+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 81 FirstFirst ... 3171798081
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Psc View Post
    Hello Ladies,

It maybe a weird question, have anyone here on nk cells treatment and going public for maternity care? Could you even?

Also, do you see another obstetrician on top of Dr Matthais? He is too far for me. Is so when do you start seeing the other Obstetrician?

cheers, thanks!
    Absolutely fine to go public. I opted to go private for other reasons and chose a separate OB as I’m also too far a drive to Dr M.

I see both my OB and Dr M monthly. My OB doesn’t know a lot about immune issues, is vaguely starting to get interested as he’s seeing more patients on intralipids etc but said upfront that’s he knows nothing about it and will let Dr M make the call on when I come off all the meds. I got lucky there! Many OBs will have a more passionate view that none of the meds are needed. So whether public or private you may just need to brazen it out if they tell you to stop meds or comment on things like Clexane bruises.

R

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Risa78. I’m undecided if I want to go public but likely will be going private. I plan to go to Dr Matthais first for th Ed first trimester then likely looking at another Ob or options after.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe just contact a few local OBs just in case? Sometimes it can be hard to book in after first trimester as their books fill up. You could also put your name down at your local public hospital for the same reason (public hospital will always take you, but if they have a popular midwife group practice etc those can book out quickly).

That way you can make a final decision later. Most OBs start appointments around 10-12 weeks (some charge for appointments, some bulk bill those). But they don’t charge the big pregnancy management fee until between 20-28 weeks.

R

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also just a heads up Dr M appointments may go beyond first trimester. My next one is at 26 weeks and possibly another 1 or 2 after that. Obviously depends on protocol.

R

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Risa78 View Post
    Also just a heads up Dr M appointments may go beyond first trimester. My next one is at 26 weeks and possibly another 1 or 2 after that. Obviously depends on protocol.

R
    Thank you for the tips! That's a great idea! I will start ringing Obs and checking local hospitals too.

I was wondering how long will I need to see Dr Matthais, by the sounds of it, likely throughout pregnancy.