+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Child Support - additional expenses on top

Jesus @emilysmumma @babybeeno1 @SSecret Squirrel, give it a rest. The poor bloke is just looking for a space to vent and receive some friendly support.

Who cares if he is being bitter or emotive or giving a one-sided account of the story. He's allowed to be, this is his thread. He specifically asked to hear from people in similar circumstances, which you clearly are not. If you were, then you'd understand exactly where his post is coming from without feeling the need to kick a man when he's down.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to SurferGalGC For This Useful Post:

Angels4me (04-07-2018),babybeeno1 (04-07-2018),bedlover (04-07-2018),Emma1217 (04-07-2018),Excited1 (04-07-2018),granny1 (04-07-2018),Hasselhoff (05-07-2018),hoping4asticky1 (07-07-2018),stacey10 (04-07-2018),SunandStars (04-07-2018),theworkingmum (04-07-2018),YeahYeahYeah (04-07-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Holy moly. You are clearly extremely angry. Again, it's not your ex's fault that AFTER you divorced, you went bankrupt and she didn't. I'm highly suspecting that you got a tonne from the divorce yourself. The fact you lost it is both genuinely sad, and not her fault.

I'm actually making a serious, non snarky comment here - go see a counsellor and talk out your feelings. I am the child of a divorce where one parent hated the other and made it very known to me. Let me tell you, from my perspective it reflected badly on them. Your child has to see the level of anger you have for your ex.

Just because she has more assets than you shouldn't mean you hate her, or complain she wants you to contribute. To begin with, I had a level of empathy for you. After reading all your venomous replies to members who I know to be kind, thoughtful and intelligent, all I can tell you is get over yourself and seek help for yourself to work through your hatred. At the end of the day it's going to eat you alive.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard (04-07-2018),Mum-I-Am (05-07-2018),smallpotatoes (04-07-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SurferGalGC View Post
    Who cares if he is being bitter or emotive or giving a one-sided account of the story. He's allowed to be, this is his thread. He specifically asked to hear from people in similar circumstances, which you clearly are not. If you were, then you'd understand exactly where his post is coming from without feeling the need to kick a man when he's down.
    I've never been through a divorce, but I have been the child of divorce and it isn't pretty. I'm wanting to offer the OP another perspective to help both himself and his child. I'm sorry but I really get frustrated with people that start threads asking advice then get angry when they don't have others all agree with them. I did offer both empathy and an agreement she in NO way should withhold contact. And so have the others.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

emilysmumma (04-07-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Jesus @emilysmumma @babybeeno1 @SSecret Squirrel, give it a rest. The poor bloke is just looking for a space to vent and receive some friendly support.

Not meant to thank

Everyone is allowed opinions are we not ?

No one needed to know the ins and outs of his divorce. The question was over a pair of god damned shoes

8. The Following User Says Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

SSecret Squirrel (04-07-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @babybeeno1 sure, but I think some opinions are a bit ill-placed on this thread that's all. You're on here complaining about an AVO for example, which has no relevance to the original post.

I think the purpose of his original post was less about the shoes and more just an example of the kinds of situations he is experiencing.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SurferGalGC For This Useful Post:

theworkingmum (04-07-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @babybeeno1 sure, but I think some opinions are a bit ill-placed on this thread that's all. You're on here complaining about an AVO for example, which has no relevance to the original post.

I think the purpose of his original post was less about the shoes and more just an example of the kinds of situations he is experiencing.
    Again, showing empathy here. I can see some of the ladies have been on the receiving end of angry ex's, so are sharing their personal experiences of the 'other side'.

I sincerely hope the OP can work through the feelings he's experiencing, and his ex can stop using the child as a pawn to get money. The one I feel bad for here is that boy. He didn't ask to be born, or to have his mum and dad divorce. These two seriously need to get their sh*t together, BOTH of them for the good of their child.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

babybeeno1 (04-07-2018),babyno1onboard (05-07-2018),SSecret Squirrel (04-07-2018),SurferGalGC (04-07-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Again, showing empathy here. I can see some of the ladies have been on the receiving end of angry ex's, so are sharing their personal experiences of the 'other side'.

I sincerely hope the OP can work through the feelings he's experiencing, and his ex can stop using the child as a pawn to get money. The one I feel bad for here is that boy. He didn't ask to be born, or to have his mum and dad divorce. These two seriously need to get their sh*t together, BOTH of them for the good of their child.
    This.

I'm in / have been in a very similar situation to the exwife in this scenario.

Agree that the whole situation sounds very toxic for the child. That level of anger is not good for the children. OP I really think you need to take a step back, let go of your resentment to your exwife and consider the long term effect on your son. You can't control you exwife's actions, but you can control your reaction.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to SSecret Squirrel For This Useful Post:

babybeeno1 (04-07-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @SurferGalGC

You obviously missed the point of my comments. Why on earth would I complain about having an AvO in place when my family and my son is safe. I’m the one that went to court to get it. We are thankful for it so quite the opposite of what you think

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post

Yes I understand. It's tough on both sides. I just feel for the original poster so much because I've seen my husband go through the same. Reading those harsh posts, I took them personally because I think of the struggles my husband has also been through and know he wouldn't cope with that kind of negativity, especially if he were reaching out for support.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SurferGalGC For This Useful Post:

emilysmumma (04-07-2018),Excited1 (04-07-2018),theworkingmum (04-07-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babybeeno1 View Post
    @SurferGalGC

You obviously missed the point of my comments. Why on earth would I complain about having an AvO in place when my family and my son is safe. I’m the one that went to court to get it. We are thankful for it so quite the opposite of what you think
    Whatever. I didn't bother reading your comments about the AVO properly because they're irrelevant on this thread. You can vent about it elsewhere.

I don't know how the original poster has somehow become an angry and resentful man who is creating a toxic environment for his son, sheesh. We kind of guessed based on your comments that you were the ex wife of this scenario @Squirrel

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SurferGalGC For This Useful Post:

SunandStars (04-07-2018),theworkingmum (04-07-2018)