+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default The Handmaids Tale Season 2 - #2

Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    My XH wasn't horrific, BUT when I was facing divorcing him I felt like I was admitting my failure, admitting that I'd made such a bad choice and admitting that I really had been miserable for so long. Part of me felt such shame. I'd got it all wrong. (I'm sure most of us have been there - made a bad decision and then stubbornly stuck by it to, in part at least, save face).

For Serena, she was one of the key drivers of the Gilead revolution. She wrote a book about women's place being in the home making babies, not focusing on careers and Independence. Before Gilead, she was giving speeches and trying to make change happen. So it's not just about her leaving a vile, abusive husband. It's about her admitting she was WRONG. I think that's what is keeping her where she is more than anything else.
    A good insight there, thanks for sharing. I know there's a lot for her to come to terms with before deciding whether or not to stay in Gilead, but actively participating in that 'act' with June is next level. I'm hoping this event is the catalyst she needs in seeing Gilead for what it really is.. and uses her intellect to take down the powers that be. She'd be a force to be reckoned with if she decided to do it! So much potential.

Thanks
    Reviews
    There are some amazing spoilers on reddit for those that can’t wait. One of the set designers has/had photos on their website and these included scenes from next few episodes. Exciting if you are like me and can’t wait to see what happens. Not cool if you don’t like spoilers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by clbj View Post
    There are some amazing spoilers on reddit for those that can’t wait. One of the set designers has/had photos on their website and these included scenes from next few episodes. Exciting if you are like me and can’t wait to see what happens. Not cool if you don’t like spoilers.
    I’m always so torn as to whether to look at the spoilers or not! GoT killed me waiting for the next episode so I used to read them all the time, ah what to do lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    How do you get redit?
    Last edited by 2BlueBirds; 24-06-2018 at 19:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think the scariest thing isn’t just that Serena participated... but that it was her idea! She was the one who suggested it...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Risa78 For This Useful Post:

Californication (24-06-2018)

Nomsie is offline Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2BlueBirds View Post
    How do you eat redit?

I think in Nicks mind, she doesn’t rate much of a thought. He never wanted her, he loves June and to entertain the idea of anyone else is betrayal. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I can’t do spoilers. I hate knowing what’s coming next. Like in my other fav show outlander- I’ve read all the books so I know and it’s not as good. It’s not the same “ohmygodholyeffingshiz” reaction.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomsie For This Useful Post:

mummaofasurprise (24-06-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Nomsie View Post

I think in Nicks mind, she doesn’t rate much of a thought. He never wanted her, he loves June and to entertain the idea of anyone else is betrayal. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I can’t do spoilers. I hate knowing what’s coming next. Like in my other fav show outlander- I’ve read all the books so I know and it’s not as good. It’s not the same “ohmygodholyeffingshiz” reaction.
    Hahaha!!
    *get redit

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2BlueBirds View Post
    Hahaha!!
    *get redit
    Reddit. It’s just a big forum type website. It has a “subreddit” for just about everything. And I mean EVERYTHING. If you go on there, just search for Handmaids Tale and you’ll see r/TheHandmaidsTale come up and its got discussion threads all related to it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Risa78 View Post
    I think the scariest thing isn’t just that Serena participated... but that it was her idea! She was the one who suggested it...
    The amount of rage in Serina was scary. I guess that’s a product of what has happened to her, but still scary to think that she would redirect her anger like that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    i don’t think fred set it up so nick would get taken away. why would he risk june and the baby at this late stage? anything could happen to june at that house on her own, or she could run away and disappear, i just can’t see him risking something they’ve waited so long for in such a reckless way.

i don’t get why the eyes took nick away, isn’t he an eye himself??