+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Sharing Birth Stories <3

I'm pregnant with our first baby & would love to have a natural, mainly unassisted birth if things work out that way. I'm someone who really benefits from learning as much as I can to prepare for something, also less likely to freak out about something during labour (like nausea) if I know it happens to others & is normal. Would anyone be comfortable sharing your labour / birth experience? (Positive, negative, natural, epidural, vaginal, c section whatever ). I would really appreciate it xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm currently pregnant with my third,
    Mine were both vaginal deliveries.

1st was spontaneous labour at 40+3, waters broke (yes it is like peeing your pants) in the am, got to hospital around 5am. They monitor constantly, let the midwives know when you have contractions/how long for. As unpleasent as it and it hurts it was no pain relief had him at 1330. Actual labour was 4.5hrs.
    Yes you can have fecal matter during labour because of pressure they're discrete about it.

2nd i was induced at 37+1, had balloon catheter the night before they put cannular in , broke my waters at 0830 am, then started the oxytocin to regulate contractions that was turned off at around 930 -10, (only thing i had was the drug to stop me vomiting drugs and i dont work well), had him at 1230, actual labour was around 4 hours.
    I had a great experience once bub is out you forget about the pain.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emma1217 For This Useful Post:

KJane13 (24-01-2018),skydancer (26-01-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Emma1217 View Post
    I'm currently pregnant with my third,
    Mine were both vaginal deliveries.

1st was spontaneous labour at 40+3, waters broke (yes it is like peeing your pants) in the am, got to hospital around 5am. They monitor constantly, let the midwives know when you have contractions/how long for. As unpleasent as it and it hurts it was no pain relief had him at 1330. Actual labour was 4.5hrs.
    Yes you can have fecal matter during labour because of pressure they're discrete about it.

2nd i was induced at 37+1, had balloon catheter the night before they put cannular in , broke my waters at 0830 am, then started the oxytocin to regulate contractions that was turned off at around 930 -10, (only thing i had was the drug to stop me vomiting drugs and i dont work well), had him at 1230, actual labour was around 4 hours.
    I had a great experience once bub is out you forget about the pain.
    Wow fast labours. Yes I'm worried about opening my bowls during but I guess it's just something that can happen & it's a natural process.

Good luck with ur 3rd! Do u know what ur having?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KJane13 View Post
    Wow fast labours. Yes I'm worried about opening my bowls during but I guess it's just something that can happen & it's a natural process.

Good luck with ur 3rd! Do u know what ur having?
    It is a natural thing, not everyone does, some people wont say, it is all the pressure obviously with the first you dont quite know how to push, but you do work out the difference, i had fast labours because of my determination to have natural and to get it over and done with, more pain relief you have the longer the labour will be. Have the right mind set goes a long way, and the trust that you'll have for the midwives, i couldn't thank mine enough.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emma1217 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Emma1217 View Post
    It is a natural thing, not everyone does, some people wont say, it is all the pressure obviously with the first you dont quite know how to push, but you do work out the difference, i had fast labours because of my determination to have natural and to get it over and done with, more pain relief you have the longer the labour will be. Have the right mind set goes a long way, and the trust that you'll have for the midwives, i couldn't thank mine enough.
    Thank you, yes another boy but this is totally different to my two boys. So im not sure theyre 100% right. Will defiently know when its out. When are you due? What is your plan?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Emma1217 For This Useful Post:

KJane13 (24-01-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Two natural and no drugs apart from gas.

First one: bloody show happened, went to hospital, waters broke, contractions started and slept the night increasing in pain the next day, uncomfortably painful but manageable. pushing out absolutely burnt with pain. unassisted, no rips etc the trick is to push out slowly and abit more as time goes on to allow for stretching down there instead of pushing as hard as you can from the start, once heads out the rest isn’t painful. Once heads out you know you’ve done it and it’s over as far as pain and work goes. The gas helped a lot during contractions.

Second: water broke at home, never got the bloody show or whatever they call it like I did last time, went to hospital and contractions escalated quickly not like the last one where I managed to sleep through it. contractions were insane and unbearably painful, gas only helped so much before it was no longer enough, pushing the head out felt ok this time, no burning, probably coz I had done It before, the pushing was a relief compared to the contractions this time round. I used same technique with pushing and no rips or tears, unassisted all good.there is no relief quite like the relief of having pushed that head out and knowing it’s over when you go natural and drug free. After my experience with contractions this time round, I will not be having another. If you want drugs you’ve got to ask early on when your contractions starts getting pretty painful or it will be too late and you’ll be refused.

Good luck xx

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MuMtORiLeYandLeO For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    First: 41 weeks, went into labour at home around 2am and laboured at home until about 1pm. Got to hospital, was put on the bed to have a ctg monitor where I spent the rest of my labour. Waters broke, had pethedine around 2 (was at 4cm), epi around 3 which helped spead up my labour because I was calmer. DD was presenting weird so needed forceps and episotomy to turn her and bring her out.

Second: 39+1 lmp, 40 weeks by scan. first contraction 430am. They quietened down so I sent everyone about their day and I went to catch up with a colleague. Walked around a bit, saw some colleagues while having mild contractions. Went to lunch with a friend and they got so bad that I excused myself and went home. My labour intensified once I got home. Laboured in the shower for an hour until DH, DD and babysitter came home. Then called midwife who said to come in. We did where my waters broke nearly straight away and i laboured in the shower until the bath was filled. DS was born in water, drug free, 49 mins after getting to hospital

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to smallpotatoes For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Emma1217 yes I absolutely believe that, everyone I know who has gone natural have had very short labours. (Obviously I know that's not the case 100% of the time).

I'm due mid July & having baby at the Mercy after seriously considering a home birth. The Mercy is the right place for us though (with a strong clearly stated birth plan haha).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MuMtORiLeYandLeO View Post
    Two natural and no drugs apart from gas.

First one: bloody show happened, went to hospital, waters broke, contractions started and slept the night increasing in pain the next day, uncomfortably painful but manageable. pushing out absolutely burnt with pain. unassisted, no rips etc the trick is to push out slowly and abit more as time goes on to allow for stretching down there instead of pushing as hard as you can from the start, once heads out the rest isn’t painful. Once heads out you know you’ve done it and it’s over as far as pain and work goes. The gas helped a lot during contractions.

Second: water broke at home, never got the bloody show or whatever they call it like I did last time, went to hospital and contractions escalated quickly not like the last one where I managed to sleep through it. contractions were insane and unbearably painful, gas only helped so much before it was no longer enough, pushing the head out felt ok this time, no burning, probably coz I had done It before, the pushing was a relief compared to the contractions this time round. I used same technique with pushing and no rips or tears, unassisted all good.there is no relief quite like the relief of having pushed that head out and knowing it’s over when you go natural and drug free. After my experience with contractions this time round, I will not be having another. If you want drugs you’ve got to ask early on when your contractions starts getting pretty painful or it will be too late and you’ll be refused.

Good luck xx
    Wow amazing how different both of urs were. Thank u so much for the tips on pushing, part of my birth plan is absolutely no episiotomy 🏼. How did u find the hospital was with respecting ur wishes for natural / unassisted? x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KJane13 View Post
    @Emma1217 yes I absolutely believe that, everyone I know who has gone natural have had very short labours. (Obviously I know that's not the case 100% of the time).

I'm due mid July & having baby at the Mercy after seriously considering a home birth. The Mercy is the right place for us though (with a strong clearly stated birth plan haha).
    Good month my 1st is a july baby, winter babies are good because you can snuggle with them without getting hot. Best time. Im sure you'll be fine and very focused ive heard the mercy is a really good hospital, i had my boys in warragul, a lot of difference.
    With any labour something can go wrong, i just hope everything goes to plan and bubs is happy and healthy, remember if you dont like a nurse midwife you cam request another one (can find grumpy nurses)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Emma1217 For This Useful Post:

KJane13 (24-01-2018)