+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 70 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Akara View Post
    Hi ladies, just wondering whether any of you have had a successful natural pregnancy (non ivf) with high nk cells? After our recent miscarriage, DH and I have decided to take a little break from ivf as the emotional and financial rollercoaster has slightly taken its toll on us. Our FS has previously told us that our chances of getting pregnant naturally are slim to none (also have MTHFR and DQ Alpha match issues) and I would love to prove him wrong however I don’t want to get my hopes up either.
    I’m only trying naturally and have been preganant three times naturally (just obviously have lost them as we have just found out partial dq and elevated nk). I also have MTHFR.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Michy1980 View Post
    Hi Akara

I am 20 weeks pregnant with a natural pregnancy using a treatment protocol for high natural killer cells , partial gene match and MTHFR. This is after 5 miscarriages 6-8 weeks (i have also had one live birth). I am lucky though and don't have any trouble actually getting pregnant, just keeping them. This is my first pregnancy on an immune protocol.

The only parts of the protocol that i started in the TTC phase were:
    - switch to folate not folic acid and a natal that is the same. I use Tresos Eagle.
    - 5mg prednisone from CD1
    - LIT with Dr M for partial gene match about a month prior to conception

Everything else i started on BFP

Let me know if you have other questions. Good luck!
    Michy did you do intralipids also?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shi85 View Post
    Hi Akara,
    Do you have full match or partial match
    I actually have no idea, DR NL never really mentioned whether it was a partial or full match and I never thought to ask. I’ve since tried to search online based on our test results but I can’t make any sense of it. I have a feeling it’s a full match but I’ll definitely ask him when I see him next.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SJP1986 View Post
    Michy did you do intralipids also?
    Yes I did, at BFP, approx 6 weeks, 9 weeks, 13 weeks, 17 weeks

Thanks
    Reviews

Default High Natural Killer Cells #11

Quote Originally Posted by Akara View Post
    I actually have no idea, DR NL never really mentioned whether it was a partial or full match and I never thought to ask. I’ve since tried to search online based on our test results but I can’t make any sense of it. I have a feeling it’s a full match but I’ll definitely ask him when I see him next.
    I’m also seeing Dr NL and my husband and i have partial gene match also i have high nk cell.i had my 1 st lit treatment last week after 2nd treatment we are about to start naturally.
    He put me on dex and aspirin cd 1intralipid day 12,clexane after ovulation and progesterone once i got pregnant.may i ask what is your dex dosage?he said I would take 1mg.
    Last edited by shi85; 18-05-2019 at 19:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I’m also seeing Dr NL and my husband and i have partial gene match also i have high nk cell.i had my 1 st lit treatment last week after 2nd treatment we are about to start naturally.
    He put me on dex and aspirin cd 1intralipid day 12,clexane after ovulation and progesterone once i got pregnant.may i ask what is your dex dosage?he said I would take 1mg.
    I’m in the exact same boat as you! But we are waiting to try until July! We are having the exact same treatment

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SJP1986 For This Useful Post:

shi85 (20-05-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wholeheartedly hope it works for you! He always put me on 1mg of dex, as well as clexane, aspirin, intralipids, prosgesterone and on top of that, 4.5mg naltrexone and augmentin for 5 days with LH surge.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Akara For This Useful Post:

shi85 (20-05-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi girls! Quick question for Dr M patients. Are all of his initial tests just bloods? Or are there other things? And from initial appt how long was it before your follow up appt for results/treatment set up? Assuming you did the testing as soon as you could. I’ve got my appt in a couple of weeks and just trying to work out timing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My initial tests were all bloods and bulk billed. I booked a follow up appointment 2 weeks later for results.

At the follow up, he advised that based on my NK cells result he’d like to do an NK biopsy, which we booked in for the next cycle.

For the 2nd appointment take a pen and paper and write down instructions. Ie which meds, dose, timing/when to start etc. He doesn’t give you a written plan so I’ve learnt to take detailed notes.

Best of luck!

R

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Risa78 View Post
    My initial tests were all bloods and bulk billed. I booked a follow up appointment 2 weeks later for results.

At the follow up, he advised that based on my NK cells result he’d like to do an NK biopsy, which we booked in for the next cycle.

For the 2nd appointment take a pen and paper and write down instructions. Ie which meds, dose, timing/when to start etc. He doesn’t give you a written plan so I’ve learnt to take detailed notes.

Best of luck!

R
    Thanks for replying! That’s great to know. I’m in WA and mine will be a phone consult, so I’ll definitely make sure to take notes! Hopefully I don’t have to fly over for other tests!