+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Not Ovulating After Miscarriage

Hi everyone I am new to this forum and hoping to get some reassurance!
    I had a second trimester miscarriage at the end of September.
    I had to have a d&c on 26th October due to retained product (I hate that term).
    I know I did not ovulate after that, I don’t temp or use OPKs but I just know my body and generally go by ewcm and increased libido.
    However I got my period exactly 28 days after the d&c. Normal period, wasn’t light wasn’t overly heavy, normal duration.
    The following cycle i had a breakthrough bleed on day 14, which lasted a few hours, but again, did not ovulate. Got my period on day 28 again.

Does it sound like my body is trying to ovulate, judging by the breakthrough bleed? Do you think I’ll ovulate this next cycle? I feel like it’s taking forever to get back on track, even though the cycles themselves seem to be the right length?
    Has anyone else found this happen following a miscarriage? I am getting closer and closer to my baby boys due date and I just want to be pregnant again by then to soften the pain!!
    Thanks so much for reading... xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is passing your angel baby's due date without falling pregnant again yet. Hopefully their will be a take home baby for you soon.

I've found each pregnancy and miscarriage has altered my cycles in some way. I had PCO with long, irregular cycle before my first child but after her they went regular as clockwork. Then both of the miscarriages trying for #2 caused irregular cycles (eg. After one I had a 28 day cycle followed by a 36-42 day cycle - so it appeared one ovary was cystic again.

My ovulation symptoms, including moods, have also changed especially since having bub #2. As your cycle is so regular now, with an ovulation symptom (bleeding at 14 days), albeit a new symptom for you, I'd personally suspect you are ovulating. I'd suggest getting some cheapie OPKs and testing every afternoon for a cycle to see what they say. Best of luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm sorry for your loss.
    After a miscarriage and d&c, everything that I'd known about my body and cycles changed. I'd also consider testing with OPKs, so that you can find out if you are ovulating and, if so, learn your new signs.
    I hope you get your sticky baby soon x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im sorry you gad to go through everthing you did.
    I had a miscarriage not long after you but did not need a d&c. I wasnt as far along though. My first cycle after then was 40 days and I didn't ovulate. Cd36 for my second cycle now. Fairly sure I did O this cycle, but no af and no bfp.
    I understand your frustration though. After everything you have gone through you just want your body to sort itself out!