriting of some sort - so yes there are a lot of medical and financial questions.

Any 'no underwriting' and most direct products are quite rubbish.

Most pricing is similar- they generally are different due to what options you have. Have you seen a financial adviser? They can generally provide you with the best advice and organise most of the paperwork etc.

Some companies also do tele-interview/underwriting for medical information. They organise these after hours if required.

I'm sorry but at some stage time needs to be taken for him to do this if he wants the insurance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have income protection through our super (Sunsuper) and you can do it all online if you have a member log on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Agree with Manushka. Is there any chance that your DH's employer already does this through the super fund? Might be worth a quick call to them. If you don't have it already, they will probably be able to sort it out easily, and the premiums will all come out his super, rather than after-tax income.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    income protection is held in the insured’s name, not super. life insurance is in your super, you might be getting confused with that?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    income protection is held in the insured’s name, not super. life insurance is in your super, you might be getting confused with that?
    No - I've definitely got income protection, life insurance and total and permanent disability insurance through my super. You have to opt in for it.
    Screenshot_20180713-162901_Chrome.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ahhh through Super is a great idea. We just need the paperwork so we can subcontract to new companies, that's why we need it. I have his sunsuper log in and i have organised a quote, will call them and ask a few questions about the policy before I go ahead. THanks!!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bluerhino For This Useful Post:

manushka (13-07-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have income protection through my super. I know of someone who had to claim on it and it seemed to work out ok.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-DJ Nette For This Useful Post:

bluerhino (13-07-2018),Starfish30 (13-07-2018)