View Poll Results: Who has gone back for round two frozen transfer?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes -successful

2 66.67%
  • Yes -unsuccessful

1 33.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 87 of 89 FirstFirst ... 37778586878889 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @wazbub a big congrats on your two little girls xx

R

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by midnite01 View Post
    Hey ladies did I read somewhere on here that cape fertility no longer do Saturday transfers? I have Fridays off recently started new job and trying to work out logistics for frozen transfer near end of the year.
    Sorry not sure! But good luck for your transfer.

R

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats @wazbub on the safe arrival of your girls!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by midnite01 View Post
    Hey ladies did I read somewhere on here that cape fertility no longer do Saturday transfers? I have Fridays off recently started new job and trying to work out logistics for frozen transfer near end of the year.
    @midnite01 I've just been back in contact with CFC and the info I received back says monday to Friday only. Not sure if that is just for Dr M or if for all at the clinic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

So good to see the thread still going.

Congrats to those who have had new additions .. hope all is going well.

I’m heading back over for round 2 , will be a single transfer ( this week anyway haha)

Scary to think this is my last shot at it really but can only hope for the best..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by littleone11 View Post
    Hi ladies,

So good to see the thread still going.

Congrats to those who have had new additions .. hope all is going well.

I’m heading back over for round 2 , will be a single transfer ( this week anyway haha)

Scary to think this is my last shot at it really but can only hope for the best..
    Good luck!!!

R

Thanks
    Reviews

Default SA clinics for a Brit. Advice?

Hi Ladies, I hope it's ok to jump in here. I'm not actually in Australia, I'm in England, but the main online fertility forum there doesn't have my info or chat about IVF and Donor Egg Treatment in South Africa. Some ladies pointed me in this direction...

After a few failed IVF attempts in England and some traumatic donor egg attempts in an Eastern European country, we've decided to go with an agency in South Africa which allows us a good amount of information on the donor. It's more common to go the anonymous route in England/Europe, but after our experience, we've decided that's not for us.

Seeing as most Brits stay relatively local to Europe, I've not had much insight to the clinics in South Africa. Particularly, we're looking at Medfem and Aevitas. What's people's experiences here? We want a clinic who's good at communicating and will help guide us and the donor through the process. Also, obviously, good success rates.

Many thanks
    x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaudie View Post
    Hi Ladies, I hope it's ok to jump in here. I'm not actually in Australia, I'm in England, but the main online fertility forum there doesn't have my info or chat about IVF and Donor Egg Treatment in South Africa. Some ladies pointed me in this direction...

After a few failed IVF attempts in England and some traumatic donor egg attempts in an Eastern European country, we've decided to go with an agency in South Africa which allows us a good amount of information on the donor. It's more common to go the anonymous route in England/Europe, but after our experience, we've decided that's not for us.

Seeing as most Brits stay relatively local to Europe, I've not had much insight to the clinics in South Africa. Particularly, we're looking at Medfem and Aevitas. What's people's experiences here? We want a clinic who's good at communicating and will help guide us and the donor through the process. Also, obviously, good success rates.

Many thanks
    x
    Welcome! Most of the ladies here go to Cape Fertility (CFC) in Cape Town and there’s lots of great feedback on them if you read back through the threads.

I do recall we had a couple of members over the years who went to Jo’burg - I think mixed experiences though if I recall correctly? I think both Medfem and Aevitas were mentioned. Might be worth the long read back to find them?

I am 20w after going to Cape Town in July. I chose CFC because:
    - great success rate and strong track record. I was able to verify their quoted success rate myself on this thread (I checked last 3 years of posts)
    - great quality lab
    - good feedback on doctors (I loved Dr Le Roux)
    - I could email my doctor directly if needed and he would reply very quickly
    - having travelled to both cities before, there’s lots more to do around Cape Town for 2 weeks (The key attraction in Joburg is the safari parks but most are in malaria zones and I personally didn’t want to take malaria drugs while TTC or risk catching malaria without them)
    - they work with all the major donor agencies
    - very clear on communication of fees and process

I have also had disastrous experiences with donor egg in Europe (Finland) and I chose South Africa because I could choose my own donor. While I loved the more detailed profiles, what I really valued was the ability to choose a proven donor. I was able to confirm with the agency:
    - Are they really a proven donor through IVF? ‘Proven’ means they either have a child or have done IVF. Some women conceive naturally but don’t respond well to IVF drugs
    - results from their previous cycle - I was able to get info on # of eggs, # of blastocysts, # transferred and if a pregnancy resulted. This gave me a lot of confidence in how the donor would respond (and turned out to be spot on!). I couldn’t afford another failed cycle.

In the end I chose an out of town donor with good results and who sounded lovely in her profile. So I paid a little extra for her to travel to CFC. It was worth it to get the best donor for me and she got a holiday in Cape Town during uni break.

Also there’s a number of agencies in South Africa and most are pretty much the same in terms of service/cost. So I’d go with the one that has the right donor for you. Once you select and pay for the donor the clinic handles the rest.

Best of luck!

R

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaudie View Post

Many thanks
    x
    Just as @ Risa78 says, CFC is the best. I also went with Dr le Roux, he was excellent, if l emailed him, he would email back immediately regarding the time difference.
    @ Risa78 explained it well & l second her.
    Ps l did look at clinics in Jo'burg but found CFC to have the best success rates. As we speak I'm lying next to my twin gorgeous girls. Thanks to Dr le Roux & his team at Cape Town Fertility Clinic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is incredibly helpful, thank you!
    I think the reason UK forums don't discuss SA is simply because it's a really long way to go for treatment. But everything I am ready suggests SA is just as good as UK. (I hear Cyprus has some of the best rates for success but finances won't allow that).
    I've been emailing with the agency and Medfem and so far it's all pretty clear. Also, they get back to me reasonably quickly which is reassuring.
    The donor lives in Jo'burg and it would cost quite a bit more to fly her to Cape Town twice for tests and then retrieval. (Still so angry at the Eastern European clinic for duping us and taking our money, argh!) So I think it will have to be Medfem. Still, I haven't read anything negative about them and they are still a top clinic. My next concern is what will I do there for 2 weeks once DH leaves? He can only stay for a few days. I'm normally quite adventurous, but with all the talk of crime I think I'd want to ensure I'm always with someone and in safe areas. Ideas for what to do?