+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 62 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Tell them they're dreaming! Buy-Swap-Sell #3

this came up in a FB group I’m in (one of the BF ones). I can’t believe people think this is ok to do. Makes me sad. Babies should NEVER be propped with a bottle.

IMG_0252.jpgIMG_0253.jpg

ETA it was posted as a “WTF how do I report it?” post, not as a “hey this is a great idea” post.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I remember meeting with the mums from my 1st time mum's group when our bubs were about 4-5 months old. The one who's house we went to just had her bub laying on the couch with a (handmade looking) bottle prop. I was a bit shocked but some of the other mums were saying 'wow, great idea!'.

The kicker, she worked in childcare!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My cousin that had her baby in jan. She has been doing this with her ds since he was 2 weeks old !! Needless to say there have been a lot of fights between her mum and her about it ! I’ve said a few choice words but it goes in 1 ear out the other

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't like this at all, but some people find no problem with it. A friend would prop up the bottle and leave the new born baby, just so she could do the dishes. marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had one, a bit different to that though but never used it until they were old enough to push the bottle away and move their head, and I only ever used it when we were shopping and they were in the trolley capsule so I was right there anyway. The one I had was just like a little doughnut cushion with a flat bottom so as soon as they took their mouth off the bottle the bottle would drop onto their chest or fall away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    once ds was a bit bigger and could hold his bottle by himself, we’d let him hold it himself. we never propped him or the bottle up though and he was never left unattended. i just thought it was good for him to learn to hold and feed himself with the bottle. didn’t think it was a bad thing to do as one of us was always right there watching him 🤷🏼‍♀️

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Tell them they're dreaming! Buy-Swap-Sell #3

serious question: we have a fair amount of beer in our back fridge left over from ds’ first bday party. most of it is light beer. dh and i do not drink beer at all. my questions:

1. can i advertise on local fb buy swap sell group?

2. should i just give it away? or would it be acceptable to offer to swap for something we do drink (red wine for instance)?

3. we have bottles of spirits etc in our pantry...most bottles are opened but in varying stages of
    emptiness. most have at least half a bottle full. do i give these away? or just tip down the sink?

dh doesn’t really drink much at all these days as he’s watching his weight. i’m lucky to have a glass of an evening. but all we drink is red wine really. can’t even remember the last time i had a drink containing spirits...

unsure what to do. i’d happily get rid of it all really as it’s a space thief but i feel very un-adult not having a decent range of grog on hand at home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    serious question: we have a fair amount of beer in our back fridge left over from ds’ first bday party. most of it is light beer. dh and i do not drink beer at all. my questions:

2. should i just give it away? or would it be acceptable to offer to swap for something we do drink (red wine for instance)?

3. we have bottles of spirits etc in our pantry...most bottles are opened but in varying stages of
    emptiness. most have at least half a bottle full. do i give these away? or just tip down the sink?

dh doesn’t really drink much at all these days as he’s watching his weight. i’m lucky to have a glass of an evening. but all we drink is red wine really. can’t even remember the last time i had a drink containing spirits...

unsure what to do. i’d happily get rid of it all really as it’s a space thief but i feel very un-adult not having a decent range of grog on hand at home.
    Pretty sure it’s illegal to sell alcohol without a license- not sure if that’s a state by state thing or not. Do you have any friends/family you could ask if they want it?

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar (08-07-2019),turquoisecoast (08-07-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post

I’d just keep hold of it for the next party. I’m the same with spirits, I have heaps and they just sit in the cupboard. Occasionally we will have a cocktail party or something and some will get used up. It’s also nice to have stuff on hand to offer people when they come over.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast (08-07-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews