+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 848565758
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysgreener View Post
    @looking4babyDEE - still waiting on PGD/PGS results. Am expecting them end of next week the earliest. I am with you re PGD abnormal embryos. I have also done some (superficial) reading and have the same concerns. There seem to be enough stories (and studies) of abnormal tested embryos becoming healthy babies. Also, in addition to mosaicism (?) labs are not perfect either. So I am actually going to ask if we can keep this embryo on freeze regardless what the test comes back with. Who knows, an abnormally tested one may be our last shot in the end.
    However, I feel it is still worthwhile for us to test as my partner has a known translocation and it lets us try the "normal" ones first to hopefully limit heartbreak, but at the moment I feel like I want to hang on to our abnormal ones, too. I have even asked if they have discarded our two abnormal ones from the last cycle already (otherwise I want to keep those, too). I have made an appointment with the genetic councilor (in Jan) to understand all this a bit better, so maybe that'll improve my trust in the process/testing again.

How are you feeling today?
    I'm feeling fine - no symptoms whatsoever except for the constipation from the progesterone and the bruises from Clexane. I am tempted to test lol it's 5dp5dt. my last cycle, I tested on the same day and it was still positive from the trigger and 8dp5dt I started spotting. we have a work Christmas party today and I'll have to refrain from drinking although I don't think the little embryo is still there.

I agree with your way of thinking. it's my personal opinion that if it doesn't cause me any harm AND the embryo hasn't stopped growing, I don't mind having it transferred although it's not perfect (slow growing, fragmented, mosaic...). obviously the better looking ones first and foremost. our first embryo was graded BB and didn't take so who knows what happened inside us..

I hope it'll be good outcome next week hun.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to looking4babyDEE For This Useful Post:

alwaysgreener  (14-12-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Akara Exactly! Lynn told me chance of success with a frozen one is 50%. We also have two frozen PGS normal ones, but have been trying to make a third. Last cycle were two out of two abnormal. Hoping for better news this cycle (currently waiting on biopsy result from one embryo). However, at this stage, no matter the PGS result, we are most likely going ahead with transferring one frostie anyway before attempting another IVF cycle.

All the best to you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @looking4babyDEE Thank you! Yes, it's all a big mystery, isn't it. That's why there is always hope. Hope you got through the work party without drinking! Have a lovely weekend and look after yourself.