+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast
    White Mage is online now Today has been cancelled, go back to bed.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Izy View Post
    Honestly... A game changer. In just 3 days he was able to think and reason. He had conversations with mum and I on things other than terraria. He was able to joke and play with the dog, and he's eating again.

He even told me yesterday morning that he was 'surprised' he felt well, cause he had felt sick the other night. When I asked him what the sick felt like he explained sleepiness!!! His eyes were heavy and his body didn't want to do anything. Lmfao
    Perhaps this is why his sleep has been terrible... He didn't actually experience sleepiness cause he was just too anxious!

Oh that is great news!! So happy for you both. They say if its a good fit you will see positive changes quickly. Just think where he will be at in a few weeks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I haven't been here for a while. How is everyone?

Our youngest has been going through his assessments and will be diagnosed at his next appointment. He's 14 months

3. The Following User Says Thank You to pvroom For This Useful Post:

White Mage (05-10-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by White Mage View Post
    We had plans for a big family. But DS2 being so full on and his needs are constant, DH got the snip.
    I came to the conclusion after I realized how crazy I felt trying to live life with the boys, adding another child, I couldn't imagine trying feeding and all those early days while trying to manage ds2. Also I wouldn't sleep again.
    And yes that risk of another child with special needs would destroy me, and probably my marriage.

Most of my life goals died the day ds1 was diagnosed, and anything I had left died with ds2. It killed my relationship with my best friend. I still see her everyday, her daughter goes to ds1s school, but we can't talk the same way we used to.
    I had a lot of jealousy towards her, and she just didn't understand, also motherhood changed her.

Our families also don't understand the full extent on how this effects our lives to the point no one is willing to be brave enough to be alone with them. Or understand when we say, we can't do something or go somewhere. I know they say you can't let a disability dictate your life, but we haven't come to any other conclusion yet.

My DH and I lucky to get out maybe once a year together.

I had hopes up to now to be back at work and maybe be almost ready to buy a new house.
    DH and I had plans to go to Scotland to see his family on our 10yr anniversary, that also didn't occur, due to no baby sitters.

In essence our whole lives has changed.
    I just reread this and now I can relate so much more with my second being on the cusp of diagnosis too. I'm struggling with the idea of never going back to work, not being able to do all the things I like doing, not having the life I pictured

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pvroom View Post
    Hi, I haven't been here for a while. How is everyone?

Our youngest has been going through his assessments and will be diagnosed at his next appointment. He's 14 months
    Hey pvroom.
    I feel for you. It's not easy.
    Tell us how it goes and come to us if you need to vent.
    One day at a time.

Tomorrow is the last day of the holidays. As far as holidays goes. This has been one of the better ones.
    My Dh has taken the boys to S.A to see his family for 4 days. They come back tomorrow. Another stressful holiday for him as his family caused more drama concerning our boys...
    I am enjoying my last 12hrs of quiet time. It's been good even though I have been struggling with sleep because the house is so empty and quiet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good luck with the diagnostic process pvroom. Hopefully it opens some doors to extra assistance for your family and your youngest. It sounds like it's been a challenging period for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Tomorrow is the last day of the holidays. As far as holidays goes. This has been one of the better ones.
    My Dh has taken the boys to S.A to see his family for 4 days. They come back tomorrow. Another stressful holiday for him as his family caused more drama concerning our boys...
    I am enjoying my last 12hrs of quiet time. It's been good even though I have been struggling with sleep because the house is so empty and quiet.
    Sorry to hear about the family dramas again WhiteMage. Must have been tough for your DH to deal with.
    Did you get some time to enjoy the peace and quiet while they were away at least?

School's back here today. Both kids went happily which was nice. DD has her first school camp this term. Must organise a meeting with her teacher to discuss.
    I also found out today that I'll be starting a new job next week. It will mean before and after school care for the kids a couple of days. I'm hoping it's not too much for DD It's a long day of social interactions and sensory overload but time will tell I guess.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey pvroom.
    I feel for you. It's not easy.
    Tell us how it goes and come to us if you need to vent.
    One day at a time.

Thank you, the diagnosis part is easy but telling people is hard as they don't see it. Sigh.

How was the time alone, did you manage to relax? Sorry to hear about family dramas, I can relate!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sajimum View Post
    Sorry to hear about the family dramas again WhiteMage. Must have been tough for your DH to deal with.
    Did you get some time to enjoy the peace and quiet while they were away at least?

School's back here today. Both kids went happily which was nice. DD has her first school camp this term. Must organise a meeting with her teacher to discuss.
    I also found out today that I'll be starting a new job next week. It will mean before and after school care for the kids a couple of days. I'm hoping it's not too much for DD It's a long day of social interactions and sensory overload but time will tell I guess.
    Thank you for your comment above, it has been challenging, still will be I guess but diagnosis is positive !

Are you happy about new job? Glad kids went back to school ok! I find my kids cope ok with something for a short period sometimes so fingers crossed

10. The Following User Says Thank You to pvroom For This Useful Post:

White Mage (10-10-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 4 days alone was so quiet, the nights were hard, so used to the noises of my DH staying up at a ridiculous time. I had to put a light on in the house and have like Friends running all night just to give the illusion I wasn't alone.
    I did however manage to unwind a little, I enjoyed some food that I wouldn't normally get to eat, and went out for one evening with my sister and step dad, Went to Bingo.. Nothing exciting, they both really like the game.
    I also managed to finish some crochet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 4 days alone was so quiet, the nights were hard, so used to the noises of my DH staying up at a ridiculous time. I had to put a light on in the house and have like Friends running all night just to give the illusion I wasn't alone.
    I did however manage to unwind a little, I enjoyed some food that I wouldn't normally get to eat, and went out for one evening with my sister and step dad, Went to Bingo.. Nothing exciting, they both really like the game.
    I also managed to finish some crochet.
    That's good and I can relate with the light and noise