ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Sunfert, Alpha or Concept Fertility?

The shortlist of Asian (Chinese) donor eggs have now come down to the clinics with access to donor eggs, in Malaysia.

I had considered Fertility Choices (Cathie Sanchez) but felt pressured to choose 2 donors from the ones she sent, within 48 hours. I hasn’t even received an indication of the fees as yet. Further reading at the forums indicated she’s an agency and assist in coordination, but not from a clinic herself.

Anyway, I’m in the process of compiling the costs, processes, inclusions and exclusions from each of the 3 above mentioned clinics. Will share when I filled the blanks.

So.... has anyone worked with these clinics or researched into them? Keen to hear your thoughts.

Alpha is my preference at this stage given their great reviews, reputation, and packaged costs, seemingly high but appears to not have further hidden costs.

I also am wondering if someone can shed light on:

1) Legal contract, agreement etc. with the donors and clinic in Malaysia? Was there one?

2) frozen or fresh transfer? Most seem to prefer the frozen transfer, which is easier to manage as no need to sync period cycles.

3) how many embryos did you transfer?

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi hi.
    I'm also keen to know all the above so will be following!
    In the process of looking into these exacts ones too.
    Probably I'm a lot more haphazard in my search but I have obtain some pricing and happy to share/compare?
    Will head across in a few weeks as they don't offer online selection and also happy to share whatever info I come across.
    Can we correspond via email? Mine is necrosis.is.taken at gmail. dot com.

Cheers!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there! I am compiling too, see below. Though I haven’t seen donor profiles come back yet from the clinics, it’s only 1 day since we corresponded. None has said I need to fly there to view the profiles.

In fact, Cathie sent me a few profiles but was asking I choose within 48 hours, which is not what I’ll do. After all, I haven’t gotten the facts I need yet.

Ask away, let’s keep what we can here to start, so it will benefit others.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Birdface,

How has your research been going?

Is Cathie the one with Fertility Concepts and associated with Damai?
    They have quoted me 50k MYR but seems to be excluding donor fees.

I’ve got a cost from Metro IVF for ~40k MYR but no breakdowns.

As for Alpha and Sunfert, looks like 75k MYR for everything, including PGS.

Can you share what you have too? Do you have a list? Maybe we can populate it with the details? Right now I’m not sure what ‘everything’ means or what is required but not mentioned.

Cheers,
    Nec

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI there

This is what I got so far. I think Cathie (Fertlity Choices) can work with a clinic you choose. I haven’t ask though. I know she works with Penang Islamd Hoapital.

Here’s what I got so far. Blanks are no answers or clarity yet.

444B6A02-4898-4EAB-BCC4-927B87114D1D.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think they are hover around AUD 25K. No one tells me if I need to sign a contract with the donor. Therefore I interpret that I just sign a contract with the clinic. They have their own contract with the donor.

Alpha does not send any donor profile - one has to go to the clinic to access their database. Is this why you are going to KL, Malaysia?

The others did. Their profiles are very basic and not as extensive as the US ones. The US ones cover extended family if known, motivation to donate, more insight into their written responses etc.

Example Malaysian donor profiles coverage...

1. Name :
    2. Date of birth :
    3. Race :
    4. Height :
    5. Weight :
    6. Education level :
    7. Occupation :
    8. Status ( Married/ Single ) :
    9. Blood group :
    10. Build ( S/M/L ) :
    11. Eye colour :
    12. Skin colour :
    13. Hair colour :
    14. Hobbies :
    15. Nationality :
    16. Medical history :
    17. Have you done any surgery :
    18. Please state if there's any family medical history :
    Respiratory disorder
    Renal disorder
    Diabetes
    Colour blindness
    Cardiovascular diseases
    Epilepsy / mental disorder
    Thalassemia
    Others
    20. Any allergy to food or medication ?
    21. Is your period regular every month ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there,

Sunfert insisted I come down to view profiles and did not send. I’m surprised you got some sent across! And I did have to pay their GDD and doc consult fees to view so a little unhappy now! May I know who your coordinator is? I may switch if there is a more accommodating one!

No contract with donor. We liaise with hospital. Hospital liaises with agency; agency with donor. We are never in contact with the donor.

Yes—profiles tend to be sketchy. Much of it, like congenital diseases, is by self declaration. Hospital will screen for hepatitis and HIV, perhaps some other infectious diseases.

Do include the extra charges for non-Malaysians if that applies to you.

I’ve been to Alpha and Sunfert and TMC so far. Sunfert is impressively slick. Alpha is more like a clinic. TMC is within a full hospital and is run like it—so long waits for appointments seem to be the norm.

How are you going? Any plans to visit? Have you shortlisted any donors from what you’ve seen?

Take care

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Necrosis

I’m at KL now and met with Sunfert and Alpha. My bad, Sunfert didn’t send me profiles, had to come here. Concept Fertility (Damai) and Cathy did send me profiles.

I need to decide overnight. Dilemma given 2 big things.

(1) Alpha has a donor I saw from Concept - identical picture, different blood group, diff height/weight, diff year of birth. I lost trust for a moment. How can I trust everything else in the book is real? The nurse then pulled out the girls’ hard copy file (which I didn’t get to read) and said she’s definitely O+ and just did a cycle.

(2) Alpha has a great collection of Chinese girls, and seem to have them retrieve over 20 eggs - 30 to 40 eggs seem to be a common number, with 5/9 blastocysts etc. The nurse recounted from memory and came across credible but who knows?

Sunfert was great but limited donors. I only found 3 if interest and were not wowed to want to commit to any. They also seem to hover around 20 eggs and 4 blasts which seem more reasonable.

Thoughts? Anyone?? Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Birdface,

How did you go?

Alpha --I met this nurse Alice, who was wonderful. Had a good selection.
    Sunfert--Whole place was super efficient. Did not like their selection actually. But still happy to go with them if I can get a donor there.
    Fertility Associates (FA)--where i selected the donor had the most stringent screening of donors--which makes me want to continue with them.

Heard that other places use blood test results (for STDs and other infectious diseases) provided by the donor or agent, while FA does their own tests from the donor.

I selected a donor and all was well --her ultrasound and AHM all fantastic.
    Then they tested her for STDs and she came back positive. Now I'm donor-less. Urgh.
    But also relieved that there was the STD screening.

Feeling rather down and despondent but hopeful someone else will turn up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Coincidentally I just left KL that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdface View Post
    Hey Necrosis

I’m at KL now and met with Sunfert and Alpha. My bad, Sunfert didn’t send me profiles, had to come here. Concept Fertility (Damai) and Cathy did send me profiles.

I need to decide overnight. Dilemma given 2 big things.

(1) Alpha has a donor I saw from Concept - identical picture, different blood group, diff height/weight, diff year of birth. I lost trust for a moment. How can I trust everything else in the book is real? The nurse then pulled out the girls’ hard copy file (which I didn’t get to read) and said she’s definitely O+ and just did a cycle.

(2) Alpha has a great collection of Chinese girls, and seem to have them retrieve over 20 eggs - 30 to 40 eggs seem to be a common number, with 5/9 blastocysts etc. The nurse recounted from memory and came across credible but who knows?

Sunfert was great but limited donors. I only found 3 if interest and were not wowed to want to commit to any. They also seem to hover around 20 eggs and 4 blasts which seem more reasonable.

Thoughts? Anyone?? Thanks!