+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Weightloss/Fitness support thread

Hey all,

I've started many weightloss journals in my time with bubhub. Sometimes they went well, other times they didn't. My most recent is not helping to motivate me in any way. My motivation is so bad. Completely non existent. I barely even have the motivation to start this thread.

I'm hoping people sharing their goals and achievements and cheering each other on might be a bit better than a journal that no one reads.

Who's in??

Maybe there might even be someone in a better head space with their motivation that could even take charge and put out some challenges or something? That's just an idea though. The best thing I think will just be sharing and supporting each other.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I need to do something. I’m the heaviest I’ve ever been. I was fine til middle of last year then dh went away for months and I was run off my feet with work + study + dd and I started eating more which I’ve never done. I weighed myself last week and I was 75.4kg so I’ve put on about 7kg in 8 months ☹️
    Just downloaded My Fitness Pal which I’ve used before and entered my intake for today. I can see where I’m going wrong it’s just a matter of willpower and motivation to change my diet - reduce the evening wine, kick the arvo coke, lay off the cheese and stop the 9pm snack are my BIG issues!
    I’d love to lose this 7kg. My clothes don’t fit and I don’t feel good about myself.
    I started last week by buying an awesome salad lunchbox and I’ve been bringing salad each day to work. Tomorrow it will be minus the cheese
    I hope you can find your mojo too @CazHazKidz!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

CazHazKidz (26-02-2018),Phia (26-02-2018)

SuperGranny is online now Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I will put my hand up cazhazkidz. I want to loose 10 kgs. I have been successful in the past with the help of Curves. But now my Curves has closed. It has become a Wellness
    Center offering some exercise classes and meditaton, and yoga classes, but at odd times. I have been in the habit of going to the gym first thing and then going to work. It was just what i did everyday, five days a week, and i loved it. Now i have to organise myself for different times for the exercise classes and also i have to have actual money in my wallet to pay for the classes. So things are not going so smoothly for me. But I think if I have a buddy to keep track with, it will be better for me.
    start weight 75kg, goal 65kgs. I will set a target date for june. marie.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

CazHazKidz (26-02-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I’m not a huge lady but had put on about 8kg last year due to shift work demands.

I tried the Kim Beach program. Honestly, if you’re able to, try it. I never felt hungry, and if anything, some days it was too much to eat.
    I did barely any of the exercise but did the diet strictly. I lost 7kg over the 8 week period. It was good tasty food and easy to do.

I don’t know if that will help anyone but good luck to you!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to misho For This Useful Post:

CazHazKidz (26-02-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd like to. I've whacked on 6kg since Christmas, 3 kg in the past few weeks alone and I was overweight to begin with. The only change I've made is that I've swapped junk food (mainly chocolate and biscuits) for fruit, raw salad veges, nuts and seeds. With those changes I was expecting to lose weight and I'm puzzled as to why I'm gaining not losing. I had someone say to me that I'm probably eating too much fruit, but that really doesn't make sense to me. The watermelon and grapes I've been eating have way less calories than chocolate plus would have significantly less sugar. If anything it would be the nuts and seeds I've been eating (I guess I should weigh before eating?), They are so yummy it's easy to eat more than I should.

I'm not getting any exercise at the moment and that's a huge factor in me gaining weight. It is so hard to find the time. The obvious is to walk to and from the train station instead of driving everyday. It is about 2.5 km and quite hilly so is good exercise. What's holding me back is arriving at work all sweaty and having to leave at 6.30am in the mornings.

ETA in the interest of being completely honest, the extra salad and fruit thing is more on weekdays while I'm at work. Weekends can be pretty shocking and would go a long way towards explaining weight gain. I'm home from work sick today and I've eaten two bananas, 3 pieces of cheese and a handful of lavosh which isn't that great. Actually having proper meals on weekends is something I struggle with and I tend to graze on whatever I can grab quickly, then binge eat because I'm hungry at the end of the day. Hmm something to work on I guess.
    Last edited by SSecret Squirrel; 26-02-2018 at 12:35.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SSecret Squirrel For This Useful Post:

CazHazKidz (26-02-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I plugged my details into MyFitnessPal and it said I should be eating 1200 calories per day, 40g from fat, get 30 minutes exercise per day and I will lose 700 grams per week, and for some reason I can't work out be 1.5kg down on the 2nd of April.

Calorie King said 1647 calories per day. 47 grams from fat. 45 minutes exercise per day and I will lose 1kg per week and will be 5 kg down on 2nd of April.

I like the Calorie King plan better as after plugging foods I like into the calorie counter, I think 1200 calories per day is too hard for me. 45 minutes per day exercise will be tough to fit in though. Will see how I go and report in next week.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SSecret Squirrel For This Useful Post:

CazHazKidz (26-02-2018),Phia (26-02-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'll join too!

I have joined Healthy Mummy and Weight Watchers, but honestly don't really like either of them.

I don't own scales as if I don't see a loss I go off track. So I measure. I have lost about 20cm since November last year.

I'm aiming to loose 12cm off my waist by July so I can by some Volcom ski pants

My issue is sweet stuff, so that is all gone out of the house. I was going to the gym 5 days a week, but that's too much. So starting this way I'm going to go Mon, Tues, Thurs Fri.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PomPoms For This Useful Post:

CazHazKidz (26-02-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    As I sit here eating a crunchie as part of my lunch, I realise I really do need this thread.

I’m much the same as @gingermillie in that my work is really full on, DH is away a lot and a 4 year old seems to take up a lot of time. I also drink too much coke and eat too much chocolate.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-DJ Nette For This Useful Post:

gingermillie (26-02-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone who has followed my previous weight loss journals will know I'm a bit of a yo-yo-er

But I've managed so far to get back to my ideal weight in between each of my children (I have 4 of them and they are 2, 4.5, 6.5 and 8). I was my fittest and strongest I'd ever been in my life when I fell pregnant with my 4th child. I was 57kg (I'm 170cm) carrying very little body fat and very strong. I was body building. It seems mental even writing that down, because I'm so far from being that person now only 2yrs and 9 months on.

I'm now getting close to the 80kg mark carrying HUGE amounts of body fat and lost most of my strength. I'm not fit and everything is hard work. I AM a busy person with 4 kids and working 3 days a week as well, there's no doubt about that, but it's not that I'm busy. It's just that my motivation will not come back. If I wanted to make the time to fit in exercise I could. But I don't want to. If I wanted to eat healthy I could. But I don't want to. I eat SO bad. Has anyone ever watched the biggest loser and remember when they show the trainer living with the contestants at the beginning and been shocked by the food they eat? That is me. I eat junk from the time I get up to the time I go to bed. I don't even know why I do it but I can't stop! It's total self sabotage.

I need something in my head to click so I can get back to my old self. This is the longest I've gone without getting back on the wagon, and I'm scared I'll end up 100kg and still not able to get it back.

SuperGranny is online now Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    hi Cazhazkidz, would keeping a food diary help you. ?? even if you just start out writing down what you eat when you are having a good day. ? Then you can track and see which times of the day or which days are worse than others.?? perhaps that might be a starting point. marie.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

CazHazKidz (27-02-2018)