+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    179
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked
    164
    Reviews
    0

    Default Endometriosis and Adenomyosis

    Hi ladies I’m a 32 yr old with both endometriosis and adenomyosis. In March I did my first round of IVF and managed to get 6 of my 10 eggs to fertilise. I did a fresh embryo transfer that resulted in a BFN. My next step is to have a laparoscopy to drain my 3 chocolate cysts on my ovary and hysteroscopy . After that I will do a FET. I am nervous as my first specialist didn’t really discuss with me what adenomyosis is. I am now seeing a new specialist that says it can play a part in my embryos not implanting as well as I have been reading that it can also cause issues during pregnancy such as premature rupture of membranes and premature delivery . I’m just finding myself worrying even more now and wondering if I can find other women on here that have adenomyosis as well. I’ve read it’s pretty common for people with endometriosis to have the adenomyosis as well. If you have any experience with this I’d be grateful to hear from you and hear your experiences with your fertility journey. Thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    283
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked
    127
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by xtina0445 View Post
    Hi ladies I’m a 32 yr old with both endometriosis and adenomyosis. In March I did my first round of IVF and managed to get 6 of my 10 eggs to fertilise. I did a fresh embryo transfer that resulted in a BFN. My next step is to have a laparoscopy to drain my 3 chocolate cysts on my ovary and hysteroscopy . After that I will do a FET. I am nervous as my first specialist didn’t really discuss with me what adenomyosis is. I am now seeing a new specialist that says it can play a part in my embryos not implanting as well as I have been reading that it can also cause issues during pregnancy such as premature rupture of membranes and premature delivery . I’m just finding myself worrying even more now and wondering if I can find other women on here that have adenomyosis as well. I’ve read it’s pretty common for people with endometriosis to have the adenomyosis as well. If you have any experience with this I’d be grateful to hear from you and hear your experiences with your fertility journey. Thanks
    Hi,
    Fist off there is hope! And I say that because I have adenomyosis and through IVF I conceived my DS.
    I do something called long down regulation to try shrink the lesions and calm down the adeno!
    I am currently trying for #2 with our last FET not working . But I am hopeful and stating positive it will work.
    DS took 5 and a half years but we didn't have a diagnosis for the first 4 years roughly. It took about 7 transfers and 3 egg collections and 2 MC's to get my BFP that resulted in our boy.
    Fingers crossed for you, and having a diagnosis is great now you know what your working with.
    Hope that all made sense!
    all the best.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to McyD18 For This Useful Post:

    Loz3119 (23-07-2018)

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    106
    Thanks
    53
    Thanked
    30
    Reviews
    0
    @xtina0445 I am like you,.I have both endometriosis and adenomyosis. I had similar protocol as McyD18. I just came off from long down reg and I am going for a FET next Thursday. Don't lose hope, at least you know what you are dealing. Not a lot of specialist believe in adenomyosis so can be overlooked.

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    208
    Thanks
    358
    Thanked
    110
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by McyD18 View Post
    Hi,
    Fist off there is hope! And I say that because I have adenomyosis and through IVF I conceived my DS.
    I do something called long down regulation to try shrink the lesions and calm down the adeno!
    I am currently trying for #2 with our last FET not working . But I am hopeful and stating positive it will work.
    DS took 5 and a half years but we didn't have a diagnosis for the first 4 years roughly. It took about 7 transfers and 3 egg collections and 2 MC's to get my BFP that resulted in our boy.
    Fingers crossed for you, and having a diagnosis is great now you know what your working with.
    Hope that all made sense!
    all the best.
    Hi I know this post is a little old but I just wanted to say your reply on here has really given me hope! I am just starting a long down regulation for an FET in which we will also do an egg collection (our 3rd). I’ve had 2 IVF cycles (antagonist) and 4 failed transfers so far (with one frozen embryo remaining) and just been told I have Adenomyosis (as well as mild endo which has been removed). Thank you and my fingers are crossed your baby #2 comes along soon xxx

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    283
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked
    127
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Loz3119 View Post
    Hi I know this post is a little old but I just wanted to say your reply on here has really given me hope! I am just starting a long down regulation for an FET in which we will also do an egg collection (our 3rd). I’ve had 2 IVF cycles (antagonist) and 4 failed transfers so far (with one frozen embryo remaining) and just been told I have Adenomyosis (as well as mild endo which has been removed). Thank you and my fingers are crossed your baby #2 comes along soon xxx
    Hey,
    Oh that makes me feel so good that I have helped in some way. Nothing is ever impossible and with diagnosis you are on the right track for a BFP!
    I am also on long down reg as we speak had my zoladex injection start of July. Hope the side effects don't treat you to bad! Feel free to ask any question or just if you want to vent or chat. Ita a hard road but can I say its worth EVERYTHING! I wish you all the best and thanks also for your kind words and wishes. ✨✨✨✨

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to McyD18 For This Useful Post:

    Loz3119 (24-07-2018)

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    208
    Thanks
    358
    Thanked
    110
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by McyD18 View Post
    Hey,
    Oh that makes me feel so good that I have helped in some way. Nothing is ever impossible and with diagnosis you are on the right track for a BFP!
    I am also on long down reg as we speak had my zoladex injection start of July. Hope the side effects don't treat you to bad! Feel free to ask any question or just if you want to vent or chat. Ita a hard road but can I say its worth EVERYTHING! I wish you all the best and thanks also for your kind words and wishes.
    Thanks for your lovely words I just feel like it’s never going to happen! It’s been 3 years now - unexplained until I changed specialists and recently got this diagnosis. I’ve never done a down reg - It’s going for like 99 days? Day 21 bloods then the injection then another day 21 bloods and another injection?
    So if you had your injection start of July; when is your egg collection?
    Hope all is going well so far

  9. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    283
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked
    127
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Loz3119 View Post
    Thanks for your lovely words I just feel like it’s never going to happen! It’s been 3 years now - unexplained until I changed specialists and recently got this diagnosis. I’ve never done a down reg - It’s going for like 99 days? Day 21 bloods then the injection then another day 21 bloods and another injection?
    So if you had your injection start of July; when is your egg collection?
    Hope all is going well so far
    I'm not having egg collection as I have frozen embryos. I won't have a FET till sep maybe? Yeah I was the same with DS started to think it was never going to happen. it wasn't till about the 4th yr of trying we got a diagnosis and second FET from diagnosis and 2 long down reg we got our DS.
    I start Synarel spray on 1st of Aug to keep me down regged I don't have a second zoladex

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to McyD18 For This Useful Post:

    Loz3119 (24-07-2018)

  11. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    219
    Thanks
    116
    Thanked
    173
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by McyD18 View Post
    Hi,
    Fist off there is hope! And I say that because I have adenomyosis and through IVF I conceived my DS.
    I do something called long down regulation to try shrink the lesions and calm down the adeno!
    I am currently trying for #2 with our last FET not working . But I am hopeful and stating positive it will work.
    DS took 5 and a half years but we didn't have a diagnosis for the first 4 years roughly. It took about 7 transfers and 3 egg collections and 2 MC's to get my BFP that resulted in our boy.
    Fingers crossed for you, and having a diagnosis is great now you know what your working with.
    Hope that all made sense!
    all the best.
    Hi @McyD18,
    I have adenomyosis too.
    what drugs were you on for the long down and how long? who is your Dr if you don't mind me asking.

    Ta.

  12. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    208
    Thanks
    358
    Thanked
    110
    Reviews
    0

    Default Endometriosis and Adenomyosis

    Quote Originally Posted by RubADub View Post
    Hi @McyD18,
    I have adenomyosis too.
    what drugs were you on for the long down and how long? who is your Dr if you don't mind me asking.

    Ta.
    Hi @RubADub I haven’t been on here for quite some time but I’d previously commented on this thread so thought I’d respond.

    I had had failed IVF cycles (4 good quality embryos however none had stuck, unexplained infertility). I had one embryo left. I found a great FS who diagnosed endo and adenomyosis. He treated the endo (lap surgery) and put me on Zolodex for 3 months to treat the adenomyosis. I then had my last embryo transferred and it stuck! I now have a 5 month old healthy baby boy

    My FS is Dr Ray Yoong - he is in Adelaide and he’s amazing!

    I wish you all the best.

  13. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    219
    Thanks
    116
    Thanked
    173
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Loz3119 View Post
    Hi @RubADub I haven’t been on here for quite some time but I’d previously commented on this thread so thought I’d respond.

    I had had failed IVF cycles (4 good quality embryos however none had stuck, unexplained infertility). I had one embryo left. I found a great FS who diagnosed endo and adenomyosis. He treated the endo (lap surgery) and put me on Zolodex for 3 months to treat the adenomyosis. I then had my last embryo transferred and it stuck! I now have a 5 month old healthy baby boy

    My FS is Dr Ray Yoong - he is in Adelaide and he’s amazing!

    I wish you all the best.
    Thanks @Loz3119, that's great news about your 5 month old. Thanks for replying too. I've done 8 full stimulated cycles, kinda getting over it ICSI. AF is 2 days late... . what will be, will be.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Severe endometriosis and ivf - any success?
    By Nibblerbunny in forum IVF
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-10-2017, 17:13
  2. Conceiving after endometriosis and starting clomid
    By Tlcwaiting in forum Non-IVF fertility assistance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 27-04-2012, 21:08
  3. Possible endometriosis and Ovarian cysts
    By bAaM in forum General Child Health Issues
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 29-03-2011, 23:12
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 24-06-2010, 18:16
  5. Endometriosis and pregnancy
    By MiracleMum21 in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-03-2009, 13:19

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

FEATURED SUPPORTER
Billington StreetFor stationery as unique as you are! ♥ Handmade, custom designed stationery for all of life's celebrations WINNER ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Motherhood: The Shameful SecretsGeneral Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
Jolly July TTC 2020Conception & Fertility General Chat
Selective MutismParents of Children with Special Needs

ADVERTISEMENT