+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Caz if the school has his diagnosis now you should be able to work with them to better transition him in future.

I'm struggling cause last Yr my sons teacher changed part way through. Turns out it was carse she was very sick. Had cancer and passed told my boy this morning and sent him with a note to the teacher asking she let him step out of the classroom if needed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We don't have a diagnoses yet, we've still only seen the psych once.. waiting for 2nd appointment, and still not even sure where I go from there as far as diagnoses.
    He STILL hasn't met his teacher. It's not an issue so far as he's had the same teacher every day this week and loves her so is enjoying school. The problem is he is getting close to this teacher and then she will leave. I haven't bothered to arrange a meeting with this teacher to discuss Hayden's problems with expression, as she's not his teacher for the year. I was really hoping that I'd have already spoken to his teacher by now so she was aware, and that she's be on his side and able to help him for the year. At this point I don't even know when she's coming back, why she's gone, or how many teachers he's going to go through. I guess it can't be helped, but it is very frustrating... I had a plan!
    Sorry to hear about X's teacher. That's awful

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    How is everyone going with the new school year? I am blown away with Charlie’s progress both in and out of school everyday. He is really getting into imaginative play and is constantly wanting to play shop, or pretend to be a handy man and hiding his toys around the house to play hide and seek something that 6 months ago was unheard of for him. The same as he is showing signs of empathy, a month ago I had a headache and he ran and wet a paper towel and placed it on my forehead telling me to rest until I felt better and when my Mum was here after her operation he watched when I changed her dressings and was saying “I am sorry you are hurt Nanny, can I kiss you better”. At school he is not only writing (previously he wouldn’t even pick up a pencil) but is spelling perfectly and seems to be a whiz with numbers and has settled into his new class so well. He has a little girl who has been in his class every year since prep and every morning they greet each other usually with a cuddle, it warms my heart to see him with friends because I was always so worried about kids not accepting him.

White Mage is offline Today has been cancelled, go back to bed.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Hey loodle. So good to hear you are having a good start. And its good the kids are being friendly and inclusive.

We have had a positive start as well.
    Ds2 has been super excited every morning. He has had thr odd accident in the week. I think it's the amount of water he has been drinking.
    Ds1 has settled in fine. I am seeing some real pre teen attitudes lately.
    I think it's been more of an issue for me. DS1s new teacher is very nice. But unlike every teacher I have had (minus grade 2) I have always been able to come in just to tell them something important. Like he had therapy today, or just a heads up he has had a bad morning. I have to now book an appointment to speak to her about things. And possibly email her, hopefully she is a diligent email checker. Otherwise the new aid this year seems very attentive. She will have her hands full this year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    THat's so great Loodle!

Hayden still hasn't met his teacher, but the school finally did let us know that his teacher is on leave and they will have a relief teacher for most of this term.

I decided to email her and explain Hayden's learning struggles and Tics even though she won't be his teacher for the year. Her response was great, she said she had relieved for his teacher last year and had seen his struggles, and it was great to have some background. She promised to help him as best she could with his written work, and to make sure when his teacher does return that she passes on the information I have given her and does her best to make sure a repeat of last year doesn't happen.

So while it's still not ideal, I'm happier than I was! His relief teacher is great and he absolutely loves her. It's such a shame he can't have her for the whole year!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Things have been plodding along over here.
    Ds1 is off for his first school camp. Going over medication and such was a bit of a marathon. But he is going to have a ball.
    He will have his cousin with him as well to keep an eye on him being in the same year level.

I had both the boys SsGs last week. Both boys have had a good start this year.

Currently still waiting for NDIA to approve the funding in Ds2s Assistant Technology section of his plan. So he can have his communication device. He was approved for it in December but the delegate has not entered it in.
    I rang NDIA and had to put it in escalation to hope that we get it soon. No estimate time available. I had to tell them how he has been without his device. I was like 'well try living without a voice'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pvroom View Post
    Hi, I haven't been on for a while. How is everyone? We are surviving the stay at home life, it's actually great for my autistic kids, they love to be home!
    So far so good. But to be honest, I am freaking out, anxiety through the damn roof.
    DS1 will take this easy enough, he is a homebody. But Ds2 really surivives on being at his school......
    I know the likely hood of them going back to school after the 'holidays' is not very likely, but I am hoping.. really am...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy Autism Month.

Be sure to be kind to yourself right now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How is everyone handling Isolation??
    I know Ds1 can handle it, and home schooling, because he is like his Mum and Dad and loves being at home. But Ds2, is not handling it too great, his anxiety is peaking again.
    DS2's special school also has decided 99% (100% know by Tuesday/Wednesday) that they will be home schooling like all the mainstream school. The at home timetable for him is pretty much him helping out with house work with occassional handwriting/arts and crafts activity...
    It's gonna be difficult because I have to also act as an Aid to keep DS1 motivated to keep going as far as online schooling is concerned. And try and keep everyone quiet while the DH is working from home in a different room.
    It is just so much ugh..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello I'm sorry no one replied. I guess that tells part of the story doesn't it? Our year has been overall very good. Our family has been better off for being home. But I'm struggling today. We are going to unschool next year for our eldest's first year of school. But my husband is struggling mentally and I feel like a carer for him as well as the two autistic kids. I have my own stuff and I'm exhausted. I'm studying because it makes me feel good but it's a struggle with time and brain space.