+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    i don’t think fred set it up so nick would get taken away. why would he risk june and the baby at this late stage? anything could happen to june at that house on her own, or she could run away and disappear, i just can’t see him risking something they’ve waited so long for in such a reckless way.

i don’t get why the eyes took nick away, isn’t he an eye himself??
    He knows it’s not his baby though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hetty View Post
    He knows it’s not his baby though.
    yeah but it’s still his only shot at fatherhood and serena so desperately wants the child too. surely after all the time and resources invested into june he’s not going to just throw it away now? plus nobody else outside the house knows it’s not his, how would he explain his handmaids disappearing and ending up in a random location.

just seems like there’s more to this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So many tears
    I think Nick was in the wrong place at the wrong time, I think Fred honestly believes he was being nice to June by letting her see Hannah. Or he knows Nick is the father, set him up & figured June’s disappearance could be explained by people thinking Nick took her.
    The look on Serena’s during the ceremony, it was desperation and disgust. She knows she has crossed a line

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh that was a hard episode. So many emotions. I think this is the first time Ive really truly been “PLEASE DONT END NOW!!!” at the end of an episode.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ahalfdozen For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats (28-06-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahalfdozen View Post
    Oh that was a hard episode. So many emotions. I think this is the first time Ive really truly been “PLEASE DONT END NOW!!!” at the end of an episode.
    Absolutely! I NEED to see the next one straight away.

I'm so scared of what a cliffhanger the end of the season episode will be given how much each week leaves you hanging.

I think it will take me all week to process everything in this week's episode though, so probably a good thing bingeing is impossible!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I missed a fair bit of Fred and Serena’s dialogue. I had to have the volume down (sleeping husband about to go on night shift) and teething baby was chewing and mashing away just loud enough to make it hard to understand.

So I may have to watch it again. Not that I’m complaining. That birth scene was amazing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was really looking forward to that episode and was actually a bit disappointed. It was just a bit bland. Nothing really happened. She had the baby....

I did really enjoy Fred and Serena’s conversation. It was like out in this remote abandoned house they could finally be their true selves. And interesting that Serena knew what Fred (they?) did was rape!! And she said that nick was the baby’s father as though that wasn’t a surprise to him!!! That bit was awesome!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bedlover For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats (29-06-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I liked it being bland. The whole episode just being centred around her being stripped back to pure instinct. No help like her first birth, just her and her baby. In that moment, nothing else really existed. I would have felt it was too cluttered if they filled it with too much else.
    I love that in the end, even though physically they were still in Gilead, in spirit she fulfilled her promise of not birthing her “in Gilead”. There were no ridiculous ceremonies, just mother and daughter.
    And the wolf. I feel like that was supposed to symbolise Grandma Holly. More of that mother/daughter bond thing. And in Hannah’s home too.
    I don’t know, I just liked that the focus seemed to be around just around that. Kind of raw and primal and uninterrupted save for that tiny insight into Fred and Serena crumbling.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ahalfdozen For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats (29-06-2018),Mod-Nomsie (29-06-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and that little detail of Serena saying “her baby” instead of “my baby”. I hope that’s a sign of Serena starting to feel disconnected from the baby and realising it’s June’s.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do need to watch the argument with Fred and Serena again. I also had to have the volume pretty low and, since half of it was shown through the upper window, it was hard to catch it all.

It was a very stripped back episode, I agree I think it was to show the contrast between her first pregnancy and birth, as the only dialogue for most of it was in the flashbacks.