+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum-I-Am View Post
    True, it just feels like my expense because I’m the one that would be off with kids.
    yeah i get that and i think that’s why most people assume it’s the mothers cost, as she was the primary caregiver when bub was born.

but they’re his kids too and so it has to be a joint cost. whereas i’d consider things like mascara or botox injections solely my costs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahalfdozen View Post
    I’m sending my 4.5yo to preschool this year. It’s one that’s in a daycare centre. It’s hard to justify the cost because I don’t get a wage at all. He’s going purely to get ready for school, so it’s all for him, not me at all. I’m still home with my babies anyway. So it’s just money coming out of our single income budget. The others never really needed it and we didn’t have one where we were so it’s an expense I’m not used to. We do get some subsidy I hear, but no idea what or how much or how it works. At all.
    log into your centrelink account via my gov, you should see how much subsidy you get and how many hours of care you’re subsidized for. also, it’ll tell you how much ccs you’ve received and how much remains for the financial year. it’s quite handy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    log into your centrelink account via my gov, you should see how much subsidy you get and how many hours of care you’re subsidized for. also, it’ll tell you how much ccs you’ve received and how much remains for the financial year. it’s quite handy
    Because he isn’t enrolled yet, it doesn’t have anything for him. I just wanted to know how much I was going to be out per day before I enrolled him so we could budget accordingly but I think I have to wait until after he’s enrolled

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahalfdozen View Post
    Because he isn’t enrolled yet, it doesn’t have anything for him. I just wanted to know how much I was going to be out per day before I enrolled him so we could budget accordingly but I think I have to wait until after he’s enrolled
    pretty sure the dhs/centrelink website has a ccs calculator/estimator. worth a google at least.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Might not be CCS you get @Ahalfdozen. I remember reading something about subsidized preschool of 36hrs a fortnight (i think) even if you don't qualify for CCS. Not sure if you need to apply, or if you just get it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sure there's better info available but see here https://www.education.gov.au/child-c...ctivity-test-0

"Families who do not meet and are not exempt from the activity test and have a preschool aged child who attends preschool at a centre‑based day care service may be entitled to 36 hours of subsidised care per fortnight. This only applies to the preschool aged child/ren in the family. To receive this entitlement, the child needs to be in the year two years before grade one of school (based on information provided in the family’s claim) and attending an appropriate preschool program at a centre-based day care service (as reported by the family’s child care service)."

Thanks
    Reviews
    I find it laughable that it costs more to send my daughter to kindy this year ($25k) than it cost for my entire 4 year uni degree ($20k). FYI she’s going to the local daycare centre, it’s nothing fancy. 🤷‍♀️

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

Mum-I-Am (16-01-2019),turquoisecoast (16-01-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JustJaq View Post
    I'm sure there's better info available but see here https://www.education.gov.au/child-c...ctivity-test-0

"Families who do not meet and are not exempt from the activity test and have a preschool aged child who attends preschool at a centre‑based day care service MAY BE entitled to 36 hours of subsidised care per fortnight. This only applies to the preschool aged child/ren in the family. To receive this entitlement, the child needs to be in the year two years before grade one of school (based on information provided in the family’s claim) and attending an appropriate preschool program at a centre-based day care service (as reported by the family’s child care service)."
    It’s not a blanket thing and not everyone is eligible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    I find it laughable that it costs more to send my daughter to kindy this year ($25k) than it cost for my entire 4 year uni degree ($20k). FYI she’s going to the local daycare centre, it’s nothing fancy. 🤷‍♀️
    yeah i calculated daycare is the equivalent of elite school fees. which is insane when you think about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    yeah i calculated daycare is the equivalent of elite school fees. which is insane when you think about it.
    And school is full time... DD is going 4 days per week. Fine because I have one child but would really wonder what the point would be if I had three kids and to was going to cost $75K.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

Mum-I-Am (16-01-2019),turquoisecoast (16-01-2019)