+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We are all going to Melbourne to have Xmas at my brothers house! He’s always coming up here so this year we decided to all go to him as he’s got a 2 and 4 year old who I think need to experience a Xmas at home (us, my mum and dad, my sister her hubby and kids, my aunt and uncle and all my SIL family are all going down) which is the first time it’s never been not at mine or mums house but luckily they know me very well and asked me to still organise it all with him (he’s going to do the meats which he usually does up here and I’m doing seafood and salads and dessert ) we’ve ended up with 30 adults and 12 kids and I couldn’t be happier!

But I’ve got to get everything down there , we are flying down next Friday but my sister and parents are driving so I’m loading them up with presents, kitchen utensils, food, table settings and anything I might need!

We are staying at a hotel as he’s got both sets of parents staying with him but the plan is to go to his place Xmas eve, let the little kids put treats out for Santa, watch Xmas movies and get a phone call from Santa (aka poppy) while we spend the day in the kitchen - DH will take DS back to the hotel by 8pm and I’ll stay and wrap all the Santa presents for everyone (which of course need matching Santa paper) then I’ll head back to the hotel by probably midnight and we all are meeting at my brothers again the next morning at 6.30am for presents! Then brekky (easy bacon and eggs and fruit and pancakes ) then the kids will play, we will cook, my SIL family will be over for lunch at 1, which will turn into left over dinner and an all nighter I dare say! Thankfully Boxing Day is totally relaxing!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

hakuna matata  (16-12-2017),our4boys  (16-12-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default what are you doing for christmas?

I’ll be in hospital celebrating with my brand new knee

No kids visiting , and hubby will come visit in the morning , help shower me and have lunch then head home to be with his dad
    Last edited by granny1; 15-12-2017 at 21:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Opening presents with DD in the morning. Not sure if there'll be a Christmas Day service at church like there usually is (nothing's been mentioned) - but if there is, then we'll head there. Finish packing, and fly out to Sydney at about 3:00 pm, arriving about 5:30 pm; and then trying to find somewhere open around Glebe to get something for dinner before we crash in our hotel for the night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    DP and I will be kid free (blended family and we alternate with our exes). We will hopefully escape and be totally alone together somewhere far, far away. We plan to pack a few things and head off into the sunset for a few days as soon as the kids go. Cannot wait.
    The kids will get their presents when they get back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Working.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Going to families where we get ignored and have to eat vegan food.
    2 out of the 12 people there are vegan and we only get vegan food. Plus no secret santa or present giving and my kids have no where to play.
    Before everyone gets all uppity i accept people have a choice to eat what they want...what i dont agree with is being expected to make vegan food when only 2 of the 12 people r vegan. Definitely have some vegan options but not 100% vegan.
    Plus my kids have nothing to do there.
    Id like to spend the day with my kids playing and skip the family stuff this year but its not an option.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default what are you doing for christmas?

Quote Originally Posted by loislane2010 View Post
    2 out of the 12 people there are vegan and we only get vegan food. Plus no secret santa or present giving and my kids have no where to play.
    Before everyone gets all uppity i accept people have a choice to eat what they want...what i dont agree with is being expected to make vegan food when only 2 of the 12 people r vegan. Definitely have some vegan options but not 100% vegan.
    Id like to spend the day with my kids playing and skip the family stuff this year but its not an option.
    That sounds horrible for the kids - Can’t you bring toys or their Xmas presents over so they can play? Why can’t you not bring non vegan food for those that are not vegan?

Thanks
    Reviews
    They pretty much just colour or draw. There no lawn for them to play on and the host wont let them watch tv.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to loislane2010 For This Useful Post:

BettyV  (16-12-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by loislane2010 View Post
    Can you bring some food you would like to eat?
    Or are the hosts vegan and won't allow non vegan food in their home?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    That sounds horrible for the kids - Can’t you bring toys or their Xmas presents over so they can play? Why can’t you not bring non vegan food for those that are not vegan?
    They pretty much just colour or draw. Theres no lawn for them to play on and the host wont let them watch tv. Theres literally NOTHING for them to do...plus they dont like the food (which i understand).
    We get asked specifically to bring vegan food. Drives me nuts!!