ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 48 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 473
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    80
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked
    34
    Reviews
    0

    Default High Natural Killer Cells #11

    Good luck to everyone who has started their cycle.

    I had my fs consult and although he doesn’t think I need the pred to get pregnant he is ok with me taking it on account of my hives. So I’ll be having my scratch on the 10th of July and transfer to follow.

    I’m seriously over hearing about surprise pregnancies btw, found out about another one today. Here I am running every second day, watching my diet, gobbling vitamins and meds just to get a glimpse at a positive.

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Otter For This Useful Post:

    AmyS87  (20-06-2018),Giota78  (05-09-2018),mummanow  (04-07-2018),Risa78  (19-06-2018)

  3. #2
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    386
    Thanks
    186
    Thanked
    367
    Reviews
    0
    @Otter glad to hear your FS okayed the pred.

    And totally with you on the surprise pregnancies... I run, I gobble vitamins, I eat all the right fruit, veg, protein, wholegrains. I’ve gone gluten free, dairy free, caffeine free, alcohol free. I’ve reduced my work hours/stress. I use organic toiletries and cleaning products. I avoid BPA. I even swapped my fry pans etc. But so many surprise pregnancies, lol. Maybe I should just quit it all and live on pizza, coke, beer and Netflix for a month and see if it makes a difference

    R

  4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Risa78 For This Useful Post:

    AmyS87  (20-06-2018),Giota78  (05-09-2018),mummanow  (04-07-2018),Phia  (20-06-2018)

  5. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    186
    Thanks
    278
    Thanked
    69
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Risa78 View Post
    @Otter glad to hear your FS okayed the pred.

    And totally with you on the surprise pregnancies... I run, I gobble vitamins, I eat all the right fruit, veg, protein, wholegrains. I’ve gone gluten free, dairy free, caffeine free, alcohol free. I’ve reduced my work hours/stress. I use organic toiletries and cleaning products. I avoid BPA. I even swapped my fry pans etc. But so many surprise pregnancies, lol. Maybe I should just quit it all and live on pizza, coke, beer and Netflix for a month and see if it makes a difference

    R
    Haha me too - and I was just thinking this.. maybe I should do the opposite and it will happen.

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AmyS87 For This Useful Post:

    Giota78  (05-09-2018),Phia  (20-06-2018),Risa78  (20-06-2018)

  7. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    216
    Thanks
    83
    Thanked
    120
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Faerygirl View Post
    Thanks for the insight.
    So these tests from Laverty you mentioned - which lab did you visit? Was it one in Sydney? Did you have these tests done within the last 6-12 months? I will check on their website again and give them a call to see. It’s so weird that they said they don’t test for NKC at all...
    Not sure if we are allowed to name practitioners on here?? Maybe ok as long as not FS?? Hopefully ok to say - Sally Charles in Bondi is my acupuncturist.
    So I see the same doctor as Risa does and exactly the same thing applied to me. Any laverty, thy always take a while to look up the vials etc as it’s a rare test that our orders.
    Would you be comfortable to see our doctor? He would be able to make the testing process easy for you and you can either get him and/or your acupuncturist to review the results.

    I’m due to go today to get re-tested actually

    Bondi is far for me sadly I would love a knowledge acupuncturist though relating to immune and infertility

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Keepingtthefaith For This Useful Post:

    Ash02  (21-06-2018),Faerygirl  (20-06-2018),Phia  (20-06-2018)

  9. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    216
    Thanks
    83
    Thanked
    120
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Otter View Post
    Good luck to everyone who has started their cycle.

    I had my fs consult and although he doesn’t think I need the pred to get pregnant he is ok with me taking it on account of my hives. So I’ll be having my scratch on the 10th of July and transfer to follow.

    I’m seriously over hearing about surprise pregnancies btw, found out about another one today. Here I am running every second day, watching my diet, gobbling vitamins and meds just to get a glimpse at a positive.
    That’s a great start!! Praying this cycle is a success.
    I agree re: the limitation of junk/toxins, I did this strictly 2yrs ago for a long time and nothing. I recently flexed a little and realise for me although cutting back on everything is good for me, my issues weren’t controlled by lifestyle changes. I guess I needed the immune meds
    I hear you in the surprise pregnancies - painful hearing them!!!!

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Keepingtthefaith For This Useful Post:

    Ash02  (21-06-2018)

  11. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked
    2
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Keepingtthefaith View Post
    So I see the same doctor as Risa does and exactly the same thing applied to me. Any laverty, thy always take a while to look up the vials etc as it’s a rare test that our orders.
    Would you be comfortable to see our doctor? He would be able to make the testing process easy for you and you can either get him and/or your acupuncturist to review the results.

    I’m due to go today to get re-tested actually

    Bondi is far for me sadly I would love a knowledge acupuncturist though relating to immune and infertility
    Yes, I’d love the name of your doctor. Where are they located?

  12. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked
    2
    Reviews
    0
    Also just wondering how much these tests cost?

  13. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    48
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked
    15
    Reviews
    0
    I had these tests done by Laverty also in Feb. The test themselves were bulk billed. I had the specific ones looking at DQ alpha matching at Douglass. Also bulk billed. I also see the same Dr and he was the one who ordered these for me.

  14. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked
    2
    Reviews
    0
    I saw my acupuncturist last night and she said the GP usually requests a test called “Lymphocyte Surface Markers” and “Cell surface markers”.
    Looking at the Laverty Test Guide the closest tests I can find are:

    LSM: Lymphocyte surface markers/ Lymphocyte Markers studies/typing or White cell surface markers.

    Is this going to give sufficient information?

    I also saw these tests in the manual:
    CD4, CD8, CD4/CD8 ratio, CD3, CD16/56, CD59 - Lymphocyte typing, Cell markers.

    Is this a separate test that I would need the GP to request? Or is this covered in the “LSM” test.

    NK Cells - which they then say refer to “flow cytometry” which then goes on to say “see LSM” - which is the first test mentioned - so looks like this LSM tests for NK cells??

    Sorry for all the questions. I just like to be prepared! I’d hate to get to Laverty and them not know what the GP is requesting.... since these are not commonly requested tests!

  15. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    216
    Thanks
    83
    Thanked
    120
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Faerygirl View Post
    I saw my acupuncturist last night and she said the GP usually requests a test called “Lymphocyte Surface Markers” and “Cell surface markers”.
    Looking at the Laverty Test Guide the closest tests I can find are:

    LSM: Lymphocyte surface markers/ Lymphocyte Markers studies/typing or White cell surface markers.

    Is this going to give sufficient information?

    I also saw these tests in the manual:
    CD4, CD8, CD4/CD8 ratio, CD3, CD16/56, CD59 - Lymphocyte typing, Cell markers.

    Is this a separate test that I would need the GP to request? Or is this covered in the “LSM” test.

    NK Cells - which they then say refer to “flow cytometry” which then goes on to say “see LSM” - which is the first test mentioned - so looks like this LSM tests for NK cells??

    Sorry for all the questions. I just like to be prepared! I’d hate to get to Laverty and them not know what the GP is requesting.... since these are not commonly requested tests!
    What the GP is requesting sounds correct. dr Matthias is in bankstown/Liverpool look him up. I’m not sure how comprehensive each test is (GP vs DrM) since DrM asks for specific surface markers.
    It’s all bulk billed worth a shot and yes laverty are the main collectors & from what I understand more comprehensive than Douglas Hanly

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Keepingtthefaith For This Useful Post:

    Faerygirl  (20-06-2018)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 18-06-2015, 23:10
  2. High Natural Killer Cells
    By helenmac in forum Reproductive Immunology
    Replies: 936
    Last Post: 21-05-2013, 16:39
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-11-2011, 09:23
  4. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-02-2011, 10:26
  5. High Natural Killer Cells count
    By Mayumi in forum Conception issues & ttc
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-03-2008, 21:04

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

FEATURED SUPPORTER
L'il Aussie Prems FoundationAn Australian charity supporting families of premature babies & children. The charity assists families who are at high ...
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›

ADVERTISEMENT