+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ooh watching now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    who is watching? i caught the first ep last night. was a bit of a catch up one and spent most of it trying to remember what happened in season 2 lol.

why did serena set the house on fire? and initially i thought it was to murder fred (i thought he was in his office and trapped in the burning house) then the scene
    outside, we see serena and june then fred standing further away? and everyone goes off in different cars in different directions? where did serena go? why was june beaten? the fire wasn’t her fault??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    who is watching? i caught the first ep last night. was a bit of a catch up one and spent most of it trying to remember what happened in season 2 lol.

why did serena set the house on fire? and initially i thought it was to murder fred (i thought he was in his office and trapped in the burning house) then the scene
    outside, we see serena and june then fred standing further away? and everyone goes off in different cars in different directions? where did serena go? why was june beaten? the fire wasn’t her fault??
    She set the bed on fire. I don't think she was thinking beyond that action (eg. house burning down, her living/dying). I read it as symbolic - burning the marital bed, the bed where they would rape June. I think he also whipped her back in that room too, but not quite sure. So I saw it as her releasing that past by burning the bed.

I'm assuming June had to go after the fire because there was no home for her and she would be reassigned. Hence Nick's cautious farewell to her.

New episodes did not disappoint! Silly me sat down to watch without tissues ready!

I get so twitchy when I see the food cans/antiseptic for Serena's finger etc with just pictures/diagrams on them. Just the thought of women being so wholly excluded from reading makes me get angry (even though I know it's not real, lol).

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

Mod-Zeddie (09-06-2019),Mum-I-Am (07-06-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    She set the bed on fire. I don't think she was thinking beyond that action (eg. house burning down, her living/dying). I read it as symbolic - burning the marital bed, the bed where they would rape June. I think he also whipped her back in that room too, but not quite sure. So I saw it as her releasing that past by burning the bed.

I'm assuming June had to go after the fire because there was no home for her and she would be reassigned. Hence Nick's cautious farewell to her.

New episodes did not disappoint! Silly me sat down to watch without tissues ready!

I get so twitchy when I see the food cans/antiseptic for Serena's finger etc with just pictures/diagrams on them. Just the thought of women being so wholly excluded from reading makes me get angry (even though I know it's not real, lol).
    ok i’m thinking i need to rewatch as i’m missing details. totally didn’t even see the antiseptic bottle and it hadn’t even occurred to me that instructions on products would have to be depicted with images as reading was banned.