+ Reply to Thread
Page 80 of 81 FirstFirst ... 307078798081 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @SJP1986
    Yes, you sound like me a few years back.
    I'm in Melb, saw Nick, pretty much told me to get a surrogate. Saw Dr M, flew up there and got everything done as wanted to be thorough. Had LIT (Md M can see if it's working, didn't really make a diff with my husbands blood as so many matches including a full DQ alpha match) so asked Nick if I can use a friend to do donor LIT and he agreed. Did quite a few of this, just kept listening to Dr M and doing everything through Nick, so Ivig etc. and IVF, and now have a 3 year old that was our only PGD tested embryo that survived after a few full rounds.
    Sorry I'm not on here ever, as I think we've completed our family as have 2 kids (1st one was natural, no drugs, secondary infertility). My advice to you is to Fly up and see Dr M, do everything he says, and use Nick to do everything in Melbourne. Trust me it's cheaper than a surrogate!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoopa View Post
    Hi ladies, I was just after some advice on what you would do next? I've had 7 failed embryo transfers, the last being under Dr m protocol of asprin, clexane and Prednisone due to imbalance of nkc.

I have a son from my 3rd fresh transfer. I'm at a loss on what to try next. I guess pgd but it's so expensive and I would need to do a heap of cycles to even get a few embryos to bank as we usually only get one or two embryos per cycle. We have severe mfi

Thanks!
    What has Dr M suggested? One cycle isn’t enough to know if Dr Ms protocol is working. No transfer has a 100% success rate even if everything is perfect. So I would try say another 2 transfers on Dr M protocol. If that feels like treading water you could ask him if he’d suggest any tweaks or additions (eg he switched me to dex because bloods showed pred didn’t work for me, he added intralipids for me but just note that is expensive $650 a pop - 1 before transfer and then I’ve had infusions every 3-4 weeks during pregnancy).

PGD is an option but as you say it’s hard when you only get 1-2 embryos. That was me too. I did it once, only got 1 embryo, which came back normal. That gave me a lot of confidence that my eggs were still ok... but after many cycles it became clear my eggs were crap and I’d fluked that one good one (which ended up being a chemical anyway). So I personally would try the NK protocol a bit longer first.

Best of luck

R

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi! A quick question for those who have had intralipids through their pregnancy. How long did you do infusions for?

I‘ve been doing infusions every 3 weeks. I am now 21w and Dr M wants me to have one more. My pregnancy has been all smooth sailing. No complications. No scares. So I am just wondering if I really need another round of intralipids. Is everyone doing them this long?

I’ve asked for bloods to test my NK levels but interested to hear when others stopped infusions.

Thx

R

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Risa78 View Post
    What has Dr M suggested? One cycle isn’t enough to know if Dr Ms protocol is working. No transfer has a 100% success rate even if everything is perfect. So I would try say another 2 transfers on Dr M protocol. If that feels like treading water you could ask him if he’d suggest any tweaks or additions (eg he switched me to dex because bloods showed pred didn’t work for me, he added intralipids for me but just note that is expensive $650 a pop - 1 before transfer and then I’ve had infusions every 3-4 weeks during pregnancy).

PGD is an option but as you say it’s hard when you only get 1-2 embryos. That was me too. I did it once, only got 1 embryo, which came back normal. That gave me a lot of confidence that my eggs were still ok... but after many cycles it became clear my eggs were crap and I’d fluked that one good one (which ended up being a chemical anyway). So I personally would try the NK protocol a bit longer first.

Best of luck

R
    Thanks for your reply! I saw him again just before last transfer and he upped my Prednisone to 20mg a day and added an antibiotic. We transferred last week. Currently 6dp5dt and getting bfn.
    He suggested intralipids but at almost $1500 a pop (have to pay hospital admission on top of fee) with no claimback on that either, it all adds up. I'd definitely give it a go if he was adamant about it but he seemed very wishy washy on it. I asked him when the best time to do it was and he said before during or after is all fine. I think I would have liked more reassurance around it.

We're seeing my FS again in a couple of weeks as well as a second clinic for another opinion. We'll do pgs if we have to. It would likely just take a full year of cycling to get enough embryos to make it worthwhile 😟

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Snoopa For This Useful Post:

Risa78 (25-11-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Risa78 View Post
    Hi! A quick question for those who have had intralipids through their pregnancy. How long did you do infusions for?

I‘ve been doing infusions every 3 weeks. I am now 21w and Dr M wants me to have one more. My pregnancy has been all smooth sailing. No complications. No scares. So I am just wondering if I really need another round of intralipids. Is everyone doing them this long?

I’ve asked for bloods to test my NK levels but interested to hear when others stopped infusions.

Thx

R
    Hi Risa78, so glad everything’s going well for you! Over halfway now, nearly there. With my first pregnancy I think I stopped at about your stage. Dr M wanted one more too but I didn’t bother either. I was over sitting there on a Saturday! This pregnancy (I’m 18 weeks) I haven’t done them at all. It’s completely up to you, but I had no complications either and thought I’d done enough intralipids.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Buffy54 For This Useful Post:

Risa78 (25-11-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much for this. I have been putting it off... flying to Sydney etc but you’re are right I should give it a proper go first. I’m just a little tired lol, I may ask dr nick about using someone else’s blood for LIT and see what he says. Did you get the Chicago testing done?
    You have given me some hope when I feel like giving up so thank you.

QUOTE=Dizzy82;8926838]@SJP1986
    Yes, you sound like me a few years back.
    I'm in Melb, saw Nick, pretty much told me to get a surrogate. Saw Dr M, flew up there and got everything done as wanted to be thorough. Had LIT (Md M can see if it's working, didn't really make a diff with my husbands blood as so many matches including a full DQ alpha match) so asked Nick if I can use a friend to do donor LIT and he agreed. Did quite a few of this, just kept listening to Dr M and doing everything through Nick, so Ivig etc. and IVF, and now have a 3 year old that was our only PGD tested embryo that survived after a few full rounds.
    Sorry I'm not on here ever, as I think we've completed our family as have 2 kids (1st one was natural, no drugs, secondary infertility). My advice to you is to Fly up and see Dr M, do everything he says, and use Nick to do everything in Melbourne. Trust me it's cheaper than a surrogate!!![/QUOTE]

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has anyone on here been recommended to do LIT even though they are using donor embryos?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello fellow ladies,

I was briefly on the forum last year and we’ve miscarried. My period have gone haywire after the miscarriage and we were not going to try. Last week I found out I am pregnant! I’m currently 5 weeks 2 days.

I’ve mod to high nk cells, though will be tested again this week as my last test was more than a year ago. I’m currently on 15mg pred, 200 progesterone morning and night and clexane 40 injection daily.

Hcg test on day 32 is 350 and day 33 is 1270. I will test again tomorrow. Results are looking good but I still can’t help but worry! I’ve had previously 3 miscarriages.

I’ve a question for you, how early do you do intralipid infusion?

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Psc View Post
    Hello fellow ladies,

I was briefly on the forum last year and we’ve miscarried. My period have gone haywire after the miscarriage and we were not going to try. Last week I found out I am pregnant! I’m currently 5 weeks 2 days.

I’ve mod to high nk cells, though will be tested again this week as my last test was more than a year ago. I’m currently on 15mg pred, 200 progesterone morning and night and clexane 40 injection daily.

Hcg test on day 32 is 350 and day 33 is 1270. I will test again tomorrow. Results are looking good but I still can’t help but worry! I’ve had previously 3 miscarriages.

I’ve a question for you, how early do you do intralipid infusion?

Thanks!
    Hi there
    I did my first infusion at BFP then every 3-4 weeks after that until approximately 18 weeks.

Good luck!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Michy1980 For This Useful Post:

Psc (03-12-2019),Risa78 (05-12-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Private or public?

Hello Ladies,

It maybe a weird question, have anyone here on nk cells treatment and going public for maternity care? Could you even?

Also, do you see another obstetrician on top of Dr Matthais? He is too far for me. Is so when do you start seeing the other Obstetrician?

cheers, thanks!