+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Question Awesome Mums of autistic kids-how many of us are there (#4) ??????????

DD2 officially started kinder this week and loved it teacher said although she struggled to transition from task to task at times, overall had an amazing first day! So happy to hear that!! We had over app with our pead and he was really happy with how she is progressing and her speech and comprehension is beyond what he expected in 3 months!! Felt really good to hear that as I always feel we could be doing more for her. We still have lots of issues with her not focusing and not following instructions and all that makes us feel unsafe. We have been looking into little schools, an ABA therapy pre school program, however our pead is all for ABA but has concerns about if the children in her group are majority non verbal that she may regress and mimic that behaviour. He asked us to get some info on that and if the ratio of verbal to non verbal was on par then to go ahead but if it was mostly non verbal then he doesn’t think it’s a good idea. I am not sure what to do now as I thinks the life skills they teach at this school is so wonderful. Totally confused and not sure what to do. Any thoughts?

White Mage is online now Today has been cancelled, go back to bed.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Honestly it is one of those situations you wont know unless you try.
    She may not regress. She might do well.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to White Mage For This Useful Post:

Mama of 1  (07-02-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone!!! I've been out for a few days my son deleted my app and I forgot my password Anyway... my son has been doing ok at school with 2 hrs everyday. He actually asks to go to school now... I just don't know about the teacher. His aide has been very helpful I have a chat with her and she said she got 2 kids on the spectrum so she understands my son really well. She gave us some worksheets to work at home because my husband told her my son might be missing out of some lessons because he goes home early. We are still waiting for the ENQ to apply for funding for my son.. hopefully they schedule it soon.
    @loodle I hope your little one is feeling better now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone!! It seems so quiet here maybe moms are busy with school works

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Sorry it HAS been quiet.

We had a few appointments last week.
    Had the Paed appointment for DS2. We went over the normal stuff, and the horror that was the Summer holidays. His behavior maybe a matter of tuning his meds a little to help him a lot more, but we will have to wait until he turns 6 to make the change, so next appointment is at the end of May. Until then, both I and his school will need to keep an eye on him and see if the med change is necessary.
    I did not bring up anything about the Melatonin, I wanted to wait and see if being at school again will help get him tired at bed time. I know swim day at school he was laying around the moment he came home.

Ds1 had a cold for most of last week. I kept him home for 2 days and sent him back when I felt he was back to his normal self. On the Friday, I got a call 90mins in, telling me he just would not stop coughing. Took him to the doctors straight after to find he has a throat and respiratory infection. DS2 now seems to have it.. I kept him home today, the doctor told me that they were both good to go back to school tomorrow.

I saw my psych on the Friday, and she is now concerned about my anxiety levels, and she pretty much told me she had never seen me in such distress before. Summer holidays really take a lot out of me and it reallty does take half a year to recover and be back to normal.
    By the time I get over Summer holidays, it's Easter holidays...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to White Mage For This Useful Post:

Mama of 1  (15-02-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sending hugs @White Mage i know school holidays can be very draining. How many kids do you have? I only got 2 but the older one is already getting married and my youngest is 6 diagnosed November last year. Things are doing ok at school he is still at 2 hrs a day but maybe next week they will increase his time. Hope you can get rest now that school is back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by xanadu29 View Post
    Sending hugs @White Mage i know school holidays can be very draining. How many kids do you have? I only got 2 but the older one is already getting married and my youngest is 6 diagnosed November last year. Things are doing ok at school he is still at 2 hrs a day but maybe next week they will increase his time. Hope you can get rest now that school is back.
    I have 2 boys. Ds2 is sort of like 2-3 kids in one. I wish I was exaggerating. He is tiring.
    As much as I would of liked more kids. I value my sanity a great deal more...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sort it’s been quite I’ve been looking for work, ds is in childcare and not at therapies having a break right now as we will be moving again and I feel he needs new people. I’m hoping this will help.

I bought a thermomix and ds is eating a few more things also he is more aggressive atm how is everyone else

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DH is away this week making everything feel 10x more exhausting. One good thing is DS2 is excited to go to school still but the damn possum outside the classroom is back meaning I need to stay with him until they start activities and he gets distracted. He woke up this morning repeating over and over “possum gone possum gone” so I am expecting a phone call saying he is having a meltdown.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hi all!

I've been super busy and pretty stressed - we moved house yesterday (enough said)!

We now live within short walking distance to DS's school.

DS is going pretty well, though testing us at times of course, trying to assert himself a lot (!) He's had a few big changes in the last two weeks, so it's expected that he might find it a bit of a struggle to adjust. He cried a couple of times before we moved (he got sad that the new house doesn't have a bath).

Our speech therapist will be taking a period of indefinite leave, so we'll be assigned a new speechie by our provider. Hopefully she'll click well with DS.

That's about all I've got time for right now - I've got a lot on my plate with getting the previous house up to scratch for the final inspection. Eeek!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

Mama of 1  (15-02-2018)