+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 78 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default High Natural Killer Cells #11

Quote Originally Posted by Elda15 View Post
    Hi all,

I hope you don’t mind me jumping in ...

After being previously told by bt and biopsy that my nkc were fine, dr M found that they were rather elevated.

I have done a lot of reading today on immune protocoles... as i feel more anxious than I would like about the side effects, conflicting info on protocoles, how dq alpha results were read etc I have started second guessing the decisions I have made 🤯

Do you know what numbers to look at with the hla-dr & Hla-dq?

Anyway instead of suffering silently, I thought I would say hello that now I have started this protocole as you guys might understand too well how I feel
    Wish I knew how to answer that .. when I performed HLA testing DrM told me it could be interpreted by some as partial match but he didn’t feel it was an issue for me.
    I tried to read up on it all but found it quite confusing .. a month after the testing I fell preg so I guess he was right maybe it wasn’t an issue ?
    Then again I was treated with ivig the month prior to my BFP so maybe the residual effects helped .. still a mystery to me.
    To this day I feel like I was just going through the motions and trying everything and both DrM and i weren’t able to connect the dots rather just trial and error?
    And got lucky I suppose .. all thanks to God as we were running out of options and I was losing hope
    Last edited by Keepingtthefaith; 30-06-2018 at 23:07.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Keepingtthefaith For This Useful Post:

Ash02 (06-07-2018),Elda15 (01-07-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Keepingtthefaith View Post
    Wish I knew how to answer that .. when I performed HLA testing DrM told me it could be interpreted by some as partial match but he didn’t feel it was an issue for me.
    I tried to read up on it all but found it quite confusing .. a month after the testing I fell preg so I guess he was right maybe it wasn’t an issue ?
    Then again I was treated with ivig the month prior to my BFP so maybe the residual effects helped .. still a mystery to me.
    To this day I feel like I was just going through the motions and trying everything and both DrM and i weren’t able to connect the dots rather just trial and error?
    And got lucky I suppose .. all thanks to God as we were running out of options and I was losing hope
    Hi @Keepingtthefaith!

Thank you for your answer and congrats on your pregnancy !

It’s so confusing, changing and experimental. And as you say it could be not so important at the end of the day...

Would you or anyone know by any chance what drugs / treatment would be used for a partial match ?

This is how I also see it, that I need to have a plan for the next few cycles and hopefully something will eventually work... I just never thought I would have to invest so much energy, sanity, time and money in this process.

I feel better today, I believe the drugs might have played with me yesterday but it’s going to be an interesting cycle as I haven’t even started the 2ww 🤪

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck Elda15 and congrats keepingthefaith

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Otter For This Useful Post:

Elda15 (02-07-2018),Keepingtthefaith (03-07-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

I hope you don’t mind me jumping in ...

After being previously told by bt and biopsy that my nkc were fine, dr M found that they were rather elevated.

I have done a lot of reading today on immune protocoles... as i feel more anxious than I would like about the side effects, conflicting info on protocoles, how dq alpha results were read etc I have started second guessing the decisions I have made 🤯

Do you know what numbers to look at with the hla-dr & Hla-dq?

Anyway instead of suffering silently, I thought I would say hello that now I have started this protocole as you guys might understand too well how I feel
    Hey love I have a DQ alpha match with DH. Have a read of :

https://haveababy.com/fertility-info...nd-ivf-outcome

I’m on most of the medications he mentions (dex, intralipids, LIT etc). It is very confusing and different Dr have different opinions. But I liked this website

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Keepingtthefaith!

Thank you for your answer and congrats on your pregnancy !

It’s so confusing, changing and experimental. And as you say it could be not so important at the end of the day...

Would you or anyone know by any chance what drugs / treatment would be used for a partial match ?

This is how I also see it, that I need to have a plan for the next few cycles and hopefully something will eventually work... I just never thought I would have to invest so much energy, sanity, time and money in this process.

I feel better today, I believe the drugs might have played with me yesterday but it’s going to be an interesting cycle as I haven’t even started the 2ww 🤪
    I believe a mix of the usual immune meds like prednisone or Dex, IL or IVIG and sometimes LIT. But have heard conflicting things about the value of HLA testing in general and LIT treatment also depends on whether you’re a full match or partial

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies - praying for a smooth preg, birth and after

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congrats @keepingthefaith!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Risa78 For This Useful Post:

Keepingtthefaith (03-07-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Otter View Post
    Good luck Elda15 and congrats keepingthefaith
    Thanks @Otter

This morning was interesting.

- Nurse asked me how I was doing during blood test, I started crying
    - On my way out, when saying hello to my fs, my vein started bleeding because of the clexane
    - Cried and laughed a bit more with the nurses
    - then I started my day

And i have to go back for bloods tomorrow morning
    Last edited by Elda15; 02-07-2018 at 20:36.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by AmyS87 View Post
    Hey love I have a DQ alpha match with DH. Have a read of :

https://haveababy.com/fertility-info...nd-ivf-outcome

I’m on most of the medications he mentions (dex, intralipids, LIT etc). It is very confusing and different Dr have different opinions. But I liked this website
    Thanks I will save the link and read it later. My brain won’t process anything now

I found out today that we might be partial. We were initially told that we only had one number but I found 2.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Elda15 For This Useful Post:

AmyS87 (04-07-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Keepingtthefaith View Post
    I believe a mix of the usual immune meds like prednisone or Dex, IL or IVIG and sometimes LIT. But have heard conflicting things about the value of HLA testing in general and LIT treatment also depends on whether you’re a full match or partial
    I have read the same but hear the same unfortunately with a lot of the immune protocoles...

My fs says that the latest studies from
    Europe says that treating nkc doesn’t really help but at least they let me try something new.