+ Reply to Thread
Page 88 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3878868788
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I tested just then at 13DPO, which should show up, and it was stark white negative, not even a squinter. My temps are still up but I expect them to fall tomorrow or wed. AF is due Wed. I guess it's still possible, but very unlikely.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I am sorry.... I know that feeling well. There still might be chance if your temps stay up you may have ovulated late.

Last night and this morning I had little niggles going on in my lower tummy. Thought it was too early for ovulation as I am CD 8... sure enough a flashy smile appeared on my clear blue test. I am away tonight for work 😩. Hopefully it stays flashing for a couple of days until I am back tomorrow.

Thinking of you... have my fingers crossed

Quote Originally Posted by Mummamania View Post
    I tested just then at 13DPO, which should show up, and it was stark white negative, not even a squinter. My temps are still up but I expect them to fall tomorrow or wed. AF is due Wed. I guess it's still possible, but very unlikely.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to hostie girl For This Useful Post:

Mummamania (10-02-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone, hope you're doing ok.

I just found out that I have the MTHFR gene mutation which is a bummer sort of. Because I'm now obviously thinking had I known earlier maybe I wouldn't have had four miscarriages, but who knows really.

Please would anyone here be able to share what dosage of methyl folate I would need to take? I will need to order some from the MTHFR shop or iHerb.

Thanks a lot

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok so in case anyone else is interested and reading silently, what I found out when you have the MTHFR mutation and are looking to buy appropriate supplements (which effectively help you metabolise folate and B vitamins):

-The MTHFR gene test providers themselves (I went with the Australian one for obvious reasons) want you to book some sort of video type of consultation (=yet more money to spend while you're desperate to get and stay pregnant) to discuss with them your nutritional plans and recommended dosage of supplements depending on the variant on MTHFR mutation that you have; so they don't recommend any dosage until they've assessed your case individually, and they then sell the supplements in their store

-Classic Chinese medicine practitioners recommend (=common sense) you take between 400-800mcg methyl folate daily which corresponds the daily recommended dosage of synthetic folic acid just to start with and see how you go

-What I heard from women who have the MTHFR mutation as well: there might be side effects when starting out on methyl folate, so you may need to start on a lower dose and then gradually increase (side effects may be headaches and nausea, or anything else)

So, I have now ordered stock standard methyl folate 800mcg capsules (GMO free) from iHerb as well as choline bitartrate (thanks to @Simyt for the tip, I finally ordered the ones you took).

Will let you know how I go.
    Last edited by martha; 27-02-2020 at 08:48.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to martha For This Useful Post:

littleone11 (27-02-2020),Simyt (27-02-2020)