+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Well I'm slowly chipping away at the flab I feel.

I've found a good low impact cardio workout on YouTube that I really like. I'll follow that up with 10 minutes of ab exercises. I think I'll step up the length of my workouts soon to push for quicker results.

Diet wise I'm still pretty sensible. As I've said before though, I think there is a limit at what I can achieve just through diet - hence why I'm working out 5 times a week. It's the only way.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I am glad to see everyone making progress. I have had one week away and it has taken me four weeks to get back to the gym. I am now settled in our new place, and I feel like I can get back to the exercise classes. I will still be baby sitting as needed, so it might be hit and miss. marie

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i have finally made a return to my fitness class today. For the first time in my life, I laid on the floor with a pool noodle along my spine. I can feel my spine 'open' . such a cool thing. marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How is everyone going? I have made absolutely no progress whatsoever, either in weight, fitness, or mindset.

The only one good thing I've got going is that I still go to my dance workout every thursday, and I've stopped being embarrassed about telling people that I do it and really embracing it because it's the only exercise I do that I actually like.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I stalled then gained weight during a slew of medical tests then when I went back I fractured my foot so today was my first day back exercising and I am very tired but pumped to build up to heavy weight training

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,can I join you. I am on a mission as I have gained so much weight over the last few years and said to myself if I hit 80kg I will loose and now I'm almost 90kg so I feel terrible about myself! I just went to see dietitian as I'm putting our next round of Ivf on hold until I loose some weight, as I will just add more on when I start my drugs so may aswell loose some first.
    The dietitian was fantastic, as I eat good foods it's just my portions are way to bit and I skip meals then binge.

Good luck to everyone and I hope I can stay motivated. I did a work out from YouTube yesterday and I'm so sore but still did a 6km walk today so feeling good

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to McyD18 For This Useful Post:

CazHazKidz (15-10-2018),Phia (08-10-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    First week back on the wagon and since my weigh in last Monday I have lost 1.9kgs!

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to loodle For This Useful Post:

CazHazKidz (15-10-2018),Phia (15-10-2018),SuperGranny (16-10-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also have a few extra pounds, join your team.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It’s been ages since I posted but I have been doing 5:2 and I’ve lost 7kgs so far!

I went to see my doctor and he was very knowledgeable and supportive.

The idea is that you eat 500 calories on two non-consecutive days - i do Monday and Thursday. That way over a week you have a calorie deficit. The other days you eat normally. It’s the only thing that’s worked!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Phia View Post
    It’s been ages since I posted but I have been doing 5:2 and I’ve lost 7kgs so far!

I went to see my doctor and he was very knowledgeable and supportive.

The idea is that you eat 500 calories on two non-consecutive days - i do Monday and Thursday. That way over a week you have a calorie deficit. The other days you eat normally. It’s the only thing that’s worked!
    Interesting Phia. How long have you been doing it? What do you have in a 500 calorie day? 7kg is great, well done you!

I have been doing a diet given to me by the California FS I was consulting with. Basically no sugar, gluten, carbs, banana or yoghurt (but I do no dairy anyway).

So I have been living on salad, veges, meat, fish, and becoming a big fan of avocado smoothies, zucchini spirals and cauliflower rice. I think it was starting to work but then I was travelling overseas at xmas/new year and it was impossible to maintain. So back to square one . Keen to try to lose some weight before my next cycle.

IMG_0252.jpg

R