BJU International
    Online Early
    doi:10.1111/j.1464-410X.2006.06646.x
    Volume 0 Issue 0
    accepted for publication Sept 2006

The effect of male circumcision on sexuality
    DaiSik Kim and Myung-Geol Pang*
    OBJECTIVE

To prospectively study, using a questionnaire, the sexuality of men circumcised as adults compared to uncircumcised men, and to compare their sex lives before and after circumcision.
    SUBJECTS AND METHODS

The study included 373 sexually active men, of whom 255 were circumcised and 118 were not. Of the 255 circumcised men, 138 had been sexually active before circumcision, and all were circumcised at >20 years of age. As the Brief Male Sexual Function Inventory does not specifically address the quality of sex life, questions were added to compare sexual and masturbatory pleasure before and after circumcision.
    RESULTS

There were no significant differences in sexual drive, erection, ejaculation, and ejaculation latency time between circumcised and uncircumcised men. Masturbatory pleasure decreased after circumcision in 48% of the respondents, while 8% reported increased pleasure. Masturbatory difficulty increased after circumcision in 63% of the respondents but was easier in 37%. About 6% answered that their sex lives improved, while 20% reported a worse sex life after circumcision.
    CONCLUSION

There was a decrease in masturbatory pleasure and sexual enjoyment after circumcision, indicating that adult circumcision adversely affects sexual function in many men, possibly because of complications of the surgery and a loss of nerve endings.

http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/doi...X.2006.06646.x
    Last edited by MotherNurture; 20-12-2006 at 04:26. Reason: correct typo in citation

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks for posting that study, I am hoping it will help me reconcile my DH to the fact that any little men of our will NOT be chopped

Mum has been telling me this for years, apparently it was considered common knowledge when she was nursing, one of the many many reasons she doesn't approve of it being done routinely.

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Don't believe this "study".

Thanks
    Reviews
    I heard of another one that was the exact oposite - that circumsised men had increased sexual pleasure...

Melissa

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I will be happy to read any opposing studies too, as I like to make informed decisions.
    So feel free to link to them if you want opposing views to be able to be considered

Thanks
    Reviews
    While the groups were rather small the variety of responses is interesting... I think I'll go and look up the discussion following the article, that is always a good read... Thanks for posting that MNature. text removed by moderator
    Last edited by Nothereanymore; 20-12-2006 at 18:13. Reason: unsuitable for forum

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MissieK View Post
    I heard of another one that was the exact oposite - that circumsised men had increased sexual pleasure...

Melissa
    I heard this too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    not to be rude but i think DH would offer evidenc contrary to the study but thanks for the good read

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jate & Abby View Post
    not to be rude but i think DH would offer evidenc contrary to the study but thanks for the good read
    ditto

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jate & Abby View Post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast