+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    I really feel for you, but sadly I've heard it all before from other parents with kids on the spectrum. It's not right. A good school will do their best to accommodate and support your child.

How long has your DS been diagnosed and do you have therapists that work with your son regularly?
    He was just diagnoses November last year so we are still in the process of applying for a fund. Yes we see a speech therapist every week and an OT every forthright. I spoke to the assistant principal today and she said that she will talk to the aide. I feel so exhausted and frustrated I want to go to school and yell at them all!
    My son had an aide ay childcare and she loved him! He did not act like that to her they get along very well. The fact that his aide at school now told me that she has 2 asd with asd gave me confidence that she will understand my son but after 2 weeks she changed her attitude... I can’t understand.

White Mage is offline Today has been cancelled, go back to bed.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    So I got somewhat exciting news.
    After a dance around with ndis and service providers, finally have a key worker. She has designated an o.t and a speechie for ds2, and we meet them next Wednesday.
    More exciting, we know the speechie. She did Speech with both my boys when they were in early intervention.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to White Mage For This Useful Post:

Mod-Degrassi (15-02-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    @Ahalfadozen congrats on arrival of your babies I hope everyone settles in well. And your recovery is easy. I’ve been thinking of you.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

White Mage (16-02-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by White Mage View Post
    I have 2 boys. Ds2 is sort of like 2-3 kids in one. I wish I was exaggerating. He is tiring.
    As much as I would of liked more kids. I value my sanity a great deal more...
    I feel the same about DD2 sometimes, the exhaustion can be overwhelming. I feel like DD1 and DD3 miss out on soooo much especially a happy Mum a lot! Now that Kinder and Daycares are 4 days a week I feel like DD2 has calmed down ever so slightly, swimming starts in 3 weeks, I am hoping that help too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    I will also add I want to strangle myself today. Ds has really started being aggressive and swearing constantly calling me a F head etc and towards dd. Completely fine at childcare though. I can’t handle his train obsession he won’t share the television. If I don’t put YouTube on he gets aggressive (he likes to watch trains). But at what point do I make dd suffer? Like as in no electronics? I hope I make sense. I’m so drained. I hope I get this Bunnings job so I don’t have to deal. I’m so drained. Not sure how much longer I can deal. Also we got a new dog and he hates her. Specifically for him. Fine with our other dog but would t share with dd. Feel like I’m failing right now. Just want to run away. He also cut my hand with a knife this week. He loves cooking so I try promote cooking then anger gets in way if not his own way. Ugh!
    I find wine helps me deal ( not really ) it’s just soo good! Sending you big hugs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    @Ahalfadozen congrats on arrival of your babies I hope everyone settles in well. And your recovery is easy. I’ve been thinking of you.
    Yeeees such gorgeous additions.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to White Mage For This Useful Post:

smallpotatoes (21-02-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What sort of things should we be talking about with an OT at our first appointment? I’m not really sure what we need to mention or do we mention everything?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasselhoff View Post
    What sort of things should we be talking about with an OT at our first appointment? I’m not really sure what we need to mention or do we mention everything?
    Things like every day self care. Dress themselves, use a toilet, feed themselves.
    Things like if they have sensory issues with things like water, or certain substances.
    Things to do with eating in general.
    Sleeping patterns.
    Working on body strength, be it things like riding a bike, or small things like holding a pencil or a spoon.
    You would talk about different things that might help with all of the above, and the O,T should be able to help you set up stuff to assist with all of that.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to White Mage For This Useful Post:

Hasselhoff (21-02-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Today at 4 I have the o.t and speechie coming to talk therapy for ds2. I am ready!

Both boys are booked in for their ssgs next week. I am ready for that too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How is everyone floating along?