+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 54 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Mage View Post
    I know, it's incredibly horrid... and manipulative... pretty certain my MIL has some kind of play in this as his Nan wouldn't of know the person she spoke to without a bit of guidance...
    Good ol MILs. Such a horrible thing to do. Completely lost for words by that.
    I know exactly how you are feeling and why you aren’t going, ds is the same and struggles with things like that (out of routine etc) I would probably do the same and stay home.

Seriously though - wtf.

White Mage is offline Today has been cancelled, go back to bed.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasselhoff View Post
    Good ol MILs. Such a horrible thing to do. Completely lost for words by that.
    I know exactly how you are feeling and why you aren’t going, ds is the same and struggles with things like that (out of routine etc) I would probably do the same and stay home.

Seriously though - wtf.
    Sadly this isn't too out of the universe for his family. They are very much about their own wants and needs and doesn't really think about how things affect anyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    @White Mage that is some bullish!t right there

What absolute nerve she has. She clearly has no idea of the demands involved with caring for an ASD child.

What angers me the most is that people like that don’t try and learn more to be a better support to you, they just continue to be ignorant and non-understanding.

I would be tempted to pick up the phone and verbally tear her a new a$$hole.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    @White Mage that is some bullish!t right there

What absolute nerve she has. She clearly has no idea of the demands involved with caring for an ASD child.

What angers me the most is that people like that don’t try and learn more to be a better support to you, they just continue to be ignorant and non-understanding.

I would be tempted to pick up the phone and verbally tear her a new a$$hole.
    Dh will be telling them in person when he sees them next weekend... It will be interesting.
    As long as DH goes prepared he will be able to take em on. They will make a further effort to make him feel bad and guilty...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mommies!! school is back is there anyone here adjusting to school routines again? My little one is not a morning person it is hard to wake him up in the morning specially now that it is darker and colder

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by xanadu29 View Post
    Hi Mommies!! school is back is there anyone here adjusting to school routines again? My little one is not a morning person it is hard to wake him up in the morning specially now that it is darker and colder
    Ds1 does find it harder to get out of bed because its cold. But otherwise everything runs like clock work here because Ds2 doesnt allow us to lay about.
    The boy thrives for school days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mommies I need a little bit of help here... My son's teacher is not communicating with us it's just always the aide that talks to us about my son at school, we do't hear anything from the teacher... is it always like that? From what i know she is part of the SSG and needs to communicate with us regularly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I understand where he's coming from - so hard to get up in the cold and darkness! We don't have issues with that here because DD wakes ridiculously early (6am is a decent sleep in!). Sleep improves for her once school goes back because it means her routine is predictable again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mommies I need a little bit of help here... My son's teacher is not communicating with us it's just always the aide that talks to us about my son at school, we do't hear anything from the teacher... is it always like that? From what i know she is part of the SSG and needs to communicate with us regularly.
    Is there something you need to chat to the teacher about? Perhaps they'd agree to a communication book or something that you could write in if necessary and the teacher could make notes as needed? Or could you ask for a semi regular meeting with her if you think it's needed?

I touch base with DD's teacher as needed. Once a term for an IEP meeting and any other times there are issues. We use an app to organise meetings/send messages. She's also available most days after school if necessary and is very approachable. But there's no aide involved so that changes the dynamic a bit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    With Ds1s teacher she is difficult to catch. We use email if we need to. But yeah SSG is the only time I get a firm conversation with her.. Usually.