+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone who has Uterus didelphys can share the experience?

Background: Quoted from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uterus_didelphys

"Uterus didelphys (sometimes also uterus didelphis) represents a uterine malformation where the uterusis present as a paired organ when the embryogenetic fusion of the Müllerian ducts fails to occur. As a result, there is a double uterus with two separate cervices, and rarely a double vagina as well."

I was diagnosed when I was young with this condition. I have two uterus and two cervix with one vagina.

Since I've known I've almost had a complex about getting pregnant. But now that I am, I am very curious to hear form others that might have had the same or similar condition.

Reading what I have so far, it doesn't seem to affect success rates too much. Just wondering what the logistics of it all would be, would this cause contractions to both sides? is typically a C-section the preferred way?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes! I have this!

I found out exactly a week before you posted this question, when I had an emergency C section at the Royal Women’s Hospital in Melbourne after a 48 hour labour. I was one week overdue. I was told after having the dye test (after 2 miscarriages at 7 weeks) that I had a heart shaped uterus and so they were watching me for early labour. Then baby went into transverse position and I did all these exercises and baby went head down. He never fully engaged though, stayed up quite high. Nonetheless I went into spontaneous labour a week overdue and the first 12 hours were fine, just like light period pains every ten mins or so. The next 12 hrs were ok, a bit more painful but ok. Then I got a stretch and sweep and things got super painful for the next 12 hrs. I described it to my partner as “torture”. Got to the hospital and was only 1.5cm dilated. Refused to go back home. Then the next 12 hrs were what I expected labour to be like and I got to 6cm and baby was showing signs of distress and after a while I decided for a c section and then there he was! The most beautiful thing I had ever seen. In the recovery room the surgeon came and told me what they found, big surprise. I think now that explains the transverse lie, the very painful stage in labour (perhaps both uteri contracting? And him not dropping down pre labour. It was a bit like he was stuck in that middle section of the labour. I’m now waiting on an MRI at the women’s so I can see how it all is situated for future Pap smears.

I hope that’s helpful. Happy to chat more.

Have you seen this resource? https://uterusdidelphys.webs.com/apps/forums/