+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaBearMiles View Post
    Well we actually had a massive talk this afternoon and it's gone from a no to discussing it again in 6 to 12 months lol so that's a start I guess
    That’s what happened with my ex and our 3rd we had decided to discuss having a 3rd in 6-12 months and he went away for work and I had to call him 3 weeks later and say I was pregnant, basically the immaculate conception he was excited, I cried for weeks. Mainly because I was due when my very sensitive eldest was starting kindy. That’s a really positive sign though, I’m happy for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well we actually had a massive talk this afternoon and it's gone from a no to discussing it again in 6 to 12 months lol so that's a start I guess 😂
    I've been following along, and I'm really happy for you that the conversation is still open. It's similar to what happened to me. DP said no to another and then saw how devastated I was for a few months. Then he reconsidered and changed his mind. Only problem is that the whole thing was probably left too late as we were already in our 40s and time was of the essence.

My very best wishes to you. I hope you find peace with whatever happens (altho I really hope you get your bub: once you start yearning for another it's very very difficult to stop).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs CAP View Post
    That’s what happened with my ex and our 3rd we had decided to discuss having a 3rd in 6-12 months and he went away for work and I had to call him 3 weeks later and say I was pregnant, basically the immaculate conception he was excited, I cried for weeks. Mainly because I was due when my very sensitive eldest was starting kindy. That’s a really positive sign though, I’m happy for you!
    Haha oh that's so funny! I don't think my husband would take that too well lol Atleast it didn't take you ages to conceive 😉

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteroses View Post
    I've been following along, and I'm really happy for you that the conversation is still open. It's similar to what happened to me. DP said no to another and then saw how devastated I was for a few months. Then he reconsidered and changed his mind. Only problem is that the whole thing was probably left too late as we were already in our 40s and time was of the essence.

My very best wishes to you. I hope you find peace with whatever happens (altho I really hope you get your bub: once you start yearning for another it's very very difficult to stop).
    So did you end up having another baby in your 40s? I hope so. It's definitely not uncommon to have children later in life, in your late 30's or 40s. My sister is in her 40s and she has a 1 year old and a newborn.

Thank you for your kind words 😊 Will be exciting to see what happens.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So did you end up having another baby in your 40s? I hope so. It's definitely not uncommon to have children later in life, in your late 30's or 40s. My sister is in her 40s and she has a 1 year old and a newborn.

Thank you for your kind words 😊 Will be exciting to see what happens.
    I'm encouraged to hear about your sister. We haven't been successful so far but I have managed to get pregnant numerous times, but unfortunately all have ended in mc (hence my comment that we might have left it too late). But it is always encouraging to hear success stories.

Best wishes to you x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteroses View Post
    I'm encouraged to hear about your sister. We haven't been successful so far but I have managed to get pregnant numerous times, but unfortunately all have ended in mc (hence my comment that we might have left it too late). But it is always encouraging to hear success stories.

Best wishes to you x
    She had her daughter at the age of 40 or 41 then about 6 months later, got pregnant but had a miscarriage then a few months later she got pregnant again with her son. She also has a 9 year old aswell as two older teenagers.

I really wish you the best of luck and I hope you get a little baby of your own soon 😊

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaBearMiles For This Useful Post:

whiteroses (21-04-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

I know it has been a year since I did this post but I am excited to hear who went on to have another baby?

Hubby and I are currently TTC, crossing my fingers this is my month but ovulated very late in cycle so may not be possible.

Would love to hear from you all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

I know it has been a year since I did this post but I am excited to hear who went on to have another baby?

Hubby and I are currently TTC, crossing my fingers this is my month but ovulated very late in cycle so may not be possible.

Would love to hear from you all
    How lovely to hear from you that you are ttc!! All my very best wishes to you. I hope you have a smooth and successful journey.

I am very lucky to be able to say that I am expecting our much-awaited third in a matter of weeks! I will not be able to relax until I'm holding a healthy baby in my arms, but I wish the same outcome for you! All the best x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    can’t believe i’m posting in here as i swore black and blue i’d be done after dd arrived. well she’s here and now i’m not so sure. in the first 2 weeks, i cried when dh said we can cancel the obstetric cover on our private health. i feel less emotional about it now but i still wonder if i’m truly done. financially it would make no sense for us to have a third plus we would need a new car, most likely a second car too, bigger house etc. daycare costs would kill us, a nanny would be cheaper most likely. i question whether id even be able to go back to work with 3 young kids (ds is 3 and dd is 3 weeks old). i’m 39 in july so time is hardly on my side either. plus i’d want to go private again and the ob costs aren’t exactly cheap....

so that’s my argument against it. certainly if cash was no issue, i wouldn’t hesitate. i’m exhausted with dd and the sleepless nights but i’m enjoying it this time whereas i hated it with ds. or
    maybe i should just quit while
    i’m ahead and remember this fondly rather than press the issue and have a third and risk having another bad experience.

anyway that’s where i’m at...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Whiteroses, that is absolutely amazing! Congratulations, I am so happy for you.

We have been trying since December but I has been on the depo from Feb until August so its really messed with my cycles, but this weekend just gone, I am pretty sure I ovulated so finger's crossed I am in for a win.

Do you know what you are having? 😊

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaBearMiles For This Useful Post:

whiteroses (21-05-2019)